It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:51 pm

Restarting DVD course? Need new/alternate DVD targets? 
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Restarting DVD course? Need new/alternate DVD targets?
I started the LearnRV DVD course a few years back and only made it half way through before quitting, realizing I simply had too much going on in my life at the time to concentrate on remote viewing. I restarted the DVDs two years ago. Unfortunately I could still remember some of the targets I had done years before. I chose to substitute targets from the exchange homemade practice targets section of the forum in place of the blind targets that I had already worked before. I made it through OK but I've often wondered how much more efficient my DVD training experience would've been if I had gone straight through the DVDs from start to finish, working the targets specifically chosen by Ed for the reasons that he did for each section on the DVDs.

To help out those like me who have found themselves in a similar predicament, I have done my best to select targets that I feel best capture the spirit, intent and reasoning that the Major had behind his selections. While I have taken into account the general nature of each DVD target and its specific attributes which contribute to conducive training, do not expect any of the targets to be similar to the ones on the DVDs. They are different but should still present the viewer with the same training value, however the viewer will not be able to compare their session results with the DVD class during the feedback section due to the different targets.

These targets have been reviewed/approved by other pros.

Directions:

1. Start DVD1 and listen to the lectures. When it comes time to hit a target, simply substitute the first target on my list for DVD target #1.

2. Pause your DVD player and perform the session. Do not have the TV/computer monitor in your field of vision during session..ever.

3. Immediately after you end the session (and the summary if you chose to write one), click on my included link to the target feedback to see how you did. Then resume the DVD and listen to the feedback lecture for that specific target. Have your session and target feedback in front of you while listening. The feedback will still apply, for the most part. Listen carefully to feedback. Take mental notes of your hits and misses, successes and failures. Remember, negative feedback is just as important as the positive feedback. Don't worry, beat yourself up and/or get frustrated. The process will error-correct itself over time, as long as you are following the proper structure which is clearly taught well on the DVDs.

4. Scan and post your session in this same section of the forum, to get specific and valuable feedback from the pros. Include a link to the target feedback if you can. This helps the pros to more easily review your work. Posting your work and getting feedback after each target is imperative for optimal training and success in remote viewing, and many beginners skip this crucial step and severely hinder themselves from learning proper structure.

5. After receiving your feedback (hopefully within a day or two, depending on the pros' availability), resume the DVD and go on to the next lecture/target preface. Do not run another session until you receive your feedback from a pro, unless you get tired of waiting after a few days.

6. Substitute my second target for DVD target #2, and so on. Feel free to run additional practice targets between each DVD target slot, if you wish. But scan and post those, as well.

7. When you reach the point on the DVDs where you quit before, simply resume the actual DVD targets on the DVDs and enjoy comparing your results with the DVD class.

DVD Substitute Target List
Warning - I'm not sure how some of these feedback pages will load up on your particular computer but be careful not to look down past your feedback at/near the bottom of the page, in case there are other thumbnail images down there. I can't figure out how to keep that from happening. Additional training targets will likely be added later. If the Major is unhappy/uncertain about any of these targets, he will likely let me know at which point I will change them.

DVD 1 - Substitute Targets
For session 1:

[5260/7948]
Feedback
Source

For session 2:

[6708/3220]
Feedback
Source

For session 3:

[0254/5849]
Feedback
Source

For session 4:

[9508/1582]
Feedback
Source

DVD 2 - Substitute Targets
For session 5:

[5757/2092]
Feedback
Source
Source 2

For session 6:

[9084/3632]
Feedback
Source

For session 7:

[1778/4627]
Feedback
Source

DVD 3 - Substitute Targets
For session 8:

[4612/8802]
Feedback
Source

For session 9: (introduction to front-loading)

Click here for the TRNs/cue which will be your introduction to front-loading.
Click here to see the target reference material (TRM) which is inside the folder.
Click here after you have completed the session for additional source information.

For session 10: (event reconstruction)

[7076/5651]
Feedback

For session 11:

[3496/7140]
Feedback

For session 12: (front-loaded topical search)

Click here for TRNs and cue.
Feedback/Source

For session 13: (front-loaded enigma)

Click here for TRNs and cue.
Source

DVD 4 - Substitute Targets
For session 14: (enigma)

[6869/8673]
Feedback/Source (Look about 1/4 of the way down the page)

For session 15: (enigma)

[4774/6366]
Feedback/Source

Last edited by Tiger74 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:50 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Re: Restarting DVD course? Need new/alternate DVD targets?
Tiger74,

This is great! Exactly what people will need if they're starting over again.

