It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:15 pm

1st DVD / 1st 2 targets - WOW! 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post 1st DVD / 1st 2 targets - WOW!
I am amazed @ how - Simply following directions, how close I came to the acutual targets! I have to buy a scanner so I can upload my sessions. I assumed a what ever attitude, followed protocol, & described things I had no-way of knowing.

I'm speachless & really looking forward to the ride ahead.

Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:59 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

:D KTM, good for you! Keep those things in mind as you progress through the DVD set. Don't worry about if you hit the target, just stay in protocol and you'll do fine. Good luck, RV is a hoot.

Snow

Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:56 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

I remember my first viewing session. Not the DVD1 target, but It was a "wow". I could feel the wind; I could smell the salt air.

And here is where it gets hard. Maintaining that "what-ever" attitude is tough. I wasn't warned.

You have an ego to keep your reality going in a world that wants to change your mind all of the time. Changing that internal belief system is very tough. Your ego is bigger than you are: just ask it.

Your ego was not involved in these two targets because it knew from all past experience and beliefs could NOT work: for you, or for anybody. So your ego was disengaged: we're all in control here, there's no harm being done, just ignore any results and silly noise.

But it's not theory any more. There's hard proof right in front of you. And you succeeded because this is a perfectly natural component of your mind and body.

That "speechless" feeling is a shock to your ego that has alerted it to the fact that something valuable and important (important perhaps to your very survival). The ego is alive and alert to this new capability.

And now it will do everything it can to get involved. And it will inevitably screw things up unless you give it something better to do.

Ed & Co present a performance chart that shows a high performance level at the start (RV "Beginner's Luck"), then a sharp decline in performance, and, with practice, a rise to a stable level that might be a high as that first try. This is a picture of the struggle with the ego.

But it doesn't really have to be a struggle.

Take a copy of those first two sessions, the target and your S3 and S/T, and put them up on the wall, review them every day, remember what it was to succeed, and remind yourself EXACTLY HOW YOU FELT WHEN YOU RAN THOSE SESSIONS.

That "what-ever" feeling is what made you successful. You have to convince your ego that it's job is to get you in there and practice the protocol but otherwise STAY THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY and let nature take its course

Russel Targ in Mind Reach spoke about the importance of "giving people permission to be psychic" to make their RV sessions succesful. Give yourself permission to repeat those first successes OVER AND OVER AGAIN JUST LIKE THAT.

(Ignore me: this is a test for the edit timestamp below.)

Speaking part DVD4 00:17:49

Last edited by redgatortrv on Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:20 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Great post. I was doing really well up to my %th session (I nailed it). My sixth session, preconcieved notions & ego took over, I knew & let it happen. Ego won & I bombed. Thx for the heads-up.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:20 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

I find it helpful to tell my analytical mind while I'm in an RV session to "stop interfering and step aside", and then I move faster but deliberately focused. I tell it to mind its own business while the session is underway and remind it that it's time will come when it gets to analyze the session in the end. That seems to help keep it in check.

It is a difficult thing to keep your analytical mind and creative imagination in check; but fortunately, it's not totally necessary if you identify properly when it's interjecting and properly document those times (as AOL). Just move faster, deliberately focused on the protocol, and don't look at even the last word you wrote down.

Great Job so far! Congrats!

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:05 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

I have just finished DVD2 had done about 20 targets all together and have been right on some and very close on the rest .... then as I started Doing sessions on the blank paper my RV sessions completely failed way off target. Now I assumed it was the time I was takeing to make the form as I went along that was causeing me to get off target .
So I go back to the printed form and did great again .
Is this a normal occurance when someone moves to Blank sheets ... I find it easier to stay on target but I also Know there must be good reason we are told to stop useing the printed form ... So I will but perhaps someone else has experienced this and have a sugestion to get me back on target with Blank forms ..

Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Icreate, it's normal for your target accuracy to fall off once you've started using blank paper. What's happening is, your trying to think of "what comes next." Notice I said "think," thinking is not allowed. Once the phases and the S2 information flows smoothly and you automatically jump to the next descriptor group things will get better. It's all a part of the learning curve, just keep at it. :) Yuo might try a small 'cheat sheet' of the S2 descriptor catagories to help you through it.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:52 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Glad to know its a normal occurance will take your advise

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post sage 1 going on 2
Friends: I have started the RV sessions and almost finished with the last target on RV1

WOW!!! I am amazed... My mouth dropped open after the first target...

I didn't do to bad...

I am taking it very slow I haven't viewed all the targets in one sitting.

I viewed a target one per day. I want to aborbe all the material I review, review,review..

With reviewing I found that I have missed somthing that I need to know.

Learning the forms and familarizing myself with them was most important.

I will finish with the last target today... Then Rv2

mel

Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:33 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Mel, what do you mean by 'forms?' Are you referring to something like kata, in martial arts?

Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:53 pm
Profile WWW
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post Forms
Friends: In my last post I used the word "Forms"

I was refering to is the "Templates"

mel

Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:37 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post targets
I just finished the last target on RV1... MMMMM well I think I am being hard on myself
I felt that it was a man made structure...Like a tube down the middle of a round structire
I think I did better on the first targets

it was Mt. St. Henlens blowing its top

My AI's and EI's were very good with, Wow! fear, and Boom Bang ect.

my other discriptor words were, Gas, chemical, Hot Red yellow gray ect.

so I didn't do to bad on thoughs.

Now to practice practice practice.

mel

Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:42 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

mel I had 2 tube like shafts running up through the structure also I think that has to do with how the lava flows below ground so I think you did very good

Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

I had 2 tube-like shafts running up through the structure. Also, I think that has to do with how the lava flows below ground. So, I think you did very good.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:28 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Additionally (i.e., besides the display of 4th grade English in my cyberclassroom), there is no structure present in the referenced session -- only an unresolved object.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post Re:
Snow wrote:
it's normal for your target accuracy to fall off once you've started using blank paper

Although I am quite ready to use blank paper exclusively during my sessions - after already memorizing the steps and the descriptor words - I still like using the templates. But it feels more structured (if that is the suitable word) when I use the templates.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:21 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Re: Re:
RVDude wrote:
Although I am quite ready to use blank paper exclusively during my sessions - after already memorizing the steps and the descriptor words - I still like using the templates. But it feels more structured (if that is the suitable word) when I use the templates.

It might be the suitable word. But it's a bad habit. Dump it.

And welcome to the Forums.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:26 am