It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:15 am

A Pig 'n a Poke 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post A Pig 'n a Poke
I'm always looking for a little more 'edge' in my trading so I thought why not employ RV somehow. To avoid the obvious search term pitfalls (hi/lo/close), time problem, and self-enrichment biases, I thought running simply the S1 only of these two cues might help improve performance:

[xxxx/xxxx] Tomorrow's NYMEX Crude Oil Futures price movement
and
[xxxx/xxxx] My optimal short term trading strategy/tomorrow

The idea is that if I can get the 'zip file' ahead of time that the fusion of analysis and intuition in real-time during the trade session will be at least marginally better.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:04 am
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post Re: A Pig 'n a Poke
I would/have used [nnnn/nnnn] My optimum short-term investment

Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:28 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

At one time I would only run S1 to get the market fix. Worked well for about 60 days then, fatigue set in, making that approach useless. Novelty is great, don't get used to it.

Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:04 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

Thanks K, that is helpful. Could you elaborate on the concept of 'fatigue' please? Are you saying your unconscious stops caring about the content of particular searches? Or did you consciously stop wanting to run the sessions perhaps out of developing certain beliefs about the process?

Herewulf -- The reason I did not choose the term 'investment' in the cue is because it would seem to imply a single transaction, whereas daytrading typically entails several 'round turns' per day. If the price action and my trade style are in alignment, I would not want to limit my activity to a single-shot approach.

Thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:52 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Quote:
Herewulf -- The reason I did not choose the term 'investment' in the cue is because it would seem to imply a single transaction, whereas daytrading typically entails several 'round turns' per day. If the price action and my trade style are in alignment, I would not want to limit my activity to a single-shot approach.

I personally do not play the market, so my thoughts might be irrelevant. However, I think the cue "optimum short-term investment" does not limit to any single-shot approach. Rather, your results might show you something else which could provide a more profitable investment than trading.
On a personal note, I ran "optimum short-term investment" blind and my S.T. I had a local gas station I typically purchase lotto tickets at. Decided why not, went and bought a ticket, won $175, not a lot, but more than what I had before.

A possible variation (I have not tried but just thought of) [nnnn/nnnn] My optimum investment/tomorrow or [nnnn/nnnn] Next day's optimum short term investment

Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:18 pm