It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:00 pm

The Sketch Is Difficult 
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post The Sketch Is Difficult
When I sat down to do lesson one, I followed the protocol to the best of my ability. An idiogram flowed immediately after writing the target reference numbers, and the descriptors came just as quickly. I didn't even look at the list, since it wasn't convenient to look at, and the words seemed to flow quickly enough. I even jotted down a couple of AOL's which were indeed junk. Everything seemed to go along peachy, until stage 3...

I couldn't find any commanality at all with my [x] sketch and the picture I was later shown. Now, the [a] and [b] were obviously a part of the picture, but there was nothing even remotely like what I had labled [x]. I got a bit flustered, since as I continued to lesson 2, I learned that it is the [x] target that we focus on for the more detailed sketch, and had I went with my choice, I would have been way off base.

I was wondering what some of the reasons were for the blunder. My descriptors and dimensions were well over 80% accurate, so could what I labled [x] actually be a product of an undischarged AOL, something my mind wasn't doing right, or a failure to follow the protocol?

I also noticed that, in a previous inquiry here about the sketch, a student was told not to go back and look at the descriptors or dimensions, as it could create a problem... but in my case, after reviewing what I put down on my list, if I had skimmed it first, I am pretty certain my 15 second sketch would have been a lot more accurate.

Thanks again for offering this forum, I feel that it will help me immensely, and I look forward to reading your response.

Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:55 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post sketch difficulty
yeah, I had the same problem on my 4th target from the DVD. My freehand sketch was accurate enough but very abstract and I really had to reach to see the aspects of the targets.

It is my understanding that the sketch should flow onto the paper like the descriptors do, the difficulty for me seems to be converting the dimensions into line data. Aa a result my analytical sketch was way off.

any thoughs from the Pros?

-Troy

Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:29 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Remember: a session cannot be subject to analysis until it is complete, i.e., until the Site Template has been finished. Only then can you begin to effectively compare your data with available feedback. Do not try to see anything in those S3 archetypes, particularly at the beginner's level. You are looking at a work-in-progress, only.

Carry on.

Ed

Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:58 pm
Profile WWW