It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:21 am

Difference between Idea template and Site template 
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Difference between Idea template and Site template
Hi all,

I remember reading somewhere that the ST is for an individual and the idea template is for group work, much like an integrated story board. I also understand that an idea template is employed for intangible search terms wherein ideas dominate as opposed to ST's when physicality of the site is not in question? I further understand that the term Idea template was employed in the earlier Psi tech tapes whereas ST was not.

I would like to inquire:

1) What is the difference between the 2 and how are both utilized and when?
2) Are they interchangeable?

Thank you
best regards

Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:08 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

For 'group work'?! Where, pray tell, did you read this -- and what kind of sense does that make? Do you have the LearnRV DVDs?

S.T. - when the cue deals with things physical
I.T. - when it does not

Note, however, that there are grey areas, as one might guess.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

I cannot for the life of me remember where I read that but thank you for the correction.

By the way, is this ST versus IT an important difference or is it really of no consequence what you label your final template so long as the data is on it (I imagine the different classification existing primarily for organizational purposes and hence it should have no bearing on the data)

Thank you for taking the time to answer

Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:14 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Let me see if I can shed a little more on the 'Idea Template' for you. I know Ed or one of the other Pros will correct me if I'm wrong. This might be a good example of where you could use an Idea Template, and please pardon me for using a Biblical reference, I don't mean to offend anyone:

When Jesus was asked by his followers how to pray he gave them an example which has become know as "The Lord's Prayer." Part of it goes, "...Give us this day our daily bread..." Well, you want to know what is meant by "daily bread" so you would formulate a cue using the passage text/"daily bread"/meaning. Run your session, your Idea Template (IT) would consist of some of the Tangibles but mostly Intangibles from your S4s.

The same thing can be done with the saying, "A penny saved is a penny earned" - Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanac.

In DVD #4 one of the targets was a Chinese symbol which could have just as easily gone onto an IT.

Hope that helps you out some.

--Snow

Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:37 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Re: Difference between Idea template and Site template
I think it's important to note that when the viewer is blind to the target they may not know if they have an IT or ST when they've finished the session.

An idea can have physical analogies. As an example, when I did a /who on myself in one portion of my site template I got the idea of a junction box with inflows of "information/data" going in one end and out the other . I'm not "an enclosure within which electric circuits, such as the electrical wiring for different sections of a building, are connected to other circuits, such as outside power sources..." http://www.thefreedictionary.com/junction+box. I didn't really know I had an IT until Ed showed me the cue and then my confusion was replaced an epiphany of "ah ha".

So it is an analogy for a part of what makes me "me". In my personal life and every job I've ever had I've been sort of a central point of contact for anyone who wants to "make things happen". The "go to guy" for ideas, implementations, etc. So it makes sense but I didn't know for sure that it was IT until I saw the TRM.

-Mike

http://www.thervc.org
http://www.rvgeoloc.com

Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:31 am
Profile WWW