It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:17 am

Ideogram Missing 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Ideogram Missing
I sometimes, especially with several days between, do not feel like producing an ideogram when prompted.

Is the triplicate method designed to compensate for this type of target miss?

Should I, in these instances, allow one or two ideogram(s) to be produced or should I always produce three?

Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:49 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Ideogram Missing
RossU wrote:
I sometimes, especially with several days between, do not feel like producing an ideogram when prompted.

This is not an option! Producing an ideogram is what connects a viewer to a target/key site aspect/element, etc., in order to commence/continue an RV session. The viewer needs a connection to a target in order to perceive data, producing the ideogram does this.

RossU wrote:
Is the triplicate method designed to compensate for this type of target miss?

Multiple ideograms are produced by many viewers in order to reinforce/strengthen viewer connection with the signal line. Only one ideogram is needed to maintain session structure, however, I suggest experimenting with multiple ideograms yourself to determine if one two or three makes a difference in your session data/accuracy.

There are no shortcuts to RV. Although, the protocols have been updated and streamlined for better efficiency over the years, the ideograms importance and creation to start a session has remained unchanged in RV structure.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:00 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

jayvee wrote:
RossU wrote:

This is not an option! Producing an ideogram is what connects a viewer to a target/key site aspect/element, etc., in order to commence/continue an RV session. The viewer needs a connection to a target in order to perceive data, producing the ideogram does this.

Maybe my choice of words and phrasing could have been better: "...do not feel like producing" did not mean "oh, why bother with the scribble".

Perhaps I should have said that, when prompted for the ideogram I knew I had no kinesthetic connection with the signal line. Any movement of the pen would have been completely by the somatic nervous system rather then from the autonomic nervous system.

Saying it is not an option only stands when you don't know if a ball is thrown at your head rather then by your head. In the beginning you should always catch the ball (produce an ideogram). But at some point shouldn't it be expected that you may know the difference?

Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:11 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

There's no way to be conscious of every little fast swerve and loop that your arm and wrist are doing during ideogram production if you are moving fast enough. Let your arm/wrist 'explode' in a quick burst of movement while not thinking about what you're doing. And there's no way to 'know' whether you establish contact with the signal line after producing an ideogram. The fact that you thought you might not have a connection shows you are thinking.

Do it, follow structure and keep moving. Don't think/judge about whether you may or may not be connected.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:55 am