It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:21 am

your eyes 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post your eyes
I need some help with my eyes, where should I keep my gaze while I am filling in the site templates. if I gaze at my idiogram my mind can stay blank, outside of that it seems like the AOL images start flooding in

Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:08 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: your eyes
It's a bit tricky to give one-size-fits-all kind of advice on this type of thing. But once you've arrived at the ST, it's pretty much set except for the aspects' relative position and scale. Try a kinaesthetic approach like in the S3 freehand sketch to 'feel out' where they belong, if you don't instantly 'know it'. For myself I find it helpful that, being heavily far-sighted, I can let my eyes slip into a relaxed state where all vision is blurred regardless of corrective lenses I wear. Had also tried similar things like you, but found turning the centerline of sight away from the pentip deliberately even more distracting. Someone else may experience this differently though. Find a mode which is the least annoying by claiming its own slice of your attention, so that you can focus entirely on the immediate task.

>>

Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:28 am
Experienced User
Experienced User

Hi kfa,

Does it help to open the third eye before initiating the RV session?

Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:53 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

I don't know what that third eye is, but if it helps to understand plain text... Sorry, couldn't resist. There is nothing esoteric here, just plain attention management. This is why it's so powerful.

>>

Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:49 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Okay, it may be helping me read! :wink: LoL. Staying focused seems to be my #1 battle sometimes.

Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:25 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

I will need to review the DVD's.

Thanks! 8)

Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:56 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

First of all, you should be ignoring the ideogram entirely after producing them in S1. Secondly, the ideograms are not used at all when creating a ST. When you have come to the end of a session and are creating your ST, you should have all your S3 analytical sketches laid out in front of you to determine how you will put them together in your ST. Also, pay no attention to any AOLs while producing your ST. When you have reached the point of creating a ST your session is basically over for all intents and purposes, and putting your ST together is not influenced by AOLs. And 'yes' continue to review the DVDs!

Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:48 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Hi Jayvee,

Thanks for the info.. I have been totally ignore the ideograms from the very start, and I also think I am on track in what your referring to in regards to creating the ST.

Wow, I reviewed the 1st DVD last week and couldn't believe the few little things I had forgotten.

I will go over the 1st DVD one more time and then start working on a few projects before moving through the rest of the DVD's.

I may be struggling with keeping the analytical mind out of the sessions more than anything else, or at least determining when my mind is truly giving me aols versus actual data????

Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:49 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

LivN4Fre wrote:
I may be struggling with keeping the analytical mind out of the sessions more than anything else, or at least determining when my mind is truly giving me aols versus actual data????

This is the biggest challenge for viewers in general. But remember, the RV structure is designed to be self correcting and will bring a viewer back on target when they begin to drift, as long as you stay focused on structure. That is why consistent practice is a must.

To this day I still struggle with this problem, mostly due to my chosen profession which requires my thinking mind to be in overdrive. I have to constantly think about what my next possible course of action may be, running various scenarios through my mind and how I would respond to them, constantly being 5 min. ahead of the rest of the world. It is difficult to turn 'it' off, as it has become a way of life for me, but when I do and maintain structure, and stay focused on the task at hand, the results are amazing! But, first and foremost when it came to RV was my desire to want to succeed and progress with this amazing skill that brought me to the level that I'm at. Not to mention having the greatest teacher/mentor in the world and the incredible resource he has provided here for all of us to learn and excel.

Hats off to the Major!!!

Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:52 am
Experienced User
Experienced User

Yes, the Major has brought this really awesome system into light for everyone to see. Its inspiring!

I can relate to what you have described, as far as, being in the now/present. Its a struggle at times.
I would like to start on another project tomorrow and I was wondering if you have would have anything in particular for me to try to view in a session?

Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:43 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

LivN4Fre wrote:
I would like to start on another project tomorrow and I was wondering if you have would have anything in particular for me to try to view in a session?

I would say to simply use photo targets. create a blindpool, refer to the blindpools in this forum. Photo targets provide the viewer with immediate feedback. You should not so much be worried about accuracy and detail as you should be with strict adherence to structure.

Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:15 am