Ultimate User

Post review please for tiger74's [0254/5849]
Target; http://s141.photobucket.com/user/Tiger7 ... 9.jpg.html

Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:58 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: review please for tiger74's [0254/5849]
Greetings Norbert,

A lot of your word data is not legible to me and therefore difficult to comment on to determine if percepts are being placed in appropriate categories. This is a task you should be conducting by critiquing your session from start to finish to reinforce and teach yourself when you are on/off target, giving yourself feedback using the TRM.

Your structure looks good, however, in S4 you seem to be consistently following an ordered pattern of only moving from left to right. Consciously break yourself from this while in session by taking pen and probing columns for data in any order, or choosing those that are weak in data. Remember S4 should be as spontaneous as possible. Allow yourself to be guided by your unconscious and not the opposite. In your final S4, you have an AOL/S-'I think I should know this', this would be more akin to an S4.5, and should be placed on left side of page like this- S4.5- I think I should know this, then continue. Remember, an AOL/S is a descriptive word that acts as a comparator.

It looks like you only spent 20 min. in session on this one. What I would have done was taken a 30+ min. break then redone another complete session, then compared the two.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:00 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Thanks Jayvee. That's what I've been asking about in some of my previous posts- taking too little time to complete a session- and the general consensus is that faster is better. I found my session work degrade as my mind would rumble of any number of category correct descriptor words, which grew in number exponentially, sometimes as many as 16 dimension words many of which had nothing to do with the target. This week I stopped writing words that are rattled off and writing them as AOL unless I had pen on paper asking for the data; over the last 10 sessions I find I'm more on target. Even on 4 aspects I'm usually done in 35 minutes which is not enough for proper followup work. This session would have been a 12-15 minute session on average when I wouldn't take time to write neat.

After endlessly reading the forum archives for something valuable I found somebody posting about taking more time in 3s which I think could add a few minutes. Which got me wondering if I'm going at a speed where

Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:04 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Norbert77 wrote:
taking too little time to complete a session- and the general consensus is that faster is better.

This is an area that each individual viewer should be analyzing and determining for themselves as they become skilled with the protocols. Beginning students aren't taught to go faster just to go faster. Its recommended in specific cases to short-circuit the thinking process and do an end-run around students having difficulty dealing with AOL. The faster you go the more focused one is on structure. As a beginner, I was very fast, but through my own experience, I learned that I needed to slow down my pace. Also, don't forget that while in an RV session, each successive stage is slower than the previous. As you already indicated, you have begun experimenting with your session pace and noticed differences in your data flow and accuracy.

Norbert77 wrote:
Even on 4 aspects I'm usually done in 35 minutes which is not enough for proper followup work.

Regardless of how much time it takes you to complete a session to a ST, follow-up work can always be performed. Follow-up work is not dependent on previous session time, it is dependent on the strategy one chooses to pursue in determining what data one is seeking in relation to the target.

Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:11 am