It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:21 am

End of DVD 4 questions 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post End of DVD 4 questions
Hi there,
I just finished the learnRV DVD set and had a few questions on things that are fuzzy to me.
AOL/S : I have been through the DVD set twice and searched the forums for more data on this one – yet somehow concrete info on this one keeps evading me. These are to be included in our S4’s and Site Templates if we have them and are like AOLs except more like symbols? I.e. “Rabbits running across the highway” or “meditating in the desert”

S6: This is a sketch that is more or less an analytical mode sketch? After the analysis?

Flow into S6: Correct me if I am wrong on the expected session flow into S6…

Last S4 -> Site Template -> (optional) E[1]…[2]…[3].. etc -> S6 -> Analysis/Postulates

OR For Target geometries

Last S4 -> Site Template -> (optional) E[1]…[2]…[3].. etc -> S1 (SSBV) -> S2 ->(skip S4)->S6-> Analysis/Postulates

Thanks in advance!
~Nathan

Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:27 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: End of DVD 4 questions
Nathan,

When it comes to AOL/s, it is entirely different than an AOL, this should be apparent by the fact that AOL/s has its own separate column from AOL in S4, and does not represent a 'symbol'. AOL/s is considered an analogy in relation to describing the target or whatever aspect you are probing. The example the Major gives is if a viewer is working a session where the target is a nuclear warhead, and the viewer has never seen one or is completely unfamiliar with one, then the viewer lacks the proper language to accurately describe the weapon and will use comparative language to describe it. Example- nuclear warhead>'like a cuisinart'.

S6 is not a sketch but a drawing, and the drawing is only one form of S6 (A S6 can be done without pen and paper) that can be performed while in session, and not conducted after analysis. To say any more is beyond the scope of this forum as it is usually reserved for advanced training in a 1 on 1 setting to get the full benefit and understanding of this advanced tool.

Target geometries are advanced higher level prompts that can be substituted for the more basic prompts while conducting a standard session, and along with S6, can be employed in various ways beyond the ST.

I think you are getting to far ahead of yourself with these questions at your current skill level. Remember, there are no shortcuts to learning this skill. Establish a solid foundation of the basic fundamentals of your standard session first! Crawl, walk, run!!!

Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:39 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Hey thanks Jayvee,
So at my skill level should I should NOT be trying to use S6? I assume if this is correct I should avoid s4.5 and maybe AOL/S? Not really sure what I should be doing my training on after the end of the disc. I did buy the Financial markets DVD mostly because I really want to learn HARV at some point.
I understand I need to take it slow but at this point I am willing to put in two sessions a day to up my skills. I'm fairly certain my budget will not allow for 1 on 1 training this month but maybe in February or January.
Until then what do you recommend?
Best,
Nathan

Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:36 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

In the interim: RV confidence-building work

Major Doom

Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:11 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

Thanks Ed,
I assume you mean targets with good feedback and sticking to structure as best as possible? I have a bunch of pet- descriptors right now so I am trying to move faster and AOL before my thinking kicks in. For some reason my results really seam to be dependent on how distracted I get or if I get interrupted by thoughts/people/loud, etc.
Thanks for all the help!
Ciao,
~Nathan

Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:43 pm