It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:59 am

Archetypes in Freehand Sketch 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post Archetypes in Freehand Sketch
I knew: right angle is man-made structure, wavy line-water, circle-life
form or something round, straight line-land and from review of disc1 using arrows can denote motion. In a of the review of one my practice sessions I was told an incomplete circle usually meant a deceased person. Are there other archetypes that I have missed or should know about?

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:08 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Archetypes in Freehand Sketch
You are mixing up S1 standard ideograms with S3 archetype responses. What a mess...

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

You should look into the definitions of both terms and report back what you find and what you have learned.

Use the search function. This has been asked several times before.

strubinger1 wrote:
In a of the review of one my practice sessions I was told an incomplete circle usually meant a deceased person.

Actual posting here:
DaingMaing wrote:
- When you feel that you are drawing a circle, you need to complete the circle. Now there are examples where a broken circle is valid information, however, upon looking at the feedback photo for this target. the circle should have been completed. A broken circle sometimes can mean a deceased life form, among other things as well. In this case it was not.

You have taken the information out of context.

strubinger1 wrote:
Are there other archetypes that I have missed or should know about?

I think that you are putting the cart before the horse here, Roger.

This is nothing personal, but you should be more worried about making the corrections to your structure before you delve into something like this.

When one keep digging in the forums for this particular information you will come across the suggestion that any further research or investigation into what archetypes you should know about; will only hold you back at this point in your development.

There were others before me that tried to walk down this road and still have issues several years later because they tried the route you are looking to travel down. Stop, and just worry about your structure. Once you perfect the structure, everything else will follow. I promise.

Keep at it and keep posting it.

Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:03 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

As for the defintions, an ideogram is a spontaneous mark produced within 2 seconds of writing the TRNs in S1[site] or the prompt in S1[aspect]. This is the body's autonomic response to unconscious signal and contains a kind of zip file information of the target and connects the autonomic nervous system to the target. Its a scribble.
An archetype differs in that it is a constantly recurring symbol representing an unconscious idea or pattern of thought universally present in individual psyches. These are used in s3[site] free hand sketch. Some examples were given by Ed in the feedback of Target1 Disc1.

Because there is no written list, I didn't know if the examples he gave orally in that feedback completed the list. I didn't know I was going down a certain road. I'll use the search button in the future find info, continue to focus on structure, and keep posting sessions.

Daing Maing, I'm sorry I took your comments out of context, it was not intentional.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:55 am