It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:53 pm

Dimensional attributes of "Location" 
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Dimensional attributes of "Location"
I am working a few personal targets that use the word "location", and some of my immediate feedback suggests that the word is a bit larger in area than I once thought. It would appear that it encapsulates, according to my feedback, a couple of square miles. Perhaps, it is just so for my most current project, but I can not be 100% sure. I need more research into the actual result of the term. Perhaps it varies from site to site dependent upon the sought after answer. It is also entirely possible that I have yet to work the project down enough to conclusively define the area for my given cue. My current definition is reliant upon two large sessions and the resulting Target Geometries of the given "location"

As there are known specific definitions for terms such as: "short-term","long-term", "residence", and "home". As a result of my findings, I am currently wondering about the term "location".

I am curious as to whether or not someone here may be able to confirm or invalidate my current view of the term? I am hoping someone is willing to share their information in regards to the term.

I tried to use the search function, but it too has suffered some damage from whatever happened to the site a few days ago.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:09 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Dimensional attributes of "Location"
/pinpoint location

Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

I believe you are correct DaingMaing.

From what I've seen "location" seems to suck in elements intended to assist location determination. This can take the form of [X] being a geometrical church steeple beside a community center lot [A], when the actual location was the community center.

A more extreme situation that has come up in session has been a hydroelectric plant when the actual target was about 25 miles away. In that instance, however, the plant was the only widely recognizable feature in otherwise trackless forest.

So my best guess is that the aperture that "location" returns is stretched until it pulls in a recognizable feature to assist problem solving. If you are just looking for you car keys, you might get a particular piece of furniture as opposed to the water tower near your house...for instance. "location" seems to have a type of situational awareness.

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:23 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Thank you for your insights, Ed and Nathan.

It appears that I have a geological "center" from the base session, and then I had another session zero in on a particular area of note that is about 2 miles away; Giving me the two mile radius. Both sessions being based around the term "location".

It appears that I have some cue reworking to do. I truly appreciate your help Major. That modifier/qualifier will come in handy for certain.

Thanks!

Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:02 pm