It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:24 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 A few practice targets 
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: A few practice targets
aprilflowers wrote:
Wow, I just noticed something about the relationship between all of my stage 3s of the different aspects (x, a, and b)...

Something that I may have been overlooking... is the problem of drawing things 3-d. People may forget to draw it 3-d...

But.. I noticed in my analytical sketches.. I had straight lines all around my drawing in s3 of a. Also.. I had one straight line in my stage 3 (site) with the dimension (leveled) written beside it. Also.. I had one straight line on the bottom of my s3 of b. If I took the sketch from s3 of a, and flipped it to the bottom so that it was matching up with the straight line under s3 of b... it would have fit together better as a puzzle, as well as been repectful to the problem of drawing things 3-d.

And it also, would have been more accurate. :P

Welll... is it okay to be "analytical" in the "analytical sketches"? Because it might take a little longer to make sure I'm thinking in 3-d.

Other than that.. in all the other stages I should be robotic and not think about anything other than structure...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(edit added)
I just read through "site template questions" earlier in the forum, and I see that I need to try to draw the sketches 3-d in the s3 of all the aspects so that I don't have to rotate them in the st.

Other than that... do you notice anything else wrong with my structure?

Your ideograms look like they are now paced correctly. It seems as though you are still taking a little bit of artistic license when combining your analytical sketches into the site template ([A] specifically) but you are definitely improving. Don't concentrate so much on drawing in 3-d as it will engage your analytical brain too much. Just let it come naturally. Juxtaposition is fine, rotation on the z-axis is not. (the view you sketch is the view you get.) Note the prompt for exploring the aspect is "from the top of" implying that you might be sketching froma top down viewpoint. A lot of people actually rotate down and sketch a profile in spite of the prompt. It is a little early to tell if that is what you are doing now, will do for awhile, or will always do. Sketching and comibining them into a site template is the most difficult of all things to do. It will just take lots of time.

Tue May 05, 2009 2:32 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

kocmodpom wrote:
Your ideograms look like they are now paced correctly. It seems as though you are still taking a little bit of artistic license when combining your analytical sketches into the site template ([A] specifically) but you are definitely improving. Don't concentrate so much on drawing in 3-d as it will engage your analytical brain too much. Just let it come naturally. Juxtaposition is fine, rotation on the z-axis is not. (the view you sketch is the view you get.) Note the prompt for exploring the aspect is "from the top of" implying that you might be sketching froma top down viewpoint. A lot of people actually rotate down and sketch a profile in spite of the prompt. It is a little early to tell if that is what you are doing now, will do for awhile, or will always do. Sketching and comibining them into a site template is the most difficult of all things to do. It will just take lots of time.

*nods*
Affirmative.
(hehe)

~My unconscious

Tue May 05, 2009 3:44 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

I did this practice from RVBootcamp:
Results are icky.. lol..
But is my structure any better?

target link: http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z216/rvrobot/9.jpg

~My unconscious

Thu May 07, 2009 10:47 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Try moving faster through the S2s.

Also, less thinking in S3. Feel where things go. Look at your S2 dimensions and say "where does square go?". Let your hand go there, and draw whatever square should look like. You're doing fine... I think you ought to move on to DVD2 if you haven't already.

Fri May 08, 2009 2:11 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Hi,
Here's a practice session on 5756/8346. I didn't realize that I completely omitted S4[A] until later today when I scanned everything. I've never skipped an S4 before. I've never practiced early in the morning before going to work either, but no excuses.

It looks like the view is from above the target and all the aspect descriptions and sketches are as if I was standing at the aspect looking at the target and describing the target from that perspective. Is this acceptable or do I need to change something? Thanks!

Wed May 20, 2009 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

I tried to go faster in my s2's, I tried to aol descriptors when they came out of order, and I put all my s3's on seperate pages.

This is what I got...

Target => 2509/7799

~My unconscious

Fri May 22, 2009 4:22 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

rvtd wrote:
Hi,
Here's a practice session on 5756/8346.

-Declare your AIs like this: AI - uneasy (drop the pen)
-Always underline your S2 or S3 page titles
-Always draw the column headings in S4
-If you write 'END' or 'BREAK' you need to start over from a S1. You need the ideogram to re-establish target contact. (major mistake). You should have written 'BREAK' after S4 of [ B ] and write 'RESUME' before you perform the movement on S1 of [ C ].
-In S4 of [ C ] you have AOL/S - people in glass houses should not throw rocks. This is an example of S4.5 data. Do a search on the forums on S4.5 or S4 1/2.

Overall your structure is really coming along! Keep up the great work.

Fri May 22, 2009 10:33 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

aprilflowers wrote:
I tried to go faster in my s2's, I tried to aol descriptors when they came out of order, and I put all my s3's on seperate pages.

This is what I got...

