It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:20 am

Cueing Experiments Using Dates, Times, and Numbers 
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Cueing Experiments Using Dates, Times, and Numbers
I propose to do a series of experiments to answer some questions about the utility of using times, dates, and numbers in cues. I'd like to run these experiments over a period of a month or more. I have several cues to test. Anyone interested in participating can start with this TRN:

[ 7197 / 9887 ]

Further Front Loading for them that wants it:

The cue has not been inspected or approved by anyone associated with Ed Dames or LearnRV.com, but is a simple modification of one of the practice cues suggested on DVD-3. The TRN and cue are written on a 3x5 index card in an envelope marked with the TRN. The envelope is in a drawer of my filing cabinet. There will be photgraphic feedback. Cue and feedback will be revealed when at least 4 people have posted Site Templates.

Lessons from the Petting Zoo:
Lesson 27. Puppies that spend all day yapping never really learn to hunt.

Tue May 08, 2007 2:18 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Quote:
The TRN and cue are written on a 3x5 index card in an envelope marked with the TRN. The envelope is in a drawer of my filing cabinet. No reference material was used in preparing the cue, but there will be photgraphic feedback.

The suggested experiment with times, dates and numbers is interesting. However, if the photograph is not included as Target Reference Material in the envelope with the written cue, it has no place as feedback. This will only further confuse the unconscious mind which is attempting to clarify just what it is sensing through practice and accurate feedback.

Cuing is obviously a major problem for most RV students, as we can see here. I continue to be amazed at how many people want to change the protocols.

Tue May 08, 2007 2:29 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

I'll participate and see how it goes. Always up for expirimenting.

Tue May 08, 2007 2:36 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Gee, Cosimo. You ought to know the difference between target reference material and feedback by now. Since you're wrong about that, I wonder what else you're wrong about?

MultLnV, welcome aboard. I hope we learn something useful.

Tue May 08, 2007 2:47 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

You are mistaken. With the type of target you discussed above, Target Reference Material and feedback are the same thing or it’s not RV.

Tue May 08, 2007 3:57 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Quote:
The TRN and cue are written on a 3x5 index card in an envelope marked with the TRN. The envelope is in a drawer of my filing cabinet. No reference material was used in preparing the cue, but there will be photgraphic feedback. (Bold type added by Cosimo for emphasis.)

He then changed it to:

Quote:
The TRN and cue are written on a 3x5 index card in an envelope marked with the TRN. The envelope is in a drawer of my filing cabinet. There will be photgraphic feedback.

While editing is good, I hope you have recued this target with the proper chain of custody and with new TRNs as well. Otherwise fellow students are in for a colossal waste of time.

Tue May 08, 2007 6:14 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Well, well. A waste of time? Interesting statement.

This is an experiment. There is a possibility that the cue is completely invalid.

If one or more of the participants hits the target, the experiment succeeds by indicating that the cueing technique may be valid. In this case, no one will have wasted their time. We will have collected important data.

Likewise, if nobody hits the target, the experiment succeeds by indicating that the cueing technique may be invalid. And in this case also, no one will have wasted their time. We will have collected important data.

While it may be possible that all participants might miss the target even if the cue is valid, or that someone might hit the target even if the cue is invalid, the only way the experiment can really fail is if nobody participates. In that case I am the only one who has wasted his time. Cosimo's previous post seems aimed at producing just exactly this failure by discouraging the participation of willing viewers. Congratulations, cosimo. Whatever your motive, in my judgement you have succeeded in poisoning this experiment, or at least this target in the series.

In order to save the experiment I am willing to put all my cards on the table. I will explain the purpose of the experiment. I will reveal the cue for [7197/9887] and explain how the cue was derived. I will reveal the feedback photo and explain why it is feedback and not target reference. I'll explain why I edited my first post. Then I'll propose a new experimental cue, as well as a control cue, right out in the open where everyone can see the process, and we can all discuss the suitability of the cue.

The purpose of this target was to produce data indicating whether or not a written date can be successfully used as a temporal qualifier in a valid cue. I chose a suggested practice cue from DVD-3 as the base cue and modified it.

The original cue suggested on DVD-3: Next Day/USA Today Newspaper/Front Page/Primary Photo

I changed USA Today to THE ARIZONA REPUBLIC because USA Today often uses charts or drawings on its front page instead of actual pictures. Then I appended /target reference to the cue as suggested by Ed Dames for reasons explained in this thread:

http://www.rvcommunity.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8b9ecd666e

(Hope that worked. I've never pasted a shortcut in here before.)
My next step was to replace the temporal qualifier "Next Day" with the temporal qualifier "May 4, 2007" I chose May 4 because I felt the target for that day would be interesting, and I hoped to ensure that participants in the experiment would not be so bored with the target that their minds would wonder off to the next bright and shiny doorknob in the neighborhood. Here is a picture of the final cue as it was written on the 3x5 card:

I placed the card in the envelope without any target reference material. As cosimo noted, I commented on this in my original post, then edited the statement out. I did this because the words "target reference" appear on the card as part of the cue, and I felt that might confuse people who didn't quite understand the meanings of "feedback" and "target reference" material. It seems I was right, but I probably should have left it as it was. My apologies for the additional opportunity for confusion that my edit allowed.

