It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:26 pm

Targets 
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post Targets
I was wondering if we could surpass the recommended limit of targets; during a stage 3 freehand sketch we are told to only do [X] [A] [B]. I was wondering if you could go onto maybe [D]. Also if it made the final Site Template more accurate in the end, or does it harm the accuracy of the data?

Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:54 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Targets
There is no 'recommended limit' -- you must label each key site aspect that presents and expand upon each, in turn!

Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:42 am
Profile WWW
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

I understand there are parts in the remote viewing process were you can't use your mind to think and you must use your unconscious. When labeling your stage three is it something that is instinct or does it require thought. By now it is natural that I label until [B], are you trying to tell me that just by instinct I will know when to add more, or does it apply to every object in my Stage 3?

Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:55 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Rephrase your last sentence so that it is understandable. It is non sequitur as presented.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Sorry about the strange last sentence I was in a rush when I wrote it.
When labeling your Stage 3 do you have to label every single object in your sketch, or do you just label the ones that you feel like?

Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:55 pm
Extreme User
Extreme User

If you have five objects in your stage three, label all five and expand on them. If you have only two objects in your stage three, label both, and expand on them.

Since you are labeling all objects and expanding all objects, if you are incorrect in labeling the most important object as [X], it doesn't matter. The protocol is designed to be self correcting.

Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:14 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Here is an answer by Ed Dames back in 2004 that fits your question and mention the (rare) cases when you can have two [X]'s or several [A]'s in your S3 freehand sketch:

Quote:
Written by Ed Dames on December 28th, 2004:

Simple answer: you have no business thinking at all, in