It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:13 pm

my scetches are all incorrect 
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post my scetches are all incorrect
hey ed.

i'm having trouble with the analytical scetches..i seem to be good with the word discriptors, but my drawings are WAY off.how can i fix that??

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:36 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: my scetches are all incorrect
Post a sample of your work for my review, and we'll fix the problem.

Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:08 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Hmmm sounds familiar...
Often the general ambience of my site is good, but the sketches are very inaccurate.
I guess the few things that are accurate in my sketches boil down to luck, rather than my RV skill.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:27 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

I'm having that same problem. My decsripters are 80-100% (especially colors), but my drawings are crap. They look preschool campared to the ones others say are no good. I'm going to continue to do at least one a day but could I be practicing a mistake that could be a big problem down the road?

Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:04 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Yep, you indeed could be. So, post a sample of your work so we can see what's what.

Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:12 am
Profile WWW
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

My last two viewings were crap. I hit about 0% on everything.This one was better so I'll post it (that "I'm going to die soon, get out of the way and let me do this" worked well). Aspects a and b seem to overlap or get interference from x all the time so I've been limiting my views to just these three pages for now. If this is wrong please let me know. I'm also reviewing disc one and will continue to do viewings every day.ImageImageImageImage
Please correct me if I'm wrong. I seem to have picked the people as my [x] but describe the surroundings and draw... I don't know what. I've noticed that my hand moves in circles when I go to draw and do my archtypes.

Thank You

Do these pictures show? Ican't see them.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:50 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

pat wrote:
My last two viewings were crap. I hit about 0% on everything.This one was better so I'll post it (that "I'm going to die soon, get out of the way and let me do this" worked well). Aspects a and b seem to overlap or get interference from x all the time so I've been limiting my views to just these three pages for now. If this is wrong please let me know. I'm also reviewing disc one and will continue to do viewings every day.ImageImageImageImage
Please correct me if I'm wrong. I seem to have picked the people as my [x] but describe the surroundings and draw... I don't know what. I've noticed that my hand moves in circles when I go to draw and do my archtypes.

Thank You

Do these pictures show? Ican't see them.

No they don't show up, and yes you should run and post nothing less than an entire sessions all the way to the site template.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Hi,Thanks to another member I,ve learned how to paste my viewings. Although why they're like this is beyond me. I'll try to do better with the scale etc. in the future. I wasn't able to upload the target picture into photobucket ( it was a close up of a moth/bat with big ears). It can be found in shared practice targets under "a few practice targets." It is trn 1209/1510. Any feedback, criticism, help at all would be appreciated. As can be seen my drawings are terrible. Have I botched the target completely, or do I just need to work on certain areas?
Thank You.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:30 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

A couple of points:

-Overall your structure is pretty good for where you're at! You definitely have target contact.
-Make your ideograms more quickly
-What is that L thing in the AOL column?
-Push for more dimensions
-In the S3 freehand, put the labels ON the lines of the sketch. ie: [ X ] should be ON the circle. This is a major mistake.
-Where it says 'add spontaneous archetypes'.... you should be adding them to your sketch, not below that line.
-DO NOT take a break unless you've just finished either your S3 freehand or S4. You need the execution of the ideogram to get you re-connected back to the site. If you must break before finishing S4, re-do the movement from the ideogram. This is a major mistake.
-Make sure you only have one word per 'line' in S4... move down after you write things down, even if you change columns
-Too many AOLs in your movement on [ B ]. There is nothing wrong with AOLs, but if you have many it could indicate you are going too slowly. Speed up your pace.
-In your sketches, try not to think about how the dimensions fit together... you should be able to let your hand draw it and things will fall into place. If you must, ask yourself "Where does angular go?" and then let your hand go to that spot on the page and draw it.
-You must copy your S3 analytical sketches EXACTLY when you move them to your ST. NO changes are allowed. Another major mistake.

Refer to this list as you do a few more sessions, your results will improve dramatically!

Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Thank You for the reply.
My ideograms take maybe half a second. I don't know what they mean but I will try to do them quicker.
The L thing was an archtype I couldn't get out of my head (until I put it into the AOL column) while I was doing my descriptors.

The break was kind of funny as it was the first one I've taken. Much to my wife's chagrin, I'm the king of the phrase "that's why I own an answering machine." But, in the middle of my viewing the phone rang and I found myself saying "hello" into it before I even realized I was doing it. I'll turn the ringer off in the future. When you are viewing do you find yourself so detached that you would reach for, and answer, the phone without even realizing it? I was still writing as the other person was talking.
Thanks for the advise about resuming from a break.

I will refer to your reply in the future. Most of the other things you mentioned I thought I was doing but it is clear I wasn't.
Much appreciated.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:08 am
Extreme User
Extreme User

I have the same problem, my sketches are seriously wrong. I feel like the entire session went crap. It's been this way since I attempted DVD 3. The first target was bad as well...

Here's my session

http://www.theoratorium.com/rv/DVD3_TRN2.zip

Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:45 pm