It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 7:58 am

Setting up the Session 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Setting up the Session
I am currently doing practice sessions, as many as possible before moving on to the next DVD.

I would like to know when doing an RV session, do we/I set it up by writing down the Page numbers, S1, S2, S3 4 and so on, as well as writing down the letters for S4 of an aspect, and Site Template at the end before you start ?
S D AI EI T I AOL AOL/S

Or do you write down all of these as your doing the session. Just want to be sure by asking this.

How many sessions should a beginner be doing in a week ? I want to try and work towards doing at least 2 a day, is this a good amount ?

Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:08 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Re: Setting up the Session
You do NOT pre-label anything before you start a session. Only label stage headings as you get to them. Some pros do not even label page numbers as they feel this will force you to pay more attention/focus to where you are in session. I always use page numbers which come in handy when you drop everything all over the floor.

As for your other question.. The main thing you want to focus on right now is learning the correct format and structure. If you feel you are still lost on those, then practice until you feel comfortable moving on. I would not do more than 1 or 2 practice sessions a day. What you want to try to do is keep your interest and the novelty going as long as you can. Stretch it out and don't let yourself get burnt out and bored with the whole training process.
The more interested and focused you are, the faster/better you will learn the skill. I wouldn't take too long between DVDs though. You might get scared/intimidated and want to quit. Moving on to the next DVD just might give you enough of a kick and sense of urgency that could force you to refocus and get back on track. It's up to you to decide if it would be best to put a little pressure on yourself.

Remember that feedback is important. When you look at your feedback photo, take the time to really absorb your hits and misses. Notice how your unconscious perceived certain aspects of the target. Let yourself get excited at the accurate data and even disappointed at the misses. This is when you are REALLY learning, and that's also good advice for life in general.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:57 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Thank you Tiger74

All this time time I have been pre-Labeling the session paper. Could this cause many problems during the session if its pre-Labeled ?

Is it OK to leave the page numbers out and just proceed with the session.

I have read on many posts on the forum, about underlining the headings S1,S2,S3 and S4 and drawing a line 2 thirds the way down after finishing S4. There are times I forget to to draw the lines, so will this matter.

Is it OK to write the headings like this, S1 or does it need to be written as a full word - STAGE 1 and so on ?

I am very keen to learn RV and I'm fascinated by it, how it works etc. For the last few days of this week, I have been doing a session every day. I done a session yesterday evening on 10/04/2013 and I did really well, but the day before and today I was completely off target with mostly every site aspect. Like you said I will want to continue and focus on getting the correct format and structure down, before moving on.

I started DVD 2 last year, but will need to view it again and will proceed with this until I feel confident.

I sometimes feel I'm not going to be good at RV, but just keep telling myself its a skill and it will take time to build up my RV muscle.

After RV for some time, will I soon begin to sense things better and will it change my life, thought pattern and other things?

How has RV changed your life ?

Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:33 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

DVD 2 last year and not moved forward yet? Unless some insurmountable issues force you into prolonged hiatus, me thinks it's high time.

Allow me to leave answering the heading and labeling and numbering and underlining and bracketing and i-dotting issues to those who genuinely enjoy this.

Jay79 wrote:
How has RV changed your life ?

As someone who could at no stage, not in early nor in later life, embrace any religious ideas proposed with sometimes more, sometimes less indignation by the respective social environments, it has changed the sense of desolation about being utterly lonely in one's own mental universe into excitement at the discovery of something much bigger and more significant about the human spirit than anything that mystics through all eras of history have invented. A few traditions came closer than others in hindsight, but this here is the breakthrough in methodology for gaining knowledge over merely demanding faith.

>>

Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:32 pm