It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 9:54 am

Disk 03 / Target 05 (substitute) 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Disk 03 / Target 05 (substitute)
Hi all,
Here is
Disk 03 / Target 05 (substitute)
I had gone through DVD 3 last year without posting on the forum (I started over in Nov 2013) and I remembered the target (Chinese symbol) as soon as I saw it - so I had to find a substitute for this lesson - so I picked one of RVRobots.

This blind target session is from the recommended post "RVRobot Bootcamp" – 8435/6596
http://rvcommunity.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2582
Here is my session based on the above TRN...

Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:06 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Re: Disk 03 / Target 05 (substitute)
My feedback on this one was interesting. The archetypal representation of the top right S3[B] sketch on the site template seemed to be close to the target. Somehow I confused water for human or person?

I have two questions.
1. I remember that we are supposed to be taking a break after the site template before starting the summary. I don't have in my notes how long of a break we can take. In this instance I took a full day. Is this to long?

2. In S2 and S4 I am getting descriptors sometimes faster than I can move my pen to the next position. Should I be writing them out as fast as I get them if they don't seem to fit AOL? Or should I be AOLing any that come before my pen has neared it's stop, rest and wait position over the paper?

Thanks in advance!
~Nathan

Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:14 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

nathantj wrote:
1. I remember that we are supposed to be taking a break after the site template before starting the summary. I don't have in my notes how long of a break we can take. In this instance I took a full day. Is this to long?

For the data summary it doesn't matter too much. But you must wait at least a good 15 minutes before you analyze your work. Walk around and give your brain time to switch back to left-brain, analytical mode. I usually do my summary and analysis after an hour or so. Sometimes the next day.

nathantj wrote:
2. In S2 and S4 I am getting descriptors sometimes faster than I can move my pen to the next position. Should I be writing them out as fast as I get them if they don't seem to fit AOL? Or should I be AOLing any that come before my pen has neared it's stop, rest and wait position over the paper?

This can be a difficult issue.
When this starts to happen, make sure you stay relaxed. Try to hold on to that next percept until you have the chance to write it, unless of course it's obvious AOL in which you declare it. When that next percept pops in while you are in the process of writing one, relax and focus on that next percept and hold it in your head until you finish the word you are writing. Then write the new one and proceed. If you get 2 or 3 percepts floating around up there in your 'mind buffer' just stop and declare AOL. Some viewers have been able to adapt to this issue by writing like a speed-demon to stay ahead of AOL, but eventually you may get exhausted with this. Just always stay relaxed and focused on each step that you are on. I had this issue early on and I just wrote very fast. But it eventually caught up with me and caused serious problems. I recommend you work your best to establish a comfortable pace and cadence right now, early in your career. Experiment a little when you're practicing and always compare your work with the feedback photo. In the end, that may be the only/best way to see if you're doing it right.

Hopefully I've explained this well. Check back with me in the future if it starts to become a big issue.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:53 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Hey thanks, this helps.
I going to try and find the right cadence. Sometimes I get in a big rush and have the desire to quickly access the data. I suppose I need to let go a bit here and follow the structure.
~Nathan

Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:18 pm