It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:43 pm

How do I control the AOLs ? 
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post How do I control the AOLs ?
Just finished DVD 1 and I seemed to do fairly well with the early sessions, however, the longer the session, the further off target I went. My AOLs are driving me batty, they just wont go away!

I was seeing ice covered mtns while listening to Ed do the prep work for the first session and, there are several gas stations and shade tree garages near here that look remarkably like.... well, you know.

Those AOLs were not a problem as, for some reason, they didnt persist. Wrote em down and immediately forgot em.

The problem is that my AOLs usually come like flocks of ravens to a battlefield, and are about as hard to get rid of.

They dont persist from previous targets but seem to spring from my imagination beginning in S2. Once I get one in my head it just wont go away. It colors my responses even though Im fighting it, trying to ignore it without holding it. Im moving through the session as fast as I can, trying to outrun AOLs and likely missing details, but I dont know what else to do.

It seems so far that the ones that come and stay are invariably wrong.

Writing it down and dropping the pen doesnt seem to do anything at all to shake one of these loose.

Are there any other quick techniques that work but still keep you moving in the process??

Thank You

PS. Just realized this is a bit like the Red Queen in Alice in Wonderland, to get anywhere at all you have to run faster.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:28 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Sketch the AOLs, in all their flaming glory, on a separate sheet of paper, (This technique is demonstrated).

Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:27 am
Profile WWW
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Ditto on the problem. I am brand new, just completed disk one. How much time would be ok to spend "sketching out" the AOL's? I can see myself becoming a flaming impressionist like Picasso!

Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:08 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

No more than a minute. Whether visual or simply ideational, there just isn't that much to an AOL 'package.' Just sketch what presented -- don't entertain or embellish it -- then jump quickly back into the session.

Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:08 am
Profile WWW
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Thankyou for your assistance. (Your are also helping me on another thread "how can i focus, my mind keeps wandering" if I am sounding familiar) >>> My AOL "packages" are strong. I was overcome with clausterphobia in exercise 2 that could also have been pride had I not confused the blue sky with water, I was overcome with swirling gray and a large hole in exrecise 4, acrid taste kept "bursting" to my mind so I wrote it down. I was overcome with fog in exercise one.( Water is strong with me; is it because I am a commercial diver? ) These impressions are hard to get beyond and I find myself analysing them when I should not be. >>> My questions are begining to develop around focus, and thinking aren't they? My understanding so far is that I should not try to get the picture, but get the words, don't get an analysis but use techniques to dispel analysis. My practices are to write down words that burst into my conscieness, analyse what I am feeling, and become involved in linking the words I have wrote together into a picture. My results are the wrong target with a lot of correct information on the template. I guess I need a stronger way to dispel the AOL's, or at least find out wheter they are AOLs or impressions I am not interpreting correctly. What do you think?

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:58 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Your post says:
"...I was overcome with claustrophobia"
"...I was overcome with swirling gray"
"...I was overcome with fog"

Stop this, "overcome," stuff at once! You're moving through your sessions much too slowly, and you're not practicing properly.

Please, keep your sessions simple ("cut-and-dried"), and follow the LearnRV DVD instructions, precisely.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:58 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Thank you Dave. Quite frankly, I am wondering if I am going to fast. I repeat, I am dominated with some phenomenon to interpret rather than words from a list. Evidently you are not. Does someone know what I am trying to describe.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:05 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Does someone know what I am trying to describe.

Pardon me for butting in. A big part of remote viewing seems to be learning to describe what you sense. If no one knows what you're trying to describe, it only means you have to keep working on learning to describe it. Until I got involved with remote viewing I never gave any thought to how to describe things I couldn't name, unless someone was actually pointing a gun in my face. For some reason that heightened my powers of observation and description temporarily. Remote viewing seems to be developing my abilities in that area permanently.

Lessons from the Petting Zoo:
Lesson 27. Puppies that spend all day yapping never really learn to hunt.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:04 am
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post managing AOL's
I too am having some difficulty managing aol's As I am going through S1 and S2 I declare the AOL's, drop the pen but some are very persistent and in are influencing my S3 and S4 data so much so that I have almost complety blown the session. In the Hajj target I got S4 data in the "I" colum such as "joyous" "celebration" "Religious" but in the sketch of aspect X I drew something that looked like a bell attachced to a rope and for aspect A I drew a large wide circular area in the center with mountians one side and a body of water on the other. nothing like the photo. any sugestions?? thanks to all.
gnostic seeker

Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:57 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

I now reside in Ukraine, where the Russian language predominates. As you know, language, like RV, is a skill. During my first few months there, hardly anyone could understand my nascent Russian (which I am learning from a CD set) -- extremely frustrating. But now, although I have much more to learn, the indigenes understand me, and I am having fun. It simply took work and practice for that to happen.

I am fluent in Chinese Mandarin...years and years of work -- get the picture?

Rome was not built in a day.

Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:44 am
Profile WWW