Here is a link to the feedback photo:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i176/ ... 9887FB.jpg

The photo is a picture of the front page of the THE ARIZONA REPUBLIC newspaper for May 4, 2007. Because the cue designates the main photo as target reference, everything in the feedback photo that is not the main photo is also not target reference. If it were placed in the envelope with the cue, everything in the picture that has nothing to do with the target could have provided misdirection and interference with the actual target. This photo of the newspaper is therefore feedback, not target reference.(The target is not the paper, understand? The target is whatever your mind is directed to by the main photo on the front page of the paper, but not the paper itself.)

I hope I've answered all of your questions.

Now, how to save the experiment? I like the idea for the original cue. How about we run a similar cue with a date from the future for a temporal qualifier? Instead of being in my drawer, the cue will reside right here on the forum, so cosimo doesn't have to worry about any monkey business or hanky panky with the target reference material. We'll pick a date two weeks or so in the future. How about Monday, May 22, 2007? With new TRNs, here is the new cue:

[6444/7919]Monday, May 22, 2007/THE ARIZONA REPUBLIC newspaper/front page/primary photo/target reference

And then, as a sort of control, I'm going to ask everyone who participates to also do a session on Sunday, May 21, 2007 using this cue:

[0115/4706]Next Day/THE ARIZONA REPUBLIC newspaper/front page/primary photo/target reference

Please post STs for [6444/7919] before Sunday, May 21, and post STs for [0115/4706] on Sunday, the same day that you run the session. Please make sure that the TRNs used and the session end time and date are visible on the ST. I will post a photo of the front page of the paper by Monday afternoon, May 22.

Any questions, comments, or suggestions?

Tue May 08, 2007 11:40 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Interesting experiment. I am almost positive this will not work. But I have, on rare occasion, been wrong. :wink:

I can see now why you would not have target reference material in the envelope.

I might try this experiment with the Arizona Republic as well, since I also live in the Valley of the Sun. However, I would only trust data that I did in the blind. I could not objectively participate in this target front loaded. So I will have to make the temporal qualifier far enough ahead to make sure I get to it in my blind target pool. My pool is large right now and I do only one target a day (at best).

I will put the temporal qualifier at the end of the cue, as I think that has the best chance of success.

[Arizona Republic newpaper / front page / main photo / (date) ]

You made an early statement about conscious beliefs in another thread:

Quote:
If YOU don't believe it works, your conscious mind will probably never allow it to work for YOU. A self fulfilling prophecy, as it were.

Conscious beliefs have very little, if anything, to do with Remote Viewing. As long as the Viewer sticks to protocol, they will get accurate data. If someone is prejudiced against something, as I am about this temporal qualifier, there is any easy way to get around that: the blind target. Your conscious mind cannot interfere with the data when it doesn’t know what the target is. That is the wonderful thing about Remote Viewing.

I can’t tell you how many times I have been convinced I knew about something or someone only to be humbled by the devastatingly clear RV data. The protocols allow us to stay detached and objective. And that is what sets Remote Viewers apart from the Soothsayers.

Wed May 09, 2007 4:11 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Im in. Can we create a new thread that is not so glarinly frontloaded? At least I can fool my conscious mind into not knowing what the target is.

Wed May 09, 2007 2:14 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Strictly speaking, we have not talked about the target at all. As the Major points out in this thread, the range of possible targets is so wide that it really is only pseudo-frontloaded. The only thing you really know about the target is that it might be associated with a newsworthy event. But then again, it is the Arizona Republic, so it might not have any newsworthy content at all. :lol:

http://www.rvcommunity.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8b9ecd666e

Remember: The newspaper is NOT the target. It is only the place where the photo will appear that our mind will use for target reference. The target is a complete unknown at this time.

Wed May 09, 2007 8:35 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Chartless, do you care if I do two sessions on this and post both? If my data is bad it might be me and not the cue's fault you know? I hope the scans aren't to big.

Since this is an important expirment I think I should post my freehand sketch too.

[6444/7919]

ST & Freehand below

oops wrong date it's 5 / 9 :) I fixed it on paper just not the scan. Also I signed my name but marked it out on scan.

the S4.5 says "Range like open land, vast. I have the world people on the right side of my ST. but im not sure where it goe. I error trapped ' Docks'.

I have people, an event, structures, a spiral staircase, housing, concept of facination and outdoors.

Last edited by MultiLnV on Fri May 11, 2007 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu May 10, 2007 2:03 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

You can run [6444/7919] as many times as you want and post them all. Just remember that [0115/4706] has to be run and posted on Sunday, May 21 to be valid.

Fri May 11, 2007 5:38 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Tue May 15, 2007 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Good news, I got my session done for [ 6444 / 7919 ].

