It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:51 am

S2 and SSBV prompts 
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post S2 and SSBV prompts
I've been experimenting with using SSBV followon prompts to get more visible information about targets. My "issue" is the S2s on these SSBV prompts. Really they feel "strange", like I'm just pulling info already obtained in the root session. Since I'm prompting for *more* information I would like to be doing something that would be pulling in new target info.

I toyed with the idea of skipping all non-new info in a followon's S2, writing only *new* perceptions. Essentially grazing over S2 and moving on quickly to S3/S4.

Have others run into a similar experience with followons?

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Fri May 07, 2010 12:11 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: S2 and SSBV prompts
Prompting for more information?

Fri May 07, 2010 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Aban wrote:
Really they feel "strange", like I'm just pulling info already obtained in the root session.

Is that how it feels during the session? You shouldn't be thinking about the info you have, except for to distinguish where to record it on your paper. Concentrate and focus on the target, and be happy with whatever info comes in, but your focus shouldn't be on whether it feels strange, your focus should be on, 'is this AOL or s4.5 or AOL/s, or T, or I, etc'.

~My unconscious

Fri May 07, 2010 10:40 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Ed Dames wrote:
Prompting for more information?

Not sure if that statement was intended to be ironic.

SSBP:Mirny diamond mine in Siberia: heavy equipment, money, jewelry, ice

SSBV: Mirny diamond mine in Siberia: big ol' conical hole in the ground with little structures along the sides

I always start with SSBP of course, but when I move to SSBV I get more plainly visible info about the site. However, S2s in SSBV come across as kinda flat. I realize what Aprilflowers is saying about thinking instead of just recording. But it's kinda hard to miss the "flat soda pop" feel of SSBV as a follow-on as opposed to the fresh S2s in the initial SSBP.

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Fri May 07, 2010 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Aban wrote:
But it's kinda hard to miss the "flat soda pop" feel of SSBV as a follow-on as opposed to the fresh S2s in the initial SSBP.

Noone said this would be easy.

The follow-on should feel just as fresh as the s2s in the initial SSBP. Okay, so I'm exaggerating a little. It doesn't have to feel fresh, but you need to continue following protocol and stay in structure. After a long time in session it will grow increasingly difficult to do so. This is the time where you feel more like you're having a fight with your unconscious mind. The answer is simple. Be objective, play the next piano note. It looks like you are getting clear pictures. At the end of session, you should start getting a better idea of what the target is, more specific data should start coming, but at this time, it is more crucial to know the different between a AOL, a Tangible, and an AOL/s. Study those sections of the forums.

~My unconscious

Fri May 07, 2010 1:59 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

I still don't understand what you're doing. Here are a couple of examples illustrating the correct procedure for such follow-on prompts:

From 100 meters above the target SSBV

From the center of the site SSBP

>S1 > S2 > S3 (analytical) > S4

(No S4 for target geometry work)

Fri May 07, 2010 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Ed Dames wrote:

That makes sense. I was always doing an S4 even on SSPV prompts. Guess I didn't pay attention to the SSBvisible wording.

My issue with the S2s is that, say on the initial SSBP I get textures of "smooth, slick, sticky, hard" I will have timing like this:

..smooth...........slick......sticky...................hard

but on the SSPV follow on it's more like:

.smooth...slick...sticky...fluffy...hard

timing is hard to get across in text! :)

Do you see what I'm getting at? It seems to quick and artificial in the second instance. And I always wonder if I'm actually getting more data or my unconscious is just rehashing what already transpired in the initial session.

Thanks for the input.

Fri May 07, 2010 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

The problem is that you're thinking about your S2 data. Just write it down. Do a search on 'scaffolding' with regards to S2 data.

Fri May 07, 2010 9:05 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

No S4 for target geometry work -- you are reconnecting to the site, so why shouldn't you pick up the same or similar S2s!? It's in S4 where the additional data appears.

Fri May 07, 2010 10:14 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

RVRobot wrote:
The problem is that you're thinking about your S2 data. Just write it down. Do a search on 'scaffolding' with regards to S2 data.

Does Scaffolding mean that the S2 is simply there to lead you to the more important data in s3 and s4? For example, the s2 may say "hairy, soft, etc" although the target is a statue of a person and by no means hairy. The s2 descriptors are scaffolding or leading the person in the target direction so to speak. Is this correct?

Our friend here is having a hard time with the data coming quickly in target geometry work. As Ed says, you are reconnecting to the site, so the info will be repeated and come quickly. It is supposed to come quickly so there is no problem here. As long as you AOL your clear visuals, and play the next note, you should be fine. In target geometry work the descriptors are usually more specific and higher level ideas, so this is why I said it is more crucial to understand the difference between T, AOL, and AOL/s. If you are too busy thinking about the difference between those and paying attention to structure, you won't have time to for your conscious mind to screw anything up.

~My unconscious

Wed May 12, 2010 11:19 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

aprilflowers wrote:
In target geometry work the descriptors are usually more specific and higher level ideas, so this is why I said it is more crucial to understand the difference between T, AOL, and AOL/s.

But when I'm doing S2s they are all still pretty basic words. S4 is the only place I would branch out into higher level stuff, correct?

Currently the 2 sessions where I experimented with SSBV I didn't get much difference between the SSBV work and the ST. It looks like the original site "connection" is what is carrying through to SSBV instead of a new perception of visible geometry.

If I am doing target geometry should I be doing something like an S4 before it instead of an S2?

Wed May 12, 2010 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Aban wrote:
If I am doing target geometry should I be doing something like an S4 before it instead of an S2?

Ed Dames wrote:

Target geometry work is concerned only with the physical shape and relative position of things from different points of view. The advanced percepts in S4 are completely unnecessary and irrelevant for that purpose.

Lessons from the Petting Zoo:
Lesson 27. Puppies that spend all day yapping never really learn to hunt.

Wed May 12, 2010 3:06 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Chartless wrote:

Target geometry work is concerned only with the physical shape and relative position of things from different points of view. The advanced percepts in S4 are completely unnecessary and irrelevant for that purpose.

The point I was getting at was related to:
aprilflowers wrote:
In target geometry work the descriptors are usually more specific and higher level ideas, so this is why I said it is more crucial to understand the difference between T, AOL, and AOL/s.

Where would I be writing these higher level ideas? It sounds logical that I would have better site contact by that time in session, but what form would that take? Just doing as "S2" and writing the type of things I would normally but in an S4 seems like "cheating".

Wed May 12, 2010 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Aban wrote:
Where would I be writing these higher level ideas? It sounds logical that I would have better site contact by that time in session, but what form would that take? Just doing as "S2" and writing the type of things I would normally but in an S4 seems like "cheating".

Your focus will be mostly on the signal line by the time you get to the target geometry section, so a higher percentage of your s2 descriptors will be pertaining to the target. The pictures you see in your head at the end of the target geometry (in the dimensions section), granted you stayed in structure all through your session, should be something you can draw, and not something you AOL. Is this correct?

~My unconscious

Wed May 12, 2010 5:13 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Place high level ideas and clear, unmoving images in the AOL column while recording descriptor words in S2, whether the prompt is SSBP or SSBV.

Wed May 12, 2010 11:00 pm
Profile WWW