It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:58 pm

Spontaneous Archetypes 
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Spontaneous Archetypes
In S3 we are instructed that we can add spontaneous archetypes after finishing our analytical sketch. Sometimes I feel as though those spontaneous archetypes reperesent one of my other S3 analytical sketches. Here is an example:

S3 of [ X ]:

Sketch a call cubic feature with a peaked top. Off to the side a circular archetype is spontaneously added.

S3 of [ A ]:

A circular feature is drawn with a rotating vector above it. Off to the side a right angle archetype is spontaneously procued.

Question:

When I am building the ST, if I feel that these spontaneous archetypes represent the other S3 sketch in its entirety can I draw the sketch in place of the spontaneous archetype (effectively leaving the spontaneous archetype clutter off my ST).

This would break the rule of having to reproduce the S3 sketches without modifications/rotating.

Thanks!

Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

You're damned right that it would break the rule! If unconscious (i.e., your 'higher mind'), operating within disciplined RV structure, presents additional data (in the case at hand, spontaneous archetypes), then accept it unconditionally. Your lower 'thinking mind' can easily succeed in rendering all of your hard work as junk, to any (interference) degree that 'you' permit/allow it. Bottom line: Once your pen hits the paper at session start, trash that lower mind ego of yours. You will not become better at this skill by trying to modify it to suit your tastes/thoughts -- the 'Lyn Buchanan syndrome' (not to be confused with the 'Courtney Brown syndrome') -- your RV performance will only improve by first mastering the fundamentals of RV.

Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:34 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

This is not something that I have done in session, but certainly something that my 'thinking' mind has tempted me to do.

Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:08 am
Profile WWW