It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:28 pm

Making Multiple Analytic Sketchs 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Making Multiple Analytic Sketchs
In back to back sessions I looked over my S3-Analytical (S3-A) to add spontaneous archetypes and felt that I really mucked the S3-A up and needed to resketch it. The first time I took a quick break and just resumed the session only to find that indeed I had mucked it. The next time I, crossed out the page, turned it over on the stack, and started over. Is this an O.K. protocol? If so, should I re-number the new S3-A (i.e. Have two page 6's)or continue to the next page number? Any caveats I am not thinking of?

Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:03 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Making Multiple Analytic Sketchs
RossU wrote:
In back to back sessions I looked over my S3-Analytical (S3-A) to add spontaneous archetypes and felt that I really mucked the S3-A up and needed to resketch it.-

That is perfectly fine, and happens all the time.

RossU wrote:
The first time I took a quick break and just resumed the session only to find that indeed I had mucked it. The next time I, crossed out the page, turned it over on the stack, and started over. Is this an O.K. protocol? If so, should I re-number the new S3-A (i.e. Have two page 6's)or continue to the next page number? Any caveats I am not thinking of?

Next time, you don't need to 'Break', just throw the page to the floor or turn it over(do not continue to cross anything out). Then re-number the new page like the old one and continue re-sketching the S3[A].

When you cross things out like that your are inviting a bevy of issues to show up; most likely breaking contact with the signal line. When you do that, you are placing emphasis on the fact that you messed something up. You need to be emphasizing to your unconscious
when you don't mess something up.

Just calmly turn the page over or pitch it to the floor next to you, and continue re-doing the sketch like you never messed up in the first place.

*This does not apply to all/any mistakes in structure and is really unique to the issue you are describing. Do not take this advice and apply it to other problems; then expect better results.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:48 pm