It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:54 am

Movement prompt question 
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Movement prompt question
Hi Guys,

I’m interested in knowing if there is a follow-on prompt that lets me quickly go to another location and perceive that new location while in the same session.

I realize that there is a Something Should Be Visible (SSBV) prompt, but that moves me away and points me back at the original target.

And I also realize that I could cue another session, defining it at a specific distance from the original target. But that takes another 45 minutes and I’m looking to save time.

Would a “From 100 feet to the west of [X] Something Should be Perceibable” (SSBP) give me that distance location? Rather than an SSBV prompt?

My specific task involves a target which I believe is in Toronto, Canada. I would like to follow this up by moving East several different kilometer intervals, in which case I would keep finding water for several hundred kilometers.

Thanks a lot.
Nobodysfuel.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:03 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Movement prompt question
As long as you are still generally at the site you can use a Target Geometry prompt (SSBV) and just do S1-S4. Or you can jump straight into S6, but it will 'saturate' quickly (also requires higher level training).

If you really want to dig deep for data on a nearby target it's best to to a movement exercise followed by a full session.

In your specific circumstance, I would try doing a target geometry something like this:

From 50 m above and 100 m west of [x] SSBV (run S1-S3, follow up with S6 if you like)

This will help you identify a feature on satellite imagery.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

If I understand you correctly you want to continually use target geometries to keep moving in a direction away from the target?

so TG1 might be 100m north, TG2 might be 200m north, TG3 might be 400m north, TG4 might be 5000m north.

Bad idea. Once you get past a certain radius from the target you have left the target site and your quality of data is increasingly compromised if not outright wrong all the time (personal experience).

There is no short cut, you must run another session.

It is the same situation if you are on the target and want to know the source or origin. It necessitates generation of a whole new Freehand sketch and thus whole new session.

to reiterate, if you move a significant distance past the target site (I would measure that by 2-3 target diameters so you can't fudge the numbers), you must generate a new full session.

Hats off to your creativity to solve a problem through unconventional means though.

I would also caution you against a movement like "from 200 meters up the river"

UP means physically up. Up river and down river have a good chance of not working, for the same reason you can't use "market close" in a cue. CLOSE means something completely different and cannot be contextualized to mean when the market stops trading.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Thank you gentlemen.

I was afraid there was no silver bullet shortcut.

Nobodysfuel.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:34 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

You asked a very, very good question.

The only true way to truly find out whether "up river" or "up stream" works or not is to test it. My analysis was based on previous similar attempts, but individual cases may vary. Maybe the matrix will let it happen.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

nobodysfuel wrote:
I’m interested in knowing if there is a follow-on prompt that lets me quickly go to another location and perceive that new location while in the same session... Would a “From 100 feet to the west of [X] Something Should be Perceibable” (SSBP) give me that distance location? Rather than an SSBV prompt?

If you want more information on the original target, you would use one of these:

From 100 feet west of [X] SSBP
or
From 100 feet west of [X] SSBV

If you want information about a new target 100 feet west of [X], you would use one of these:

100 feet west of [X] SSBP
or
100 feet west of [X] SSBV

Do you see the difference? The first set of prompts, regardless of whether you use SSBP or SSBV, looks at the original target from a new perspective. The second set of prompts, also regardless of whether you use SSBV or SSBP, looks at an entirely new target located 100 feet west of [X]. And in the second case, since it is an entirely new target, you will have to do a new S3 freehand sketch and site template.

Lessons from the Petting Zoo:
Lesson 27. Puppies that spend all day yapping never really learn to hunt.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:44 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Thanks Chartless,

This now looks familiar to me. Although this movement method would also still require a ST and be approximately 45 mins. in length. Based on my RV administrative style, I would probably write out a new cue with a fresh TRN. But I do appreciate the help.

In my specific case, I'm looking for a family heirloom book, which can only be in Montreal, Ottawa, or Toronto. My thinking was to hop quickly East from the target - 10 kms, then 50 kms, then 80 kms. If my new locations were open water each time, then it rules out Montreal and Ottawa. But 3 separate sessions are not the end of the world. (I am also using Geoloc, but finding it slow).

The only reason, btw, why I thought such a movement was possible is that the first method of RV that I learned (because I had not yet heard of Ed Dames) included movements like this. Though, I never knew whether they were effective or not.

Nobodysfuel.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:36 pm