It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:22 pm

"seeing" motion? 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post "seeing" motion?
I know that visual images are AOL's, but if I see a shape or line moving around in a certain kind of motion (upward, zigzag, etc.) in my mind's eye, is this valid Motion data? Or does it have to always come in the form of a word? Usually this is how motion data comes to me, I "see" the motion itself in my mind's eye.

Same question with shapes: if I see the outline of a shape in my mind's eye like a cube, sphere, etc. that is not an actual object, is it AOL or valid Dimension data?

Thanks!

Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:11 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Re: "seeing" motion?
Visual images are AOL if they're clear and persistent. If they are fuzzy and or fleeting then it is usually safe. I would say that both of your scenarios are safe. If you use them and they're not right you'll find out at when you get feedback and you'll learn when to trust the fleeting percepts and when not to.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:25 pm
motion is never in the "minds eye". motion is more of a feeling. You are using your thinking mind. RV is a non thinking event.

Hard to explain clearly. But what you are discribing is a function of your thinking mind... seeing things could by bi location? imagination(AOL)? but not RV.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:49 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Hmm, good to know. I, myself, have never seen motion (or much of anything that wasn't AOL for that matter) in a session, but once my hand started moving in a circle (outside of my S3 freehand, that is) so i wrote moving and circular. It never happened again so I didn't worry about it.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:49 am
Advanced User
Advanced User

Thanks very much. I have actually "seen" shapes in my mind's eye before, but they were just outlines and nothing concrete. When I saw feedback, I was correct about these. But I am very reluctant to write down anything I actually have a visual image of; I usually wait for words to come into my mind. Problem is, the first things that come into my head are almost always the simplest: square and round (either words or images of nondescript cubes/spheres), which seems to me more like habit than actual data.
So I will try to go with words/feelings only, and discount "mind's eye" images, even very sketchy outlines.

Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:59 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Quote:
Hard to explain clearly. But what you are discribing is a function of your thinking mind... seeing things could by bi location? imagination(AOL)? but not RV.

I seem to be a little late on this post. Bi-location is not RV? Bi-location is what we do though? Right?

Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:23 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Bi-location is the sensation of being 'sucked in', experiencing physical impacts of the target (feeling hot at a volcano target). It is unwanted and needs therefore a break.

"The universe [...] is written in mathematical language, and the letters are triangles, circles and other geometrical figures, without which means it is humanly impossible to comprehend a single word." Galileo Galilei

Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:42 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

In my opinion, I do not think it is entirely accurate to say that it is an unwanted state because Ed's structure makes it possible to manage such a state-we all bilocate to an extent. I only bring this up, not to be argumentative, but because I want to be sure that I and others are not confused. Bi-location is not wanted if you are to the point where you cannot focus. Ed seems to push us to be accurate with the way we state things around here.

Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:09 pm