It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:02 pm

Need a cue; I'm looking for an agent 
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Need a cue; I'm looking for an agent
My optimum trajectory is to carry on working on a novel. What I need to know next is who (and where) is going to be my agent, or the person to contact about publishing. I don't know what to call him or her because it could be a literary agent, a publisher or even a self publisher. I think a cue like
Norbert77/ optimum trajectory/ __________ would work, but what would I call a person like that... A book agent?

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:48 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Re: Need a cue; I'm looking for an agent
I might suggest something like

your name/optimum trajectory/publisher

Leave it open, somewhat, and let the Matrix guide you to a person and/or a company.

And if I may offer some general advice..
Have another skilled viewer confirm your results before going further. Have them run your optimum trajectory blind. Then consider having some amount of trust in the universe to lead you to the specific people/places/things that will augment/facilitate each step of your journey. It's simply not feasible to run a new session every time you have a question about your next meeting, next phone call, next mate's morning breakfast, etc. Get the general idea/suggestion from the Matrix by running your optimum trajectory, pursue those suggestions (which now would become goals) by planning and acting while trusting that help will find you each step of the way. Let there be some amount of mystery in your life. It makes it interesting!

Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:44 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

True, but it could be an editor, manager, literary agent that I need. Too many new auors get screwed on their first deal I want to avoid that since I have 5 years of evenings and weekends tied up in this

maybe my optimum trajectory regarding this project is to stalk Stephen King and get him to endorse it.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:19 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

A:
Norbert77 wrote:
My optimum trajectory is to carry on working on a novel.

B:
Quote:
What I need to know next is who (and where) is going to be my agent, or the person to contact about publishing.

Norbert, these seem to me to be two separate things. I am curious if the OT was two parted indicating writing and publishing? Would it be possible to do follow on work (retask from your ST) to find the answer? Or even to redo the OT after the novel?

I ask because there exists the possibility that the adventure of writing a novel is a worthy journey in and of it's self.

Mon May 12, 2014 4:07 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

I have a few months of work on the novel. But I'd like to get started on looking for my publisher before it is done so that when I'm ready I can send it off straight away. Helping to narrow down my publisher will also let me know if it's published or self published as more will go into one than the other. If self published I will need to do another Draft where a publisher has an editor that will do it.

Mon May 12, 2014 3:39 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Just to start, I'd try this:

Your Name/optimum literary agent

Run the full session, and any follow up work you think is necessary. Then grab a current copy of GUIDE TO LITERARY AGENTS and read it from cover to cover. (Use your site template as a book mark while you read.) If you haven't found your agent by then, get a current copy of WRITER'S MARKET and read the pertinent sections in there.

And don't forget to finish writing your novel!

Good Luck!

Lessons from the Petting Zoo:
Lesson 27. Puppies that spend all day yapping never really learn to hunt.

Fri May 30, 2014 3:39 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Today is my last day, I took three months off to finish it (and do some more rv work and training)

Fri May 30, 2014 5:53 pm