It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:08 am

Stock picking 
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post Stock picking
I have an idea for stock picks, and I need a few folks to participate. I've put together a spreadsheet and have inserted an image to into 20-30 worksheets named after stock tickers. These stocks are mainly small caps and biotechs that often have sudden swings in share price. The idea is to get in and out of the stock quickly and take advantage of volatility. Buying before close on Friday and selling before close the following Friday. Then rolling over that amount to the next week's pick.

We could do this every week, or every other week depending on enthusiasm. It's up to you whether you want to invest or just treat this as an exercise. We can track a hypothetical $5K and see how it does vs. the S&P.

This would probably work best through email, as there will be a considerable number of files that will need to be sent. Let's just see if there's interest first. Then we can agree on the best cue--I have a first attempt. If I get at least 5 people, we can exchange email addresses and begin.

A little a about me: I'm an active investor and have vetted all the stocks I'm using. Some of them I currently have a position in. I have done the RV DVD course, and have been practicing off and on for quite a while. While I have moments of success, I've been inconsistent. Still working on it. While I spend some time on the community board, I don't often log in.

Personally, I'm homing in on retirement, and I don't need the money. But I see this as a way to help out people and organizations that I care about. This seems like a practical way to use RV for the overall good and make a little money along the way.

Thu May 24, 2018 2:02 am