It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:11 pm

DVD 02/Target 02 - Allotted Time 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post DVD 02/Target 02 - Allotted Time
How should a session that ended(eleven minutes) beyond the allotted fifteen minutes time be handled? Should I start over and work faster? Do more sessions until I meet the requirement? Just be happy that I tried(and failed)?

Amazingly, I did not see any post about this and my searches resulted in nil.

Edited for clarity with apologies to bstuart. This target has a special time limit set.

Last edited by RossU on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:29 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: DVD 02/Target 02 - Allotted Time
The 45 minute break point is a convenient guide, not a hard and fast rule. If you have 8 aspect labels in your S3[Site] then you're absolutely going to want to take a break in-between all of those explorations. If you don't, exhaustion will take a toll on your results.

However, going a few minutes over on a training target is not something you should be too worried about. As you practice your speed will increase.

On the flip-side if you feel you need to take a break before the 45 minute mark, this is also an option. You can break from a session after a completed Stage 4, so long as it is not the final S4 preceding the site template.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:48 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

Bumped because of edited information in OP

Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:24 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

I just double checked the DVD's and noticed in the lecture Ed did say that it was about a 15 minute session for some reason, even though the instructions have you complete 3 aspects including a site template.

This might be because in the workshop that is being recorded, they only complete 1 aspect through S4 (approx 15 minutes) instead of going to the site template (approx 45 minutes) as you were instructed by the narrator.

I would not worry about it, as it seems to only be a slight video editing error and has no affect on your actual session work. Follow the guidelines I posted above in regards to breaks/time limits in session and you should not run in to any problems. Continue to the next target.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

I was just making sure there was not a lesson behind the:

"Go as fast as you possibly can and you probably still won't make the 15 minute mark ..ha Ha HA!

-Doom" *

That wasn't just in the lecture it was also in the target prep. Where it makes reference to a normal session being 45 minutes; This one is 15.

* Disclaimer: The character represented here is fictional. Any similarity to real persons are coincidental.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:50 pm