It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:10 pm

Stage 5 - A Tutorial 
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Stage 5 - A Tutorial
Ed has graciously granted permission to post this tutorial on S5. This tutorial is intended for intermediate viewers who have completed the 4 DVD set and are comfortable with the material therein.

The purpose of S5 is to unpack odd or out of context AOLs. Sometimes a viewer will get an AOL that just seems to just come out of nowhere and can sometimes be very specific.

For example:
AOL - seventh inning stretch

S5 will help a viewer remember what they might have been unconsciously thinking when that AOL was triggered. Often an AOL is accompanied by a mental image. When we use S5 to unpack that AOL we can sometimes get a clue that may help us find the answer to our problem. We will not perform S5 on every AOL, nor can we always expect a useful answer after we unpack an AOL with S5.

One should perform S5 at the end of the aspect in which it was generated. This is true except when it is the last aspect before the ST. In this case, one would complete the ST then perform S5. Also, S5 is performed outside of the Matrix. This means you must declare a BREAK, perform S5, then RESUME your session at S1 of the next aspect. If you have just completed your ST you must END or BREAK from your session before starting into S5.

The page is set up similarly to S4. Title the page S5 - AOL seventh inning stretch and number the page. Below the title create four equally spaced columns. The first column is Objects?. The second column is Attributes?. The third is Subjects?. The fourth is Topics?.

Underneath the Objects column you must list all of the objects or things that you remember in the 'mental picture' for the AOL you are unpacking. See the example below. When you have listed everything you can remember, move over to the Attributes column.

Underneath the Attributes column you must list the sensory descriptions for each of the objects you wrote in the Objects column. Start with the first object, describe everything you remember, then move down to the next object. When you have completed, move over to the Subjects column.

Underneath the Subjects column, write words that describe the subject of the entire scene or picture. What was the overall feeling? When you have listed all subjects, move over to the Topics column.

Underneath the Topics column you must list the main theme of all the words you listed in Subjects. Sometimes these are the same as subjects, but not always. See the image for an example.

Once you have completed all columns one must go back to the top and pick out anything that does not seem to fit or have anything to do with your initial AOL. Draw a circle around these words. This is the 'answer' to the S5 for that AOL. Sometimes you will not circle anything, which is fine.

(my example may not be great or complete necessarily, but I hope it illustrates the idea)

Ed, any corrections?

Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:51 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Stage 5 - A Tutorial
Yes, I will make a few corrections, later.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:54 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Thanks for this. I may have one simple question after Ed posts corrections.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:39 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Thank you Major, RVRobot. This sort of presentation is a perfect example of continuing education. It is much appreciated. I hope there will be more to come in the future.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:17 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

A curious tortoise going bumpety-bump 8)

>>

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:47 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Hi RVRobot,

I'm not sure I get the purpose of Stage 5. Why would circling the things which don't fit provide the answer to S5?

I'm assuming S5 is a method to unpack real target information correlated with an AOL. So how does one know which AOL to unpack with S5? In other words, how often is S5 used?

Nobodysfuel

Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:58 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

RVRobot wrote:
The purpose of S5 is to unpack odd or out of context AOLs. Sometimes a viewer will get an AOL that just seems to just come out of nowhere and can sometimes be very specific. S5 will help a viewer remember what they might have been unconsciously thinking when that AOL was triggered.

I could rephrase that to say S5 allows us to potentially extrapolate something useful about the target from an out of place/context AOL.

I personally don't use it very often.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

RVRobot wrote:
RVRobot wrote:
The purpose of S5 is to unpack odd or out of context AOLs. Sometimes a viewer will get an AOL that just seems to just come out of nowhere and can sometimes be very specific. S5 will help a viewer remember what they might have been unconsciously thinking when that AOL was triggered.

I could rephrase that to say S5 allows us to potentially extrapolate something useful about the target from an out of place/context AOL.

I personally don't use it very often.

RVRobot, are S5 and S6 covered in the master tips DVD?

Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:17 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

I'm not sure, my complimentary copy must have gotten lost in the mail ;)

I think most advanced viewers pick up those stages at a capstone workshop or via 1x1 training.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:41 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

Ah, the power of searching posts.

NOW I know what an S5 should look like and be about.

Thanks!

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:04 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Is this applicable to an AOL/S (metaphor) as well? I sometimes wondered if it could be useful to zoom in on one. Don't have them often though, so this may be a bit theoretical.

>>

Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:10 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

AOL/S is data, not AOL.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:52 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

An AOL on which we perform a S5 is also (alleged to be hiding) data, otherwise we wouldn't bother.

>>

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:52 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

You're losing me.

Did you guys eat breakfast this morning, or take the bus?

Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:39 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

It's the wee hours over there, don't you guys ever sleep? I shall be more precise anyway.

As the above description of S5 is mostly taken from the old CRV manual which is publicly available, in the long coming of protocol development since it was last touched, has it been undertaken to apply S5 on AOL/S items to learn whether or not it is applicable? Or is there an obvious reason why it is not, which I am missing?

Secondary purpose of continuing this thread is to hint at the loose end above. There were to be added corrections?

>>

Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:17 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Revisit my forum notes on the subject. Regardless, S5 can be evoked for, or used in association with, any percept.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:01 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

I see, good to know. Sometimes losing track of disjunct forum notes, despite having been around. Thanks.

>>

Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:10 pm