It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 am

Descriptor words 
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post Descriptor words
Hello. I'm new to this and I need help on stage 2. I'm confused on the part where you have to put your pen over each category such as textures, colors, etc. and then you have to write down what descriptor words come into mind. For the descriptor words, do I need to know what the words mean to write it down or do I just need to know the words? Like for example, for textures, one of the descriptor word is bristly. Do i need to know what that means to write it down when it comes to my mind, or do I just need to know the word?

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:30 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Descriptor words
At this stage, just write the words that your gut feeling (or whatever) dictates -- and make sure that you do not engage in thinking whilst so doing.

Later on, however, it will become important to equate the word-idea with its proper memory-perception. That is part of the structure and rigor of RV.

(Even then, there will still be times when, like me, you will feel the need to write down something like 'mauve' as a color, when you don't even know what color that is -- but the Matrix does).

Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:17 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Ed Dames wrote:
(Even then, there will still be times when, like me, you will feel the need to write down something like 'mauve' as a color, when you don't even know what color that is -- but the Matrix does).

Yes, and it seems these 'out of left field' descriptors tend to be highly reliable/accurate.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:05 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Happens to me every now and then too

Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:12 am
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

in my rv session, do i have to memorize the descriptor words or can i use the list while doing my rv session?

Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:55 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

That S2 descriptor list is simply tantamount to a set of bicycle training wheels. It's made available to you to jumpstart the RV process, but will hold you back if you continue to cling to it. (Please note that it is forbidden to use this list in Stage 4, where all entries must be purely spontaneous). Wean yourself away from the list as soon as you become comfortable without it -- with one exception: the dimension/density/motion word-ideas do need to be thoroughly committed to memory. These are critical in RV.

By the way, either your shift key is not working, or you are too lazy to use it for required English upper case entries. Fix this problem before you post here again.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:21 am
Profile WWW