It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:10 pm

Homemade Practice Target Comments Please 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post Homemade Practice Target Comments Please
I am working on Disk 2 of the DVD Course and have finished Target 2. Now I am practicing; this is a homemade target. Thank you for any comments and help.

Marie

Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:40 am
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Re: Homemade Practice Target Comments Please
Marie,

Page2: Declare your AIs at the end of your S2s as such: AI-familiar Drop your pen, subvocalize if you want.
With each AOL declaration, AOL-land. Put the hyphen. Subvocalize if you want.

Page5: Same thing with your AI and AOL declarations. Make sure you are dropping your pen with each declaration.
Your dimensions descriptors for S2[X] don't match your S3[X]. Word for word, you must translate on paper each dimension descriptor from your S2s to create your S3. I don't see curved written in your descriptors, but you sketched a curved line. And then, where is your scattered? Just asking because I don't see anything 'scattered' on S3[X]. These sketches are elementary at this point in the session. Just an example: maybe your 'shallow' would be two straight lines close to each other across the page somewhere on the S3 page. It's just a sketch: perhaps 'scattered would be represented by some kind of tick marks scattered somewhere on S3. I'm not telling you how to do it, just giving a simplistic idea of it.

Page7: I always still declare all AIs the same way in my S4: AI-lonely (drop pen). ALWAYS drop pen. This is the viewer's personal emotional separation from the target.
I can't tell if desert is AOL or AOL/S. I think it's AOL the way you marked it. Wrong column if it is. Watch that.
Same review for AOL declaration as I did above.

Page 9: Same thing with the AOL and AI.
Sounds: hi-pitched should have been AOL. It's far too high a concept for S2.

Page 10: Arrows are used to denote direction. There is no movement denoted in dimension, S2[A]. Don't write 'deep' on the S3; it's not part of your S2 descriptors so you can't add it at this point. You do, however have 'deep' in your dimensions of S4[A].

Page12: I just want to mention this because... OK, you have deep in your dimensions in your S4[A]. That allows it to be placed on the ST. Working backwards, the descriptor 'deep' was placed in your S3[A] without being a dimensional word in the S2[A]. Then, when you created the S4[A], deep was one of your dimensional choices. The choice of 'deep' in S4[A] is what allows it in the ST, and not the way you used it in S3[A]. Understand?

Good post.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:48 am
Extreme User
Extreme User

Quote:
Page 10: Arrows are used to denote direction. There is no movement denoted in dimension, S2[A]. Don't write 'deep' on the S3; it's not part of your S2 descriptors so you can't add it at this point. You do, however have 'deep' in your dimensions of S4[A].

I am probably going to stir the water a bit here.

Arrows on still artificial structures in a photo target where there is an absence of movement is something I recognise. An aspect that's particularly prominent /significant in so much as it stands out to the eye, or is particularly important to the structure can be entered with an arrow. Such as that drawn in S3[A] by Mariehl.

I don't have a problem with 'deep' appearing for the first time in the S3 either. It would be a problem if it appeared out of the blue in the ST though.

Back to the arrow. For sure the bridge is not heading down that direction in the photo. One day it will but not yet. But in the photo the leg is a nexus. It is massive and goes a long way down as the arrow, and the word 'deep', nicely capture.

Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:54 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

Kiwi, That's fair about the arrow. I didn't know that an arrows could be used as a significant /prominent marking to denote something that stands out to the eye in an S3 where there is no movement involved.

As for the word 'deep' added in the S3 when it wasn't included in the S2, that's new to me. I was instructed that only dimensional descriptor words from the S2 go in the S3, that's all. Would this be akin to adding any archetypes that you feel should be included in the S3 sketch? I know it's only a word, and not an archetype, but I don't recall doing that. Sounds like I'm being super picky, but Is this allowed?

Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:15 am
Extreme User
Extreme User

I was actually impressed by what Mariehl has posted. It's pretty good for someone working at the early stage with the DVD targets. Sure, I would like to see more AOLs declared in S2[A], S4[A] (none apart from the AOL/S), that's for sure, but the it looks to be flowing - as you would expect for someone who's 'in the zone'. Aside from the scarcity of AOL's the basic structure seems to be there. Headings are correct, pages are numbered, and idiograms seem performed correctly - fast. All of that and the ST look to me like Mariehl successfully hit the target.

Quote:
Would this be akin to adding any archetypes that you feel should be included in the S3 sketch? I know it's only a word, and not an archetype, but I don't recall doing that. Sounds like I'm being super picky, but Is this allowed?

Yes, well I'm surely not about to mess with your instructor's instructions. :P
Basic structure is everything. Yes, the S3 should build on the descriptors used in the S2.

But - when you are on target data streams in and you need to enter all of it. In the right places as the protocol dictates of course. And I see the incorporation of the arrow and 'deep' in this light. The goal is to be on target, hook into the data and to capture as much as possible to build as solid a picture of the target as you can.

I don't see the inclusion of the descriptor as representing a 'new archetype'. It elucidates what has already been set down in the S2, the outline of the bridge leg. I see it as new data caught as the S3 is drawn. It is a feature of that aspect, i.e. the bridge leg is 'deep' (goes down a long way or whatever). Though the viewer does not know what 'it' is when drawing those lines.

Yes. I would go so far as to say this posted session is more than I would expect for someone at this very early stage of their RV career. It's kind of impressive actually.

Being super picky is all part of the job of critiquing. You are doing fine.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:44 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

Kiwi, Thanks for that. I thought this was a good post too.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:27 pm