It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:15 pm

Splitting Hairs over the use of the word EVENT 
Extreme User
Extreme User

Post Splitting Hairs over the use of the word EVENT
I have this in my notes on cues I believe derived from Major Dame'es excellent Disaster DVD.

Remember that while "event" seems to work properly for future, unnamed targets, you should never use it on named targets, future or especially past cues (ref. the Major regarding this topic).

Fred Bloggs and Joe Soap are in the middle of a dispute which has turned into moments of "hot and cold war". Trying to figure what Joe Soap will do next Fred creates the following cue.

[nnnn\nnnn]Fred Bloggs Joe Soap\relationship\next event

I have named two (completely false) people. They are very specifically relating to each other and could be described as being in a relationship.

Would this breach the above quoted convention on the word event?

Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:32 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Splitting Hairs over the use of the word EVENT
Cue fail.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Extreme User
Extreme User

Thanks for the reply Ed, my intention was to develop a Cue that would show where and what the next significant activity would be in a relationship-contest. It would be nothing as dramatic or attention evoking as a catastrophy- disaster event.

Reaching back to the more open natured Cue the other concept I had with this is

[nnnn\nnnn]Fred Bloggs-Joe Soap\Optimum Trajectory

Ed you have mentioned before that the matrix will be disposed to always give us essentially what we need, If the Cue points the enquiry in the right direction. What I am seeking is what the elusive Cue word would be that would focus the matrix to get more specific research detail. For example Ed often cites the difference between gold treasure and just the word treasure on it's own.

I am sure that the above Cue will give me a good useful but somewhat general answer, taking things to S6 will enable me to focus on aspects shown up in the Site Template. All of which is great.

However in a particulalrly complex target however such as an ongoing legal dispute, the more specific and less general things are the better, as they say the Devil is in the detail. I am just trying to bring about the maximum declaration of detail. My purpose is like a military one; the analogy would be, I know where the enemy's next attack is going to take place but the better my knowledge of not just the oncoming encounter but the 360 degrees of possibilities to respond, the better the result will be for me.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:34 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

The first cue is disconcatenated. Regardless, the 'next event' could be simply an admin phone call, etc.

The second one is highly problematic, but you could give it a shot.

What you really seem to be chasing is essentially one entity's optimum trajectory vis-à-vis the hypothetical relationship at hand.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:57 pm
Profile WWW
Extreme User
Extreme User

Thanks Ed that is a very interesting and much appreciated reply. The objective definition,

“What you really seem to be chasing is essentially one entity's optimum trajectory vis-à-vis the hypothetical relationship at hand.”

clarifies things very well.

Getting back to my first post in this thread, if the next event is just an admin call (which is possible but not very likely), then that too, could worked be to S6 find out the hidden, purposes or causes of the call. Adding the word significant could raise the focus above the generally mundane. I am inspired to work this using the Cue

[nnnn\nnnn]Fred Bloggs Joe Soap/relationship/ next significant event

The specific situation at hand incidentally, is much at a stage of a Mexican stand off, knowing what and when the other guy is intending to draw could easily shake, make or break things.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:56 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

From your perspective, that is...not necessarily from the 'view' of the Matrix.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:17 am
Profile WWW
Extreme User
Extreme User

I think I have got it just take out the word relationship!

S :lol: the cue should read

[nnnn\nnnn]Fred Bloggs Joe Soap\ Next Significant Event

This should be general enough to include the next Tidal Wave or Earth Quake but hopefully will offer up details about the confrontation between them, if that is the significant thing that catches the matrix's eye, so to speak.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:41 am