It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:01 am

How to get more dimension data? 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post How to get more dimension data?
What is the best thing to do when I don't perceive enough data of a particular type? "Dimensions" is the hardest type for me--I always get position words (over, under, high, etc.) but often not enough shape words to be descriptive enough. When no shapes come to mind, I ask myself, "what shape is it?" But if nothing pops up, I end up "seeding" my brain with possible shapes, so I don't know which is credible data and which are just my own suggestions. And of course the first shapes that come to mind are the simple ones: round, square, cubical, and spherical. So I have been studying/memorizing a list of dimension words, so that hopefully they will flow more freely when I need them. Since the analytical sketches are based on dimensions, I want to get this right.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:42 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: How to get more dimension data?
Post a session. Also, like you said, keep memorizing that list.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

OK, so if I'm getting very little dimension data, sometimes I ask myself, "what shape is it, what size is it?" But I don't want to end up "seeding" information into my mind that isn't valid, nor do I want to wait more than a few seconds so that the imagination doesn't take over. But since I don't get enough data right away, I do end up waiting more than a few seconds. I usually get quite a few position words, though (high, under, outside, into, etc.).
I could actively think of possible shapes to pick from, but this doesn't seem like a good idea to because thinking isn't allowed, and I don't want the imagination to be involved.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:23 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Waiting longer in dimensions is OK if you are an experienced viewer and know how to tell good data from AOL.

The worst thing to do is rush this process... just keep pushing for more and more dimensions and with practice you'll be getting lots.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

So if I am not getting any data for one or more dimension aspects (shape, motion, size, distance, etc.), should I "ask" about these, meaning directing my awareness to these aspects, or will this result in my imagination planting something? For example, I might be getting mainly shape words but no motion words. Ask, wait, or move on?
Thanks!

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:41 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

im the same way... sometimes i don't get any data... and 3-4 seconds go by, and i have to move on.. with barely any data...

most of the time.. i get data but it's not in the right place on my S2, i will see colors when i'm looking for sensory, or I will see dimensions when i'm looking for smells.. :x it drives me nuts..

I went really fast thru the s2 of my last session, but it was completely inaccurate. I had a ton of Aols though, so my creative imagination was probably giving me data to help me meet the 3-4 second rule...

I guess I could fix this.. by whenever my mind starts making aols... (for example... Rancid, Roasted, Rainy, Round.. my mind is going on some sort of R alliteration rampage...) I need to like mark it as garbage as soon as possible so the accurate info can come in?

~My unconscious

Sat May 09, 2009 4:12 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Caveat: As RV trainers know, when the 'alphabet linking' stuff (i.e., e.g., 'R...R...R...ad infinitum) occurs in S4, it is indicative of stream of consciousness activity and loss of RV target signal line. In most cases, this effect/syndrome is a result of heavy pot use. In S2, however, it is a normal thing for beginners (I was no exception).

Anecdotically, I dismissed the wife of a famous movie director -- herself, an academy award winner -- from one of my professional development courses, after I spotted this kind of thing in her RV training sessions (S4) on a repetitive basis. I asked her to please drop the habit...but she could not

So, in your case, it's probably simply a matter of requiring more practice. Thus, carry on -- even though it is now May, and your 'April flowers' have become desiccated and withered. (Do not fret, however. I promise that we will make you into a fine RV potpourri).

Sat May 09, 2009 6:23 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

If you consistently get lots of AOLs, try running your session at the end of a long day when you are mentally tired (not exhausted). I myself need to do this more often.

aprilflowers wrote:
im the same way... sometimes i don't get any data... and 3-4 seconds go by, and i have to move on.. with barely any data...

most of the time.. i get data but it's not in the right place on my S2, i will see colors when i'm looking for sensory, or I will see dimensions when i'm looking for smells.. :x it drives me nuts..

I went really fast thru the s2 of my last session, but it was completely inaccurate. I had a ton of Aols though, so my creative imagination was probably giving me data to help me meet the 3-4 second rule...

I guess I could fix this.. by whenever my mind starts making aols... (for example... Rancid, Roasted, Rainy, Round.. my mind is going on some sort of R alliteration rampage...) I need to like mark it as garbage as soon as possible so the accurate info can come in?

Sat May 09, 2009 8:00 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Is it okay if I repeat my times tables mindlessly in my head to keep my analytical mind occupied.. while waiting for s2 descriptors to come in?

It seems like when my analytical mind is busy... my other mind can finally sneak in a word or two... :? It usually takes longer than 3/4 seconds to get accurate info, b/c it takes a while to quiet my mind... :(

Frustrating!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit added::

Actually I think my problem is I need to memorize the descriptor list...

~My unconscious

Sat May 16, 2009 2:50 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Hi!
Quote:
Is it okay if I repeat my times tables mindlessly in my head to keep my analytical mind occupied.. while waiting for s2 descriptors to come in?

It seems to me that the desriptor words do come in, but we, or in my case, I "think" otherwise. I just remote viewed the next day USA Today front page photo for practice and the S3 of [X] was so close to the target, except for the analytical sketch positioning of the shape of one descriptor word. I talked myself out of putting the word "sideways" on the S2 dimensions because I "thought" it wasn't an acceptable dimension word. After viewing the photo I realized that had I heard the word horizontal instead of sideways I would've known the correct positioning of the rectangle. If I had listed the word sideways I also would've sketched the rectangle in it's correct position. Is it true that it is better to write all the descritptor words on S2 despite our thinking?? Will I now not have to be concerned about the word "sideways" as my unconscious has learned to replace it with the word "horizontal", knowing that I understand horizontal to be the equivalent to "sideways"?

I also find myself doing something similar with a color. Everytime I get to the color section, I become aware of the word "red", having noticed this, I automatically assume that it's incorrect so I sometimes leave it off the list.
Both of these examples above have given me some understanding of the quote "Know Thyself" as it seems one side effect of remote viewing is becoming aware of how my "thinking" influences what I do with the information that I receive. Thank you.

Sat May 16, 2009 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

~My unconscious

Last edited by aprilflowers on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 16, 2009 3:36 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

aprilflowers wrote:

Edit added::

Actually I think my problem is I need to memorize the descriptor list...

I wrote the list like 5 times over and over before bed.. but it didn't help me much.

Anyway, I learned in psychology class that if you want to remember something, it is easier if you 'associate' it with a emotion inducing experience.

Last night, I tried saying each descriptor word out loud, and thinking of a memory or experience that fits that descriptor word. (By the way, I noticed as I reached AI, it took me longer to think of a memory that fit the word.) Anywho, I am a lot more familiar with the list now that I did that little exercise.

My S2 goes a lot smoother now. (As far as knowing the descriptor words goes).

~My unconscious

Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:38 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

You don't want certain words to induce memories or AOLs so I would cease your exercise immediately.

A better way is to walk around and use low-level descriptors to describe what you see.

Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Thanks for the warning. :wink:

~My unconscious

Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:31 pm