It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:06 pm

Stage 6 Percepts 
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Stage 6 Percepts
I've done a lot of sessions however, I've only attempted Stage 6 maybe twice because I don't fully understand it. I tried it a few days ago, but the entire session was off so it didn't do me any good.

Anyway, I wanted to try again today.

I was blind to everything but the cue I knew it was Name / next perlustration of http://www.japantimes.co.jp / first most significant image discerned / target reference

Target was:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/images/phot ... 823h1a.jpg

Quote:
"Oendan" (supporters) for Saga Kita High School celebrate the team's five-run attack in the bottom of the eighth inning during Wednesday's final of the National High School Championship against Koryo High School of Hiroshima at Koshien Stadium. Saga Kita won 5-4, clinching its first national title.

( I didn't even know if it had images I just picked the site from a list haha )

I went into session I knew I had semi- decent target contact and I explored a structure on my ST ( from the top of [ 1 ] SSBP ) I went to S1 S2 S3 analytical sketch and S4.

I then took a new page numbered it and wrote S6[ 1 ] and just started drawing. I was trying to feel where the lines should be ect, but I wasn't focused as much on drawing ( as you can see ) because I found I could get slows streams of data about the structure. Coming in like a broken up sentence as there was a small delay between each word ( hard to explain ) anyway, I didn't know what to do with it so I wrote it off to the side, vertically.

So my questions are should I perceive things when drawing in S6 ? And what can I do with it?

Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:26 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

You'll need two sheets of paper: one is your S6 worksheet (the one that you draw upon) and the other is a S6 template, upon which you write the newly arising word-ideas. The S6 template has the same columns as the S4 template.

If you are working with modelling compound, instead of a S6 worksheet, you'll require the S6 template, as well.

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Alright, that seems simple enough. Thank you Ed I will keep practicing.

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:25 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Ed, I have been doing pretty good with regaurd to getting descriptive data for my S6 matricies, but my sketches need some improvment though. Is it within the methodology to assemble multiple S6 Sketches and Matricies into a more detailed Site- Template of sorts when I get good enough to sketch accuratly?

Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:33 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

You do not sketch in S6, you draw. And, yes, the data is additive, but only from session to session. In other words, do not homestead S6 within a single session. About 10 minutes is reasonably safe, after the 40-minute time-on-target requirement.

Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
Extreme User
Extreme User

And, yes, the data is additive, but only from session to session. In other words, do not homestead S6 within a single session.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand 'homestead' in this context: what does it mean for the S6 data to be additive only from session to session?

Do you mean for us to work S6 only once per uninterrupted session (only once between each break)?

Thanks

Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:55 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Yes, once per session, not to exceed 10 minutes. Note: do not attempt S6 until after completion of LearnRV DVD 4.

Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post Re: Stage 6 Percepts
Ed, I am trying to find the instructions for the S6? I can not find the instructions anywhere. Can you direct me to a link that has the step by step instructions for this part of the session? Thanks, markfrano

Last edited by markfrano on Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:48 pm
I use Stage 6 in a slightly different way.

Here's a real simple way to use S6 Prompts:

After a page of Stage 4 data, last 1/3, near the bottom, I add a few simple Stage 6 prompts: (you have to have these prompts ready to go, do not try to think while in a session about what would by the appropriate prompts, and therefore engage your thinking brain, so have a general list ready like below...)

I use the following:

[S6 Target purpose] draw a line under it and place my pen under the line and record the data

[S6 Target condition]
[S6 Target location]
[S6 Target used for]

[S6 Target size]
[S6 Target age]

I have often found these to be very accurate and therefore useful.

Last week I did [S6 Target Location] and wrote "Gila River" and target was the "Kitka River". Granted different continents but similar two syllables words and definitely a "river"....

Hope that helps. Alex

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:34 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

We have to bracket?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:52 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

See here for S4 aspects:
S6- Person/Face

It is the same for S6 but don't write S6 into the brackets but instead on the top of the page (or beginning of the stage)

"The universe [...] is written in mathematical language, and the letters are triangles, circles and other geometrical figures, without which means it is humanly impossible to comprehend a single word." Galileo Galilei

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:23 am
I simply write:

S6 Target Location (and underline it, i don't bracket it, but I don't think it matters)
place my pen under the prompt, and write the answer. Perhaps one or two percepts and then I move on to the next. S6 Target Purpose, S6 Target condition, etc.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:44 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Use higher-level prompts if you want exact info. Correct S6 procedure will be outlined on an upcoming LearnRV DVD.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Quote:
Correct S6 procedure will be outlined on an upcoming LearnRV DVD.

Nice! How soon will this be available for purchase?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

I'll check with the producers.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:34 pm
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

Quote:
I use Stage 6 in a slightly different way.

Here's a real simple way to use S6 Prompts:

After a page of Stage 4 data, last 1/3, near the bottom, I add a few simple Stage 6 prompts: (you have to have these prompts ready to go, do not try to think while in a session about what would by the appropriate prompts, and therefore engage your thinking brain, so have a general list ready like below...)

I use the following:

[S6 Target purpose] draw a line under it and place my pen under the line and record the data

[S6 Target condition]
[S6 Target location]
[S6 Target used for]

[S6 Target size]
[S6 Target age]

I have often found these to be very accurate and therefore useful.

Last week I did [S6 Target Location] and wrote "Gila River" and target was the "Kitka River". Granted different continents but similar two syllables words and definitely a "river"....

Hope that helps. Alex

Alex,

It does help.
That was about a year ago. Do you still use or stand by this "slightly different way"?

After recording the data under [S6 Target purpose] do you then draw another line under the next prompt and collect data and continue as above (drawing each line one by one)?

Is Ed OK with this way?

Thanks.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:26 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

The standard rule of thumb applies: At least 40 minutes time-on-target, and no more than 10 minutes in S6, regardless of the type of S6 tool applied -- but never initiate S6 prior to completion of a site template!

(I will cover S6 in detail at the next Advanced RV Skills workshop)

Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:34 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

Great.
Got it.
And what a fast reply.
Thanks Ed.

Famous last words: Hey guys, watch this.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:49 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Hi,

Question for the Major: In the intro. DVDs, you've stated that we must take a break after 45 minutes to rest our bodies; and I usually do this after the penultimate S4. But if we can only go into S6 AFTER this amount of time on target, what should we do?

Thanks,
Nobodysfuel.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:50 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

?

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:44 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Not clear?

Okay, what if we break during session and don't have a contiguous 40 minutes on target. Is it productive to go into S6 under these conditions?

Nobodysfuel.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:50 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Here's what I suggest. Do 40 minutes before you do the S6 for 5 minutes.
Total 45 minutes. Problem solved. We're not baking a cake here.

As for the non-continuity, I would still do the S6 if the session break was not too long (i.e. it is the same day). But that's just my current thought and I would like to hear from more experienced RVers.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:12 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

40 minutes in all, not necessarily 40 min at once... although, longer time on target the better. Upon resuming, you will need to do the appropriate prompt though. Ed(or some reliable source) said this somewhere before. I will look it up.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:28 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Thanks for the clarity guys!
Nobodysfuel

Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:50 pm