It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:41 am

Error Trapping 
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post Error Trapping
I'm not completely clear on the error-trapping step.

Should I be mechanically adding *ALL* of the AIs, EIs, Ts, and Is as I create the ST, or should I be dropping 'uncertain' data at that point? (The 'Companion Guide to Remote Viewing' in the 'Resources' section of the website says data should be omitted as the ST is constructed, but I seem be remember that there is an error-trapping stage *after* the session has ended and collation/summation has begun according to DVD 3... 'uncertain' data is 'X'd out at that point.)

Are there two steps to error trapping, then? One during the the construction of the ST while the unconscious still has contact with the target and then another after the session has ended (and there's been at least a 15 minute break before summarizing the data)? Or is all the error trapping done after the session is over and the summarizing has begun (I place more weight on the words of the major than the accompanying printed teaching materials...)

I still need practice summarizing my sessions... almost without exception, to date I've gauged the ultimate success or failure of a session by the ST. In moving on to the more 'real world' type targets I've found my lack of a 'summary' a bit short sighted on my part. I'm still not sure if I should be error trapping *while* I construct the ST or only as I do the summation.

--JD

Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:12 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Re: Error Trapping
I do error trapping when I'm done with the ST. When I'm disconnected from the target, I can actually think and reason, while in the session, you're not supposed to think, and some find it hard to think while in session, we forget how to spell and all sorts of things.

Error correcting is very technical. You should pay attention to structure and form. Mark out anything that is not qualified. (Many technical ways to figure this out: study S2, s3, and s4 section of the forum). Mark out anything that points to you being unfocused or straying away from the topic. Mark out anything that points to imagination taking over the session.

All the details come from either trial and error, or taking notes from people with more experience. (whatever notes they are willing to tell for free.)

~My unconscious

Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:50 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

You should start out error trapping after the session is over and before you get your feedback.

However, your goal is to eventually have error free sessions, and I think one way to speed that up is to error trap right before your finalized ST (like in the DVDs? I need to re-watch those) to get used to doing things correctly while still in session.

~My unconscious

Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:05 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

aprilflowers wrote:
I do error trapping when I'm done with the ST. When I'm disconnected from the target, I can actually think and reason, while in the session, you're not supposed to think, and some find it hard to think while in session, we forget how to spell and all sorts of things.

Error correcting is very technical. You should pay attention to structure and form. Mark out anything that is not qualified. (Many technical ways to figure this out: study S2, s3, and s4 section of the forum). Mark out anything that points to you being unfocused or straying away from the topic. Mark out anything that points to imagination taking over the session.

All the details come from either trial and error, or taking notes from people with more experience. (whatever notes they are willing to tell for free.)

I think you need to review error trapping on the DVDs. As a learning exercise for everyone, please come back to this thread and explain where you were mistaken.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Wow, embarrassing.

Error trapping: DVD 3
(To help improve your accuracy by up to 10%)
After you are done ST, and before you begin summary, cross off all untrustworthy data in the s4 of all your aspects, as well as your ST. Use the new more trustworthy data to collate your Summary.

The site is a ____ and at the site is ____. There is also something that is ___.

Thanks RVRobot.

~My unconscious

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:41 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Ah there we go... I couldn't very well be crossing off uncertain data in my S4's and ST unless I'd *finished* the ST to begin with!

(You know I've listened to that DVD at least eight or nine times, but at some point obviously my mind just 'tunes out'.)

That brings up another question... Do you normally provide the ST to clients (complete with X'd out data and an explanation) or just provide summary and analysis?

--JohnD

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:20 pm