It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:40 pm

Questions 
Extreme User
Extreme User

Post Questions
1. In Stage 4 what is the difference between the AOL and AOL/S columns?

2. I recorded the words on the Descriptor Word List to my mp3 player and fall asleep at night with headphones on listening to these words. I seem to remember more of the words. I am thinking the subconscious can learn even while you are sleeping. What do you think of this method?

3. I have been running a lot of practice targets. Many times the S2’s will be about 50 percent related to the target while the other 50 percent has nothing to do with the target. Is this normal or will this get more accurate in time?

4. What is the best way to sketch dimension words like UP, BELOW, DOWN, NARROW if they are not a motion?

Thank you for any help,
Steven

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:50 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Questions
1. An AOL is garbage. It must be declared and discarded. Typically, these come in the form of extremely clear, visual images, or as nouns that have no relation to previous descriptors. The more sessions you run the more you'll be able to tell what is AOL and what is data. Ultimately, its up to the viewer's discernment here.

AOL/s stands for AOL / signal(line), which is considered data. Search the forums for more information on an AOL/s but an example would be, "It reminds me of a sports car," where 'sports car' is the AOL/s. The actual target isn't a sports car, but it may be something shiny that moves really quickly across the ground.

2. Flashcards worked for me. Nothing wrong with experimenting though.

3. S2 data should never be used during analysis after a session. It is scaffolding for the important stuff in stage 3 and stage 4. Simply disregard all of the descriptors and follow the protocol outlined in the DvD's.

4. All of these dimension words are quite subjective to the target. There are no 'best ways' to draw dimensions. You need sketch these out kinesthetically. The 'brain' in your fingers knows where to put them, and how they should be oriented. So scan the page, hovering directly over the paper to find the location. If you're trying to figure out the best way to draw something in stage 3, you are thinking, and in grave error.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Extreme User
Extreme User

Thank you for the advice bstuart. After thinking about it during my last session I did stop and wonder how to draw the dimension word "narrow". After that it seemed like the S4 was very difficult and I totally failed on the target. The thinking must of killed the session.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:23 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

There are times when statement 3 is patently false, but in general it is a good rule of thumb as you should be developing S4 skills.

The other problem you are experiencing, I like to call the "MultiLnV Effect" where the unconscious is so bored of running photo targets it will sabotage your accuracy as a hint to move on to real world stuff (cue based targets).

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:24 pm
Profile WWW