It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:18 pm

Cues assistance 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Cues assistance
Hi All,
Would this be considered an effective, simple and elegant cue?

[nnnn/nnnn] Name/most recently drawn/tattoo

My friend is a tattoo artist and I am aiming to do a session on his most recently finished tattoo (where he is doing the tattooing).

Thanks in advance for the help.
~Nathan

Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:23 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Re: Cues assistance
[nnnn/nnnn] Name's newest tattoo
[nnnn/nnnn] Name's most recent tattoo

Either of those is the way I would go.. short and elegant.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:55 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Sorry. I misread the last part of your post.

My two suggested cues might get you what you want, depending on how the Matrix responds to the search term/word idea tattoo and its connection to an owner/wearer/bearer/designer. But I would go with:

[nnnn/nnnn] Name's most recent tattoo design or Name's most recently designed tattoo

If that works try blowing his mind with:

Name's next tattoo design

Have a little fun and see if you can avoid (or cause) a paradox with that one.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:58 am
Advanced User
Advanced User

Thanks!
I did a session today based on your modified post. I'm a bit confused on when and where to put the slashes in a cue (i.e. Gross/detail). Do we use them when there are obvious breaks in the detail of the subject?

Much obliged,
~Nathan

Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:32 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Cue construction - example and explanation
Cueing can be difficult to teach/understand, at least online. I refer you back to Ed's DVD lecture example of a Google search. And the above cue needs no slashes. Generally, you want to avoid having to use those if possible. You don't want to make the cue any more complex, vague or ambiguous.

The slashes separate qualifiers. Whatever is written on the right side of a slash qualifies or helps to specify whatever is on the left of that same slash. And you will notice that there is usually, if not always, a noun just before a slash. In fact, the last word in a cue (and the target) is always a noun. A person, place, thing or idea.

Cue construction: Gross/general/specific/detailed

Let's deconstruct the following cue:
My house / largest downstairs room / most significant structural threat / location

There are, of course, many ways to attack this problem but this untested and formulated cue is to demonstrate cue construction. Let's assume we just go with the very gross section of this cue.
[nnnn/nnnn] My house --- If I were to use this cue I can expect to sketch and describe a structure, maybe there will be people in the session, maybe not. What might this cue tell me that I don't already know? Probably not much unless there happens to be something very significant about the house that I never knew, like buried treasure in the yard or something paranormal. So now let's add a qualifier to the cue to be more specific.
[nnnn/nnnn] My house / largest downstairs room --- Now I am zeroing in a certain room in a certain house. Which house? My house. Which room? The largest downstairs room. So great, I download information about a room. What do I want to know about the room? Let's add another qualifier and see what happens.
[nnnn/nnnn] My house / largest downstairs room / most significant structural threat --- Ok, so now you have My house which is qualified by largest downstairs room which is even further qualified by most significant structural threat. Now I can hopefully expect to download information about a threat to a specific room's structural integrity, that is if I have spent my time well formulating a good enough cue with Matrix search terms that will most likely and logically work. Remember, if two or more skilled/experienced viewers agree on a cue then most of the time it's probably good. Ok, so now I may have downloaded information about a threat. Maybe there's a leak somewhere with rotting wood. Maybe there's a support beam that's about to crumble. Maybe my session depicts the idea of aging. I have to be able to analyze and interpret my work, remember. What do my results mean? Is there a significant threat now? Suppose my session data shows an expanding crack of some sort. What else will help me to identify and solve a problem here? Let's add the last qualifier
[nnnn/nnnn]My house / largest downstairs room / most significant structural threat / location --- Now in the end, I am targeting a location. A location is the target here. Which location? The Matrix librarian 'looks' back to the left of the cue to see just what the term location is qualifying. Ah! The Matrix librarian sees that you want to know about the location of a most significant structural threat. But structural threat to what? Where? The Empire State Building? Again, the Matrix librarian checks further and sees that you mean a specific room, in your house.

You can also imagine that process in reverse. Say you metaphorically walk into the Matrix library and hand the librarian a card with the above fully constructed cue. He/she/it reads the card (your search request) and says "Ah, he wants information about his house. But what about the house? The largest downstairs room? What about it? Oh, most significant structural threat. If there is one, what about the threat? Does he want to know the origin of it? A solution or fix? Oh, I see he wants the location. Guess he plans to decide how to deal with it when he finds where it is. Let me go see what information I can pull for him. Hmmm.. coincidentally (or not?) I see there is a very affordable new house just a few miles away from where this guy lives. I think he would also be interested in this information about buying new real estate."

There's the process, forwards and backwards. Hopefully those examples will help new viewers understand how the Matrix responds to search requests. I also attempted to demonstrate what some of us see as the teaching/guiding side of the Matrix, with that last bit about the affordable new house. You can expect things like that to pop in a session sometimes. Especially if you have the word optimum somewhere in the cue or when performing a topical search.

The goal of the viewer is to save time and energy by constructing a cue that will get you the information you want with the least amount of work. Therefore specificity is important. But of course sometimes you will not want to be so specific. You may want to drop a qualifier or two and leave things a little open-ended to give the Matrix leeway and see what comes out. If you just used the cue My house you will get a structure and maybe ideas of living, leisure, dwelling, etc. but who knows just what else might come through? There may be information about an impending break in, a sewage leak, rising/lowering market prices, a fire... you just never know! Experiment. Whenever a problem presents itself take that as an opportunity to practice formulating/constructing a cue in your head to see how you would attack that problem with remote viewing.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:38 am
Advanced User
Advanced User

This helps,
I will go over my notes and check with the DVD set as well. I hope to get better at forming my own cues. The previous cues that I tried were duds so I want to learn the art well and break through the learning curve.
Thanks again,
Nathan

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:30 am