Target => 2509/7799

-'Loosen up' when doing your ideograms and S3... you have that loopy thing that appears in every ideogram and every sketch. Let your hand do what it feels is right.
-You're not declaring your AOLs properly. Remember: AOL - saxaphone (drop pen and wait for AOL to dissipate)
-Label your pages the way RVTD does... for example, at the top of the page: S1[ x ]
-Underline your S4 headings
-S2 of [ B ] is an abortion... way too many AOLs indicate you've totally lost focus.
-Only write labels on S3 freehands if absolutely necessary
-On your ST you need to label your T's, I's, AI's, and EI's.

You're making progress, keep it up!

Fri May 22, 2009 10:40 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Thanks =]

~My unconscious

Fri May 22, 2009 7:38 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Thank you,
I read the S4.5 information on the forum and I will post a session tomorrow with your suggested improvemnts included in it.
:D

Fri May 22, 2009 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Hi!
Ok, here is the session that has your structural recommendations applied to it. [0039/4393]

Quote:
Declare your AIs like this: AI - uneasy (drop the pen)

Quote:
example of S4.5 data

I didn't underline S4 [X] here. :|

Quote:
Always underline your S2 or S3 page titles

Quote:
Always draw the column headings in S4

Quote:
If you write 'END' or 'BREAK' you need to start over from a S1. You need the ideogram to re-establish target contact. (major mistake).

Does this mean that I should not write the word "end" at the bottom of the S3 sketches after they are sketched??

This is just an observation, even though there seems to be an AOL/ of "structure" that I didn't recognize throughout the session, the ST, if turned sideways is amazing! Well, mechanically anyway. :) I am also receiving data from the ideograms of the target itself, instead of the surrounding area, or so it seems, as the ideograms appear similar for every aspect including the target. This is something that has just started to occur recently and it helps me know where to place things in the ST. It's as if I were to do the sketches on transparencies and I laid them on top of each other, I could see the whole ST to sketch. Of course I do not do this.

What's next?
Thank you!!

Sat May 23, 2009 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

I love to see when a student actually implements the suggestions they are given! Brilliant!

-You need to actually write "AI (dash)" too. It is declared like an AOL, but you write AI instead of AOL.
-You can skip the [ x ] or [ a ] part when you are labeling your S2s. Because you've indicated in your S1 heading which aspect it is, you can skip it because it is on the same page. Just write S2 and start listing your descriptors below it.
-Your S4.5s are not correct... they are only permitted in Stage 4. In S2 it is declared as AOL.
-DO NOT write 'END' until you are finished with your session never to return. Typically this is only for when you are finished your ST. 'END' disconnects you from your target and from the signal line. This is why it is a big mistake :) You can write 'BREAK' if you need a rest, but you need to perform a S1 to reconnect you to the target. This is covered in the DVD set.
-When you say that you are getting archetypes (not ideograms!) of the other aspects, you are exactly right! To properly put together your ST you look for commonalities and piece them together like a puzzle (or transparencies).

See my example session on the main forum if I'm not being clear.

Sat May 23, 2009 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

I think I incorporated the tips you gave me in my practice session for today.. This is what I got:

TRN = 0414/1286

Any tips to improve my structure?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(edit added)
I noticed I forgot to put my T's and I's in my ST.
I loosened up in my ideograms and s3 sketches, but I think I need to loosen up more, and try harder to dissipate my AOL's. lol

I haven't watched dvd 3 or 4 yet... b/c I wanna do more practice sessions first. I also want to do a cue in my neighborhood or a store nearby.

~My unconscious

Sat May 23, 2009 8:02 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Well, in that case I take it my structure is fine. I will definitely practice more. I need to fine tune my antennae to distinguish AOL's from Tangibles. Also, I'm a newbie, and need lots of practice with s3 sketches... me and my hand fight way too much. :lol: I dunno if my unconscious mind is rebellious or If Im having trouble disciplining it, but I think maybe it will come around, and eventually my descriptor words will come in the correct order in my s2!... and eventually, I will get less stream of conscious and more accurate info in S4. :x

But alas, all is fine and dandy in Cleveland.

~My unconscious

Sun May 24, 2009 1:57 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

You're doing very well. We will continue to provide suggestions as you move through the DVDs and post sessions.

Sun May 24, 2009 4:22 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

[3424/5524] Where can I find how to attach the image so you don't have to go looking for it? This TRN is in the target practice section. The target image is a photo of a bridge spanning over a huge body of water.

Quote:
DO NOT write 'END' until you are finished with your session never to return. Typically this is only for when you are finished your ST. 'END' disconnects you from your target and from the signal line. This is why it is a big mistake
This is the best instruction for my sessions lately as I somehow managed to get into a bad habit of writing the word "end" at the bottom of every sketch. I'm surprised my ST's even resembled the target after disconnecting myself after every single sketch. Thank you!!

Quote:
You need to actually write "AI (dash)" too.

Quote:
skip the [ x ] or [ a ] part when you are labeling your S2s.

