It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:13 am

Disk 02 / Target 11 / End of disc practice series (5 of 5) 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Disk 02 / Target 11 / End of disc practice series (5 of 5)
Hi all,
Here is
Disk 02 / Target 11 / End of disc practice series (5 of 5)

This blind target session is from the recommended post "RVRobot Bootcamp" - 1354 / 6795
http://rvcommunity.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2582
Here is my session based on the above TRN...

Last edited by nathantj on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:45 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Re: Disk 02 / Target 11 / End of disc practice series (5 of
s2[site]
Fishy is too high level and can lead to AOL when used in s2. Just stick with pungent or odoriferous. Same goes for lemony as a taste. Stick with tart or sour. Save those higher level descriptors for s4 and above.

s1[x]
SSBP not S.S.B.P. The periods are not needed.

s2[x]
Soiled, soil, dirt, pavement, etc., are not allowed in s2. Stay general in s2 and try not to use words that have names/nouns in them like you did here. Go over the approved textures list again. In s2, your raw sensory impressions are pulling you into the target site. Writing things like soil or dirt can be premature assumptions and should be declared as AOL. If you actually touch soil with your finger, the first impression that comes to you is soft/hard/mushy, etc., not 'soil'. That comes a split second after your analytical brain processes the sensory impression and attempts to match it to something from your life experience in order to find a label. But we fight to keep that analytical process from going past the raw sensory impressions, by declaring AOL if needed.

s4[x]
Nature is too broad and general to be a useful, appropriate tangible. It should really be in the intangible column. Vegetation, however, is acceptable/useful as a tangible.

s2[a]
You have a dimension in the textures category.

Good job on the S.T.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:56 am
Advanced User
Advanced User

Hey thanks!
I realize I have strayed from the descriptor list to far here. It seems that if I don't continually practice studying the descriptor word list (which I have a tough time memorizing) then I get very narrow in my memory of which words are acceptable. Almost like the same words just keep popping up - however this could be related to the target right? I will study the list more often and see if that helps.
~Nathan

Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:50 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Those are called 'pet descriptors', when you always list the same ones. That seems to be an ongoing problem that you will have to be aware of. The pet words will change throughout your RV career. Target feedback will tell your unconscious whether or not your S2s were correct. If you know you are listing pet words, just AOL them. Usually what happens is the pets come first, then the real data. It will work out over time, with practice.

Just go around the house or outside and touch a bunch of different things, making note of the different textures. Build up your texture repertoire.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:16 am