It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:50 am

labeling of target geometries 
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post labeling of target geometries
What is the correct way to label a target geometry?

As I understand, only an S1, S2, S3 is performed.
If one is performing a geometry on element 1, then are the labels
S2[1] and S3[1] ?

If performing several geometries or higher explorations are performed on the same element, then there would be several pages labeled S3[1] ... this seems to be redundant and unclear. Therefore I presume it could be incorrect.

Please clarify proper labeling procedure for geometries.

Thanks!
--Angel

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:42 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:26 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Yes, I was really wondering how to deal with the labelling in an unambiguous manner. If you keep asking questions about element 1 say, in the same S.T., then how do you distinguish the labels for successive S3[1]s or ST[1]s ?.

I believe, if i understood what David said correctly, that labels X2, A2, B2, etc, or X3, A3, B3, can be used as successive labels in the freehand sketch when doing successive analyses of an element 1, say, as the subscripts for the X, A, B, etc do not have to be the same as the element number.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:25 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

I believe, if i understood what David said correctly, that labels X2, A2, B2, etc, or X3, A3, B3, can be used as successive labels in the freehand sketch when doing successive analyses of an element 1, say, as the subscripts for the X, A, B, etc do not have to be the same as the element number.
No, that's not quite what I said. I'd be glad to go over the stuff we talked about -- but a day or two from now.

Also, when doing a Target Geometry, you do not execute a Freehand Sketch -- therefore, subscripts do not apply. Major Dames may clarify this on the forum, later.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:59 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Actually I may be confusing things a bit here by writing this under the same post that says target geometries. What I was wondering about is when you are doing analysis on an element, say element 1. Suppose you want to ask multiple questions e.g. "the purpose of [1] SBP", followed up perhaps by "the source of[1] SBP" etc., where the [1] is from the same ST. In this case, I believe you need to label the freehand sketch with X1, A1, etc, then X2, A2 etc, and so on. I am wondering how you label successive S3s and STs i.e. they cant all be S3 [1], ST[1] etc. I think that these should be labelled S3[1] etc and not just S3, but perhaps I am wrong about that?.

Sorry for writing this in the same post as the target geometries, because this is not the same thing, and is done a little differently, and I may be causing confusion here - the question reminded me of a question I had about higher level prompts. Please move this question to a separate post in this section if it helps. (I would like to know how to label for the target geometries too).

Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:19 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

If you were simply exploring [1], the headers you'd use would be:
S2[1]
S3[1]
...etc.

However, if you were exploring the 'purpose' of [1], here's the headers you'd use:

the purpose of [1] SBP (ideogram goes here)

S2[1 - purpose]
list your descriptors

S3[1 - purpose]
draw freehand sketch
(label aspects [X1], [A1], etc.)

from the top of [X1] SSBP (ideogram goes here)

S2[X1]
list your descriptors

S3[X1]
draw Analytical Sketch

S4[X1]

-----repeat above process for all aspects----

Then, compose analytical sketches onto a new Site Template, headed with:
ST[1 - purpose]

If you want to do a further exploration of [1], or, an exploration of other elements, the process would be similar, except you'd increment your aspect labels (in this case, the next aspect labels would be [X2], [A2], etc.).

Hope that helps.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:32 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Yes, David that is just what I need to know. Thanks for your clear explanation.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:57 pm