It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:24 am

Please review bStuart beginner target 3082/5313 
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post Please review bStuart beginner target 3082/5313
Any input is greatly appreciated, thank you for your time and effort.

Thank you

Target link
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1719 ... 2_5313.jpg

Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:44 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Please review bStuart beginner target 3082/5313
Overall, good job Blue. Although I do have a few nit picks.

Page 7:

'Up' is not properly represented nor written in stage three analytical sketch. One could infer it from your drawing, but it should be bluntly obvious. We have been here before.

Page 9:

Your stage four column headings need to be 50% smaller. I know this is something that seems to be trivial right now, but believe me it will pay dividends in a few months time. It will help you get a little bit more out of your stage fours one day; I promise.

Page 13:

-There is no need to actually write out Site Template here. Much like the abbreviated prompt 'SSBP', it will save you a few seconds bit of time. Time that will be better spent constructing your site templates and gives you a bit more time to error trap while still being under the 45 minute mark for a short session like this one. Which I think you were under, but having to infer it from page 14? It should be on the template itself. I can only assume that you finished at 13:30 which would put you at the 39 minute mark. which is under the correct amount of time, but I think you can do it a bit faster.

-Stop labeling the Site template with descriptor words. We've also been here before as well. I know that it seems logical right now, but writing these words into your stage 3 analytical's is merely a crutch for the time being until you can figure out how you should be representing the perceived perceptions in diagrammatical form. Besides, all stage three written data is not to be written into the Site template anyway. I believe that was discussed on disk one. We are moving into disk three very shortly. This should be taken care of by the end of your next session.

-Where is your "Break"/"End" time stamp at the end of your site template? It should be written on the Site Template either after you are finished with putting it together or, if you have enough time, after you have finished error trapping the data. Either way, this "end"/"break" time stamp with the date, time, and TRNs protocol must be adhered to. Do this every single time moving forward, Blue.

I want to see one more practice session from you that has all of these corrections made, except the stage four error from page 9. I figure it will take a few more to get that one shored up, but the others should be automatic for you by now. Besides, they should be quick fixes anyway.

So, get these shored up in the next session and then move on to Disk Three.

Keep at It and Keep Posting It!

Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:59 am
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Thank you for the input. Originally I did time stamp the site template, by the time I attempted to take pictures of the session, later that day, a drink was spilled and I had to copy several pages over. I obviously forgot to copy the time stamp. However, it was not properly formatted as per your instructions, so it turns out to be a good thing as I get to learn more. The session took 33 minutes.

No such thing as a nit pick, just further needed refinement! I look forward to the day that the only input back is a "nit pick". Thank you for your time, effort and excellent feedback.

Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:27 pm
Extreme User
Extreme User

Hi Blueant,
It appears I may have left some with a misunderstanding of the “nit-picking” term.

It is unfortunate that most do not know the origin of the term. The phrase comes from the task of removing the tiny eggs of lice (nits) from someone’s hair and clothing, a tedious activity that required close attention and care. The word nit, could also refer to the eggs of other insect parasites. In RV I would say there are many “nits”. I.e. AOL’s, thinking, going to slow, structure problems, assuming one thing or another, yada yada. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitpicking

Nit-picking is a tedious activity that requires close attention and care. This is a slow and laborious process that inherently requires fastidious, meticulous attention to detail.

This is not a bad thing. The original “Nit-Pickers” were doing a vast service for the recipient. Originally it was not a derogatory term, and shouldn't be, if you have done your homework.

It was not until 1951, where The Oxford English Dictionary records the term “nit-picker.” Here they mention an explanation from Collier’s: “Two long-time Pentagon stand-bys are fly-speckers and nit-pickers. …” http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-nit1.htm

So, perhaps I should have used the term “Drill Down Management.” To me, and especially when I use the term “nit-picking,” the two terms are synonymous. Of course, if I would have said “Hey, thanks for the Drill Down Management,” few people would have grasp that term also. Here is a short article comparing the two. http://dwaynephillips.net/advisors/drill.htm

Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:07 am
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

I was actually referring to DaingMaing's comment above
Quote:
Overall good job Blue. Although I do have some nit picks

I was just referring that I embrace the nit picks, but I embrace them even more after your wonderful explanation !

Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:31 pm