I've done a target from RVRobot's list for the past 2 days but haven't posted because I was waiting to see what you were going to advise that I do. I will do one again tomorrow then post it. Too tired tonight to scan and post my other two, but will if you think I should. I only saw a couple of word descriptors out of order, but pretty much stayed in structure. I promise, I will do one in the morning and then post. You're right, I don't want to get rusty again (I've worked too hard to get back up to speed).

I know this has been a huge undertaking! I personally want to thank you and I know future RVers will be grateful also.

In appreciation,
JessieT

Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:52 am
Advanced User
Advanced User

Tiger74 wrote:
Take mental notes of your hits and misses, successes and failures. Remember, negative feedback is just as important as the positive feedback. Don't worry, beat yourself up and/or get frustrated. The process will error-correct itself over time,...

I was going to write something here about how important it is to go over your work and find the similarities and commonalities with the site. I then remembered this post:

http://www.rvcommunity.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1712&p=10064&hilit=artistic+three+dimensiona#p10064

Better to let David Rosetta do the talking:
Quote:
It is a [sometimes common] misconception to think that the Remote Viewer is going to produce a picture-perfect (artistic three-dimensional etc.) sketch of the target in one session. Those pretty sketches you see from time to time are sometimes the result of piecing together hours/days/weeks of higher-level sessions (target geometries, S6 sketches, etc.) -- not from just a half-hour or one-hour session (i.e. you should not be thinking, "How come I didn't draw a picture-perfect jar with peppers, carrots, cauliflower, etc., etc.).

Here's the deal: unconscious already knows the answer AND already knows how much time you are going to spend remote viewing the target. ... your answer will be provided by the time you end your session. When we do an RV session, do we want a pretty artistic picture with lots of useless details? Or, do we want the answer to our question.

Pertaining to the session you just completed, ask yourself these questions:
a.) What was the target?
b.) What was the question being asked of me, as a Remote Viewer?
c.) When I began my session, where was my unconscious' attention being directed?
d.) Looking back on my S3 Freehand Sketch, is the answer in there, somewhere?

When TRNs are written on a photo, and those TRNs are used as a cue, the target is the SITE, at the time the photo was taken. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. (you can read more about using photos as target reference material by reading - post, located at: http://www.rvcommunity.net/viewtopic.php?p=7484.

In this example ([1982/6694]), what is the target? The target is the site. Was your task to describe the color/size/location of the pickled pepper in relation to the pickled carrot, and what part of the jar they were in? No.

Your task was to describe the site. What's at the site? Well, we have something manmade; we have structures, we have a place, we have a photographer present. Take a look at your S3 Freehand Sketch. Are these aspects present in your Freehand Sketch? Yes!

Job well done!

Now, as a remote viewer having completed a practice session, what you should be doing is to look at your work, and compare it with the feedback. Since you now know what the target is, you must interrogate your mind, and review your own work: what aspects in your S3 Freehand Sketch did you label as x, a, b, c, etc.? And, WHY? Do you feel that you did this correctly? When TRNs are slapped on a photo, your unconscious will decide what, "x," is. If the photo is of a bookshelf with a gun setting on top, the remote viewer who is a gunsmith may label the gun as, "[x]," while the viewer who is a book-hound may label the books as, "[x]." (A woodworker may label the ornate bookshelf as, "[x]!") So, again, it is the job of the viewer (you) to determine if you did this right. If you did it right, congratulate yourself. If you did it wrong, scold yourself, and tell yourself that you'll do it right the next time.

You get out of it what you put into it.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:26 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Well said, from Mr. Rosetta.
Targets are posted now, in the post above. Enjoy.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:42 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Tiger74,

I can't thank you enough for putting together all these targets. I've been out of town for the past 2 days but will start on these tomorrow.

Folks (out in cyberspace), we all owe Tiger74 a huge "THANK YOU"! This took considerable time and effort to make sure we have targets that will coincide with what is being taught on the DVDs. I, for one, am extremely grateful.

JessieT :)

Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:26 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Thank you very much for this.
I did exactly the same thing got about half way through and stopped when I went back to try again I found that it didn't make sense due to the fact I had already done the first two targets it really threw me.
I went back to my old chalkboard in my mind method which was my simple way of looking at things,,,and worked.
But I do realize this method in the end will give better overall info.

I will try again using your help.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Bumping these up to group all of the practice targets (lists anyway) together in one spot for easier access.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:38 am