It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:43 pm

RV mindset for beginning student 
New User
New User

Post RV mindset for beginning student
Hey guys, I need some guidance as to the mindset I need to have when I'm doing a session. My personal intuition is fairly good just by itself. However, the mindset I'm used to going into is interfering with RV'g protocol. My intuition is used to snatching ideas out of the air and focusing on them. Learning RV, these same ideas are called AOL's. So when I remove them, I'm left with nothing. No images, no thoughts. And apparently I'm over-compensating for my natural ability by removing everything, especially when it comes to aesthetics like colors and shapes. So my question is What is on YOUR mind as you go through a session. If you are on a target during a session, how do you distinguish that target from an AOL?

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:40 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: RV mindset for beginning student
fishfinder wrote:
So my question is What is on YOUR mind as you go through a session.

Absolutely nothing. Thinking is not allowed during a session. I am just copying down the perception words as they bubble up.

fishfinder wrote:
If you are on a target during a session, how do you distinguish that target from an AOL?

I think what you are getting at is comparing apples and bananas. One, you never know for sure if you are on target during a session. you should not even be concerned if you are or you are not on target until after the session is over.

AOL is Analytical OverLay. That means that you (your Egoic/Intellectual Mind) are comparing the perceptions that are coming in with the ones that have already come out to produce a "result" and/or mental picture. This is a classic hallmark characteristic of AOL.

**Use the search function on the site to research further on the subject.

An overarching answer to your problem, as you are stating it, is that you are going to have to scrap your old methods of how you perceived the information before in order to learn Remote Viewing in the LRV format.

You must tear down the old structure/building to install the new foundation(LRV) in order to build a new, solid structure on top of that foundation. At that point, if you are as intuitive as you say you are, the sky is your limit.

Welcome to the community Fish...

Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:37 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Welcome to the Forum Fish!

BTW, good advice DM!

Fish, your mindset should be "JUST SCREW IT..."

You should only be focused on structure at the beginning stages of learning. The protocols are designed to keep you 'on target', as long as you focus on each step/stage of the process. THINKING is not allowed while in session, if you are thinking about anything other than the protocols, you are hindering your own success and accuracy. When running a session on a blind target, you don't have any idea what the 'target' is, NEVER ASSUME, intuition or otherwise! Focus on structure and everything else will fall into place.

Practice and post your sessions!!!

Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:59 pm
Extreme User
Extreme User

Welcome Fishfinder,

What they said.

And my 2 cents. If you see it and can identify it as a thing That right there is an AOL. Follow the protocol to slap the label on it and forget it

Also, if you can't forget it no matter you follow the protocol then it is an AOL/S. But don't worry about those until you know what an AOL is and how to deal with them during your session.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:13 pm
Profile WWW