It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:02 am

Interesting practice Session 
Extreme User
Extreme User

Post Interesting practice Session
Any comments, suggestions or feedback would be Appreciated. Thanks.

The purpose of this post is to make sure I am on track or wasting my time with this type of practice session. I am posting this one because I found some interesting results. I had to ask myself, did I hit or miss. Then I had to do some research to find out. See the session below and the following results I found.

My intended purpose of this session was an attempt to duplicate a session similar to Disk 1 Target 3 thru stage 4 of [X]. I wanted to stop there because my target pool for this session contained only archetypes. That is, I tried to limit this pool to only mountain, water, land, manmade or life form.

The TRN’s were placed on a 3x5 card along with the supposed target description. NO other TRM was added to/in the envelope. I had no photo at the time of the session. The card, for example, would read “4514 5285 New York City.” Then the card was placed in an envelope with the TRN written on the outside. Please see the card for this session after the session pages.

My specific questions are: Am I wasting my time with this type of session? Are the results of this session a hint to get the lead out and move on? Is it typical to find far more information in your session than you originally thought you were looking for?

My follow up to this session is noted below the session results. Thanks again.

After the session was over and I opened the target envelope, I thought I blew it. So, I went to Yahoo photos to see if I could find a photo similar to my session work. I did. See the photo below. Then I thought, perhaps whoever posted the photo was not actually at/in death Valley. So, I went to National Geographic photos to see if I could verify the Yahoo results. I did. See the photo below.

The results of this session lead to my silly question in the general section viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10512
Should I feel vindicated for bombing the Disk 1 Target 3 session? Probably no, just get on with it. So, what happened, what did I do here? Thanks for any input.

Thu May 29, 2014 7:53 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Interesting practice Session
Few things first:

Morgan Farrell wrote:
Howdy Blu,

Here are a few tips to start:

Make sure you declare ALL AOL and AI in the following manner: AOL - whatever (vocalized or subvocalized, this would be "AOL break, whatever"). Then set down your pen and allow the idea / picture to dissipate (AOL), or the feeling / response (AI).

On your S3 freehand sketches, make sure you place their labels [X], [A], etc. on the actual lines, not in the empty space beside them. Also be sure that you are executing the freehand sketch as instructed, and not like an analytical sketch (as it appears you have done here). Also ensure you label and explore all archetypes that appear in the freehand sketch (as [C], etc.).

Also remember to keep your pen on the page at all times, probing for data.

Anyhow, looks like you are off to a good start. Keep at it and keep posting sessions, and we'll have you up and operational in no time.

All of these things apply to this particular session you have posted. You should be concentrating on incorporating the suggested changes into the next session or two. It will be the optimum way of how to get better, quicker.

LtBluPwr wrote:
The purpose of this post is to make sure I am on track or wasting my time with this type of practice session

The short answer to this overarching question about wasting your time in these sessions is: No.

Practice is the only way you'll get better, and practice that incorporates the suggested changes to your structure is the most efficient way to practice.

Chartless wrote:
My advice would be to finish DVD1 if you haven't already, and do every session all the way through to the site template. Stopping at the end of the freehand sketch will not help your training.

Your concerns about whether the horizontal line on the first S3 is land or a bridge or whatever are needless. There is no reason you should know what that line represents when it pops up in the first S3. By the time you are halfway through DVD2 you will be getting "Tangibles" in your stage 4 work and that is where that information will pop up.

Follow the instructions on the DVDs. You'll find that while you are concentrating on the newest lesson, problems you thought you were having on the earlier lessons are taking care of themselves. It really is a good system. Trust it.

LtBluPwr wrote:
My specific questions are: Am I wasting my time with this type of session?

see the quoted paragraph by Chartless above.

LtBluPwr wrote:
Are the results of this session a hint to get the lead out and move on?

The results of this session are inconcomplete and inconclusive. Lord knows why you got what you got. I may suggest that it is possible that you experienced your first example of a photographic feedback loop. It also could be your unconscious doing something to get you to take notice more. It also could be Mickey Mouse playing a trick on you. One never can really tell this early in the game.

My suggestion would be to take Chartless' advice about doing the DVD course. If you have to insert supplemental targets then do so. I believe Tiger74 has a target pool somewhere for those who have already seen or run the DVD targets. Use the Search button.

LtBluPwr wrote:
Is it typical to find far more information in your session than you originally thought you were looking for?

When running trajectories, yes it does happen.

Keep at it and Keep posting it!

Fri May 30, 2014 3:50 am
Extreme User
Extreme User

Post Re: Interesting practice Session
I do appreciate your directions and comments. Actually everyone's. I will pay attention to all directions and suggestions. I have gone back to review to the point I am in Disk 1. After tonight's post (and another practice session post) I will move on to Target 4 on Disk 1. Thanks again for the help.

Sat May 31, 2014 5:56 am