This is the first S6 that I have done. I understand that it is to be more than a sketch, more like an actual drawing. Should I do S1[1] or is it M1[1] page along with a S3 or M3 sketch of [1] that I labeled on the ST for the purpose of S6?

Sun May 24, 2009 2:53 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

rvtd wrote:
This is the first S6 that I have done. I understand that it is to be more than a sketch, more like an actual drawing. Should I do S1[1] or is it M1[1] page along with a S3 or M3 sketch of [1] that I labeled on the ST for the purpose of S6?

The best suggestion I can give you for S6 is to get this book:

http://www.amazon.com/New-Drawing-Right ... 043&sr=8-1

You need to FEEL the difference between drawing with your right brain and drawing with your left brain (thinking). It's difficult to explain in words... you have to experience it.

Some S6 tips: Make sure you've been in session for about 45 minutes before attempting S6. If you have, typically you can go straight into S6 as you did in this session. If you have not, you can perform a 'target geometry' on [ 1 ] to give you more time on target.

To do a target geometry you label [ 1 ] on your ST, then start from S1 with the prompt "From the top of [ 1 ] (read: element one) something should be visible (or: SSBV), then produce an ideogram. Continue through an S3 analytical sketch, then do a S6 sketch.

The process for higher level prompts like the one described above really depends on what your goal is. If you just want to produce a sketch, you can cut some corners (don't tell Ed I said that) :) If you want to find the purpose of element 1, you need to basically start a new session with a different prompt. More on this some other time.

Sun May 24, 2009 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

aprilflowers wrote:
Any tips to improve my structure?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(edit added)
I noticed I forgot to put my T's and I's in my ST.
I loosened up in my ideograms and s3 sketches, but I think I need to loosen up more, and try harder to dissipate my AOL's. lol

I haven't watched dvd 3 or 4 yet... b/c I wanna do more practice sessions first. I also want to do a cue in my neighborhood or a store nearby.

It is an excellent exercise to not only look at the ST to see if you described the target, but also look through your structure to see any inconsistencies from movement to movement. When you review your own structure and find mistakes, you will do it properly the next time! :)

Try moving faster through your S2s... you seem to have a lot of AOLs (not that there's anything wrong with that). It just reflects that you might be going too slowly.

Also, make sure that EVERYTHING in your S3 freehand is labeled. The only exception to this is if you draw (for example) a group of circles, and you KNOW that all those circles are actually one 'thing' at the site.

Sun May 24, 2009 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Quote:
(don't tell Ed I said that)

shhh...I won't tell him, but you just did. :lol:

I have that book and I am naturally able to do right brain drawing with paintings. So, I can do what I naturally do as an artist, the same right brain activity that I do when I am working on a painting, only when I am working on S6?
Ok, I'll stop talking about S6 here and when I have other questions about it I'll post it in the higher level prompts section.
Thanks!

Sun May 24, 2009 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

RVRobot wrote:
Do a search on the forums on S4.5 or S4 1/2.

A note on searches:

It is quite impossible to query terms like this using the forum's built-in search function. Use Google instead, with the "site:" addition like this:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22S4.5% ... munity.net

It pays many times over the little effort to learn about additional directions you can give to their search engine, like using '+' and '-' signs etc:

http://www.google.com/support/websearch ... wer=136861

Cheers

>>

Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:55 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Quote:
http://www.google.com/support/websearch ... wer=136861

Great! I added this to my favorites for future reference. Thank you!

Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:25 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

[7100/6818]
http://kfabel.de/rv/trm-7100-6818.pdf

Hi!
Here's a practice session where I told myself beforehand to use other descriptor words for line or linear that I often get in demensions. I think my unconscious has a sense of humor! Look at all the lines in this one! :roll: Of course I'm still struggling with interpreting words into sketches.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

-I'd like you to loosen up much more in your S6
-Try marking [1] on your ST and do a S6 on just that element.
-You really should have gotten the idea of death for this target... it's important to be able to recognize. (Kind of a morose target for a training set).

Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Thanks!
Quote:
You really should have gotten the idea of death for this target... it's important to be able to recognize.

Yes, I wondered why I got the word "curiosity" (EI) for a person that was dead!

Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

RVRobot wrote:
(Kind of a morose target for a training set).

Well, the whole situation in Iran is morose, if there's a word for it at all. Those two were lovers, teenage homosexual boys who were murdered for what nature had assigned them to be. An accompanying article is with the source reference next to the TRM link.

I included it because actually I thought it would be ideal for a training set just because of that very strong, clear message. I was aware it may be pushing a few individuals' tolerance. But is that not a valuable lesson in itself for the path of RV? If done right, we're in to discover truth, and truth is reckless about anyone's taste levels or personal beliefs. Not everyone will with intent embark on gut-wrenching tasks like the Major, but maybe we all should at least be able to brace ourselves for being hit with unpleasant discoveries eventually.

This of course is the opinion of a greenhorn, and I'd be grateful for any corrective input regarding the educational value of my above contributed targets.

>>

Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:28 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next