It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:20 am

Picking/choosing colors and textures.. 
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Picking/choosing colors and textures..
I probably should have asked about this sooner, but better late than never. 2 things.. the first is that after my ideogram..I move the pen close to begin my S2 data, I usually start getting colors first before textures. I have been forcing myself to list textures first (per the DVDs). could it be that colors naturaly come first to me and I should just go with that, or stick to recommended structure?
2nd.... when I start listing text/color/smell/taste/temp it's like there is a "cloud" of words in my mind and instead of picking and choosing which are the best.. .i think i have been just listing everything in that cloud. Seems like I should be checking which ones are actually the ones I want. Am I making any sense? Any help appreciated. I need to hammer out whatever I can before my one-on-one in a few weeks.
thanks.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:54 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Picking/choosing colors and textures..
1. Actually, colors do manifest first, but we force textures up front as a substitute for ideogram decoding.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Good. I'd much rather do that than ideogram decoding. A lot easier.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:22 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Decoding is fraught with dangers. That is why it was abandoned.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

May I ask why decoding needed a substitute at all, why the reversed order was chosen to replace it, and what is the rationale in the first place of forcing an order against the primordial sense we're working so hard to unbury?

>>

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:31 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

(pertaining to the decoding process)

It's common to produce multiple or composite ideograms, which represent different aspects at the site. Trying to untangle these can be problematic and lead to error, especially if you're trying to use ideograms during analysis.

Another problem can occur when you actually touch the ideogram line (during the decoding process). It's similar to opening a novel and picking one sentence to get a synopsis of the story, which can also cause user error.

Last edited by Brett Stuart on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:51 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

You would need a firm understanding of the (unnatural) decoding process to effectively grasp my answer.

The entire RV structure is ordered, and was streamlined and rearranged over the years to become more effective -- same as any other system (except government).

Feel free to experiment, however, or create your own system.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

The mere mention of government saves me several rounds of caffeine infusions, lol

I wasn't asking to change anything, just some background information (always helps me memorize better). I understand that unfolding the entire development process of the protocol is beyond the scope of this place.

>>

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:06 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Let's get together for a few days on my next pass through your homeland, and I'll try to data dump all that I have learned and know about S1 upon your weary RV head.

And if, at that time, you could manage to to scrounge up some ethanol (in any form), it would serve to greatly enhance both my memory and explication.

Doom

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:47 am
Profile WWW
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Hello Everyone: I love the dvds and am appreciative of the help you give on these forums.

I am a painter and so the colors that come up immediately are sometimes of the very odd names that I know of from studying and integrating colors. For example, once when I prompted for a texture, the word "bluebell" jumped in, I wrote it down as an aol, and it turned out that the person in the target was wearing that certain shade of purplish-blue. And it came in while I was prompting for texture. Another time the word "salmon" came in while I was prompting for texture, and I did the same thing, marked it as an aol, and later saw that it was a building with a door that was that shade of orange that I am familiar with as "salmon". Also, at no point did I feel that it was salmon as a noun or bluebell as a noun. I knew that it was colors, but I thought my training is to discipline myself to stay within category. I feel like this is a silly question, but since all training in some fashion may involve "unlearning what you have learned", should I be trying to focus on just using the color descriptors on the list, and try not to use these complex colors that I have already integrated into my memory banks? :) Any input would be appreciated, thank you.

-Sharon

Last edited by Sharon P on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:39 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Wean yourself off of the S2 checklist as soon as you're able. (Only after memorizing 'dimensions,' however). The list is there simply to jumpstart training -- tantamount to training wheels. And never use it in S4, after DVD1! S4 entries must be spontaneous.

Tangentially speaking, my repertoire of colors is so-so, and I've sometimes found myself coming up with S2s of 'magenta' or 'mauve,' but had no knowledge of their placement on the color wheel. I had only heard or read of the words. That was good enough for my unconscious and the Matrix, though.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

I'm sorry, I don't know whether to call you Mr. Dames or Major Dames, but thank you for your prompt reply. And thank you very much for your service to our country, sir (more importantly :) )

-Sharon

Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:24 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

kfa wrote:
May I ask why decoding needed a substitute at all,

The Major has explained why decoding was eliminated in the Master Tips DVD and in many a workshop. In essence, the S2[Site] is decoding but without the errors generated by decoding an ideogram.

kfa wrote:
why the reversed order was chosen to replace it, and what is the rationale in the first place of forcing an order against the primordial sense we're working so hard to unbury?

Because the "primordial sense" works against you.

The human eye can see a candle from up to 50 miles away in the blackness of night. Forcing your unconscious to "touch" the target first instead of just "look" at it from a distance arguably moves you into theta faster and reduces AOL manifestation from the animalistic mind. All animals with sight have evolved to make quick decisions based off of visual information. As the aperture is so small that early into the session, the analytical mind furiously tries to fill in the blanks to determine whether the fight or flight response is required. Thus concentration on "sight" first spawns AOL-drive.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:48 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

I see, thank you very much. Yes, visuals often cause a short circuit especially in the early stage. Just knew I'd be missing out on good bits until I get a copy of the Master Tips.

I remember having laid out a line of reasoning why I thought touch must go first in response to someone's question quite a while ago. Was suggesting it is because the sense of touch is the oldest in evolution (hence "primordial") and the first we develop and use beginning in embryonic stage, and thus it also remains first in terms of "immediateness". I can't find the post right now, but it had received a note of approval from the Major.

>>

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:41 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

I doubt many villagers wait for the tiger to bite them before reacting. We are well past the paramecium, amoeba, worms, and coral, on the evolutionary ladder.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:37 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

Where I work we have a (now rare) real human skeleton. The forehead has a distinct and steep backward slope. This is often perceived as a distinctive male trait that defines our placement on the evolutionary ladder. Instantiated when Also Sprach Zarathustra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM6OIlreneA

Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny!

Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:23 am