It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:16 am

S2 Words Out Of Order - AOL or Drop/Hold On To 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post S2 Words Out Of Order - AOL or Drop/Hold On To
I have been perusing older post and found this one from Mar 18, 2005 :

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=308&p=1342#p1342

Ed Dames wrote:

2. Do not list a sensory datum if you've already moved onto a subsequent S2 category and, yes, hold onto a percept that belongs lower on the list.

I have been AOL'ing any percept that comes in out of order as I had seen instructions to do. I have not been corrected otherwise in posted sessions.

I do not want to start an outdated protocol. Which is correct/better? Is it preference? Reasons why?

Note - If I recall correctly, another poster had suggested like the above quote. He/she stated that holding onto dimensional percept builds site contact.

Last edited by RossU on Sat May 04, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 03, 2013 6:26 am
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Re: S2 Words Out Of Order - AOL or Drop/Hold On To
Hello RossU,
This is something I've run into occasionally. It usually happens deeper in the session after a S4 or two have been executed. I have always treated an out of sequence S2 precept as an AOL. In order to not think about it AND to reel the structure back in to keep moving. I had considered it "residue" from the act of completing the previous Stage 4 template (emptying the hopper). By AOL'ing the pesky precept, it would regain control of the session's structure.

Stage 2 is not used for creating the ST or for analysis. It's scaffolding for the rest of the movement. However, an out of sequence DIMENSION precept could be of use in S3. Would it be worth "holding" or would it be better to just keep moving? It's good practice to keep moving. Doesn't holding and dropping a precept to it's correct position denote thinking? The precept may come back during the subsequent S4 anyway. I would like to hear about this from the pros as well.

RossU wrote:
Which is correct/better? Is it preference? Reasons why?

Thanks for bringing up the subject.

Sat May 04, 2013 10:06 am
Advanced User
Advanced User

In S2, we are building site contact through the five senses.

-I don't think 'holding on to' equates to remembering. He didn't say 'hold and drop'. I think Ed is very precise about his wording.

One of the reasons to AOL the out of order percept is to train the unconscious to give a particular category of percept to us when we demand of it. I wonder if a simple 'No - I want texture(Colors, Tastes, etc.)' would suffice.

-Every time we AOL, by protocol, we are breaking away from the signal line. Can this lessen site contact? Is there any 'momentum' which could be lost?

It comes down to the best way to handle the minor break in structure. Which, by dint of the out of order percept, has already happened.

Is it worth breaking away from the signal line to train the unconscious?

Sat May 04, 2013 5:10 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

I like that you all have these types of questions. I had many of the same and it really shows you are paying attention to learning correct structure/procedure.
Answer number one, go work 100 sessions and if the perceived problem doesn't work itself out then come back here and ask again, or consider turning in your RV badge. That's the tough/hard *ss answer.

Answer two, handle it the way you suggest, Ross. If you are in the smells category and you get a taste percept, it might be your unconscious cue to move on to the next category.
I think you guys are safe in regards to your opinions here. But we're only talking about stage 2 here, remember.

Personally, I prefer answer one. You are, through practice and training, learning to develop an agreed upon pace with your unconscious. It CAN be up to you to demand/develop your own pace.

Sat May 04, 2013 9:40 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Practice corrects this problem. Your unconscious mind eventually gets it, and gives you the descriptor words in the proper order. I had this exact problem when I first started and I simply declared them as AOLs to keep me moving. It didn't take long for the issue to correct itself.

In my opinion, the risk you run by trying to keep them "in mind" is the out of place words might actually feed your creative imagination. If you can do this, without it prompting another AOL, then by all means give it a try.

Sat May 04, 2013 9:54 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

I was going to ask something similar to this as any non sequential data in session gets AOL-ed right now; what if you get something in the S2 color column like blue cylinder, or red box?

Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:37 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

'box' and 'cylinder' are nouns! Trash that stuff!

Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:59 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Yes Boss!

Any plans for an advanced course?

Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:23 am