Bad news, apparently I don't know how to read a calendar. I just got a PM from MultiLnV pointing out that Monday is May 21. As you can see above, I wrote the cue for [ 6444 / 7919 ] with a day and date that don't match. If that doesn't invalidate the cue I don't know what would.

For what it's worth, here is my ST for [ 6444 / 7919 ]:

Fri May 18, 2007 11:24 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

For anyone who isn't thoroughly disgusted with me yet, here is my last ditch effort on this experiment. Please note the day and date correspond properly in this new cue, unlike the day and date in the cue for [ 6444 / 7919 ]. MultiLnV-thank you for finding this error.

[ 9798 / 0291 ] Monday, May 21, 2007/THE ARIZONA REPUBLIC newspaper/front page/primary photo/target reference

Fri May 18, 2007 11:38 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

If the matrix does not recognize dates and time, then how is it possible that this cue will work?

Sat May 19, 2007 1:15 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

I'll do the new target asap, We still need to do [ 0115 / 4706 ] Sunday right?

Vintech, I believe that's what this experiment is about to test and see if we can get accurate data or not.

Sat May 19, 2007 2:02 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

On one of my analytical sketches I Aol'ed field goal post. In an S4 I got the AOL of that again, and after that I got the impression of large men so during my Error trapping I realize Large men probably meant football players because of that AOL. I didn't trust it so I error trapped Large men, Inside with EI: Of Strong, Happy and excited. However, the EI: open to new experiences I do trust. I forgot to label it on my ST, I will go back and do that.

There's a structure, thing and object, that is closed . AOL/S Like a Glassy monument I feel Strong, Happy, Delighted and Proud. Someone or something is open to new experiences at this site. Error trapped (Large men Inside EI, strong, happy, excited)

This structure may have pattern-like colors with it. ...

Sat May 19, 2007 6:09 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

I'll be gone for the [Canadian long] weekend, so I guess I'll be left out of this round unless the target can be pushed back a day or two.

Sat May 19, 2007 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

RVRobot -- I can hold off posting the feedback for a few days if you'd like. No problem there.

Vintech -- MultiLnV is right. The whole point of this experiment is to develop some evidence one way or another about the value, or lack of value, of using a date in a cue. There is a possibility the cue is bogus. Time is slippery. Why don't you give this cue a shot? Even if this cueing technique works for one person in a million, you'll never know if it works for you if you don't try it.

MultiLnV -- Thanks for sticking with me. Here's my S2 and ST for [ 9798 / 0291 ]

As usual, i have no idea what I'm looking at.

Sat May 19, 2007 9:33 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Nice ST Chartless, I'm curious as to how my data goes with yours. Should we explore an element or two and see exactly what we have? oddly enough, I see a couple similar items between your old ST and your new.

Sun May 20, 2007 1:05 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

I don't want to get side tracked on this. The whole purpose of this experiment is to see if there is any value in using a date in the written cue. I'm hoping that exploring elements will not be necessary -- when I open tomorrow's AZ Republic to the front page it will point us to a target that matches or doesn't match the STs.

I would be more interested in similarities between an ST for [ 9798 / 0291 ] and an ST for [ 0115 / 4706 ] that would indicate a remote viewer was looking at the same target for the two different cues. I must say that I don't see much similarity between my STs for the two TRNs. Speaking of which, here is my S3 Freehand Sketch and my ST for [ 0115 / 4706 ]

I'm really looking forward to getting the paper tomaorrow!

Mon May 21, 2007 12:06 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Some of this AOL/S should have been Intangibles most likely. I think I blew this target.
I appoligize for sloppy writing :)

There's a structure / building here part of it appears to be loose. there's a fragrance here of some kind. ( Note all of the following AOL/S werent for the same aspect by the way) AOL/S Newly reformed AOL/S Monument AOL/S Built in 1803, AOL/S Seven, S4.5 Structure with a circular bottom I perceived vibration along with this structure.

There's emotions at this site, but no visible lifeforms, curious, alive, happy, charismatic, joyful, resentment (AOL/S protest should have been AOL, I wrote it backwards on my ST by mistake) The structure appears to be colorful. There maybe plants in or around this structure.

I feel Lost, afraid, like im wondering, Happy, curious, familiar, giving, amused, forceful, gross, sympathetic, weird and unusual throughout this session also AI: Quitting(probably wrong)

I error trapped Mercury, traffic, and abide by the law.

Mon May 21, 2007 4:11 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Chartless, not that I care but it looks like your S3 says S2, thats a mistake?

And actually I do see similar things in both of your ST's. I also see common things in both of mine. However, I see very few things in common between you and I. I think we grabbed different perspectives is all. Yours reminds me of construction, both of them.

Mon May 21, 2007 4:48 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

You are correct, MultLnV. My S3 Freehand Sketch is, in fact, labeled S2. One more pathetic structural error by the goat-boy. Egads.

I have seen today's AZ Republic newspaper and prepared feedback photos. I won't say anything more about it until we hear from RVRobot.

Mon May 21, 2007 6:22 pm