It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:41 am

Prompting/cuing for context 
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Prompting/cuing for context
A couple of sessions have yielded a number of aspects and combine to really flesh out the meaning of the site. Almost like a contextual diorama. It's always neat and makes me feel that there is some intelligence at work in the matrix hammering this stuff out!

Would it be possible to explicitly prompt for this kind of information by tagging "context" at the end of the cue? (Note: I may be getting confused about the demarcation line between prompts and cues).

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Prompting/cuing for context
IMO cueing for "context" is unnecessary because, in general, the later aspects [B], [C], [D], etc., ARE contextual.

Aban wrote:
makes me feel that there is some intelligence at work in the matrix hammering this stuff out

As for intelligence, IMO, there appears to be no intelligence at work in the way you are thinking (no grand designer).

Does a mineral forged in the sun have intelligence? No, but it does have measurable characteristics that are accessible in the database. Just because a rock has mass, position, velocity, or acceleration, does it make the rock intelligent? No. There are some in the scientific community that feel that plasma (the 4th state of matter, not the stuff in blood) is a lifeform because it exhibits traits of self-survival in a hostile environment. Still no intelligence there that we can detect. Can it reproduce? Yes but still likely not intelligence.

Look at it this way analogously, you have this big database of information (the internet), and are typing your search term into google (the cue), and the search engine (the program created to sift through the database), and returns the literal interpretation of your search term.

If the matrix database had intelligence, then it would be able to understand your intent, rather than giving you what you actually wrote. Thus no intelligence in the matrix.

Ah then the intelligence is in the search engine itself! Well is there intelligence in the google search engine? No, it is a program written by people.

Well then the search engine is the intelligent design of the creator!
If that was so, then the creator is an idiot that still can't determine your intent to properly give you what you want in the matrix through the cue. No, the creator of the search engine much like the creator of the google search engine are a number of people. With the google search engine, hundreds of people collaborated to create it. With the Matrix search engine, all unconscious minds have created it, and thus with collaboration, the intent and will of the individual are irrelevant. Kind of like politics in Washington. Intent and higher goals are reduced to rubble in order to achieve practicality and consensus on something that half-ass does the job you originally wanted and makes no one happy. In practicality it is all about the letter of the law, not the intent of the people that created it.

So in a way, the search engine is the universal democracy with each person's unconscious having one vote and the majority rules at the oppression of the minority.

Just one opinion. Release the hounds!

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

How can wie find intelligence out there if there is none on earth? (except for elephants and dolphins)

"The universe [...] is written in mathematical language, and the letters are triangles, circles and other geometrical figures, without which means it is humanly impossible to comprehend a single word." Galileo Galilei

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:07 pm
Extreme User
Extreme User

Attempting to skip the general and move straight to the details?
If you wanted more information on aspect [B] for instance how would you go about setting that up. 1 of b?

Kocmodpom, Just curious about the Plasma you mentioned. No intelligence that we can detect. Does that mean scientists in general or have plasma life forms been scrutinized through rv?

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:47 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Seeker wrote:
If you wanted more information on aspect [B] for instance how would you go about setting that up. 1 of b?

I would say make a new cue on the ST that incorporates the element you want more info on. Generate a new TRN and associate/circle it with the cue. Then you ST becomes a "jumping off point" with more TRNs.

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

kocmodpom wrote:
IMO cueing for "context" is unnecessary because, in general, the later aspects [B], [C], [D], etc., ARE contextual.

But sometimes I'll have session where only one element is in S3. In one instance I was doing an optimum trajectory on a new product for a manufacturing company I work with (not as an RV'er of course).

I end up with what is apparently a tubing part, but no further info. If the site had some context like: metal structure, oil, I would be able to guess that it might be an oilfield product used in drilling.

It's like on the DVDs where Ed gives the satellite example: where there is a receiving dish along with the satellite. Even though they are separated by a huge amount of distance they are still grouped into the site. And I've had informative sessions like that, but I've also had sessions where there is just this non-descript concave circle...so to speak.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Quote:
Re: Prompting/cuing for context
Seeker wrote:

Quote:
I would say make a new cue on the ST that incorporates the element you want more info on. Generate a new TRN and associate/circle it with the cue. Then you ST becomes a "jumping off point" with more TRNs.

Seeker and Aban, this is not a good strategy to use for exploring an aspect. Keep posting your sessions.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:15 am
Profile WWW
Extreme User
Extreme User

Thank you for the insight. I am retiring until completion of the DVD's. Whirlwind avoided hopefully.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:22 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

rvtd wrote:
Seeker and Aban, this is not a good strategy to use for exploring an aspect. Keep posting your sessions.

No prob. I'll post the session I was talking about tomorrow where you can see how I targeted the aspect. As always, I appreciate any feedback.

Also, I've only posted DVD course related sessions in the area for those. Where would be the appropriate place to post non-DVD course sessions?

Thanks.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Quote:
Where would be the appropriate place to post non-DVD course sessions?

Practice sessions can be posted in the Exchange Homemade Target section. Please post only those sessions that you've done following the instructions in the LearnRV course.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:02 pm
Profile WWW