It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:22 am

The descriptor list 
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post The descriptor list
Hi,

Learning RV is about learning a structure and a protocol. During the learning process we are intalling in our subconcious mind those structures and the protocol, included the descriptor list. By then, RVing should be like driving a car, almost an automatic process where you don't have to think about it.

At that time the descriptor list will be installed and you won't need to think about it anymore, as someone said before, you will put your pen on the paper and the words will pop up.

When we are beginners if we have a descriptor list, we don't have to think about wich word should be used, instead you "identify" the word in the list that express accurately your data.

Anyway, this is my experience, but I'm not a pro, If I'm wrong let me know it.

Sorry I think I posted this in the wrong place, it was meant to be as a reply to the descriptor list topic in this S1 & S2 Stages Forum.

Mat.

Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:37 pm
Profile YIM
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

I know that while doing training through the Learn RV DVD set, you eventually have to stop using the word descriptor list.

I think the list is only for when you first start out so that beginners have a better idea of what types of words could be used for decribing different thing as well as where those descriptor words belong (help eliminate the confusion).

Major Dames later states in the DVDs that the word list actually inhibits your ability (a little) to pull data as quickly as you could (resulting from spending more time viewing the list) therefore, it allows more time for AOL and imagination.

The DVDs do a GREAT job of weening people from using the list and templates to eventually executing sessions like a professional!! I was suprised about how smooth the process was!

There are SOOOO many things that are farther explained and expanded upon as you progress through the course... :shock:

FYI:
I'm no pro either... but it seems like this is the case :lol:

Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:42 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Come on guys, don't tell me that until I receive my 4-dvd set !!! My gosh, I'm so impatient.

Thank you for your remarks.

Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:50 am
Profile YIM
Post List...
The list does hold a RV back after a while... I used it for months when I started 3-4 years ago.. Now a days rarely use it (but I do once in a while) during a session. What I do from time to time is read thru it, even write them down, prior to a session. It helps me expand/keep fresh my vocalulary. Sometimes I get stuck on the same words.

I practice as I walk or wait some where. Describing the scene in front of me. tall, long wide, hard etc....etc. just practice.

Hope this helps

Alex

Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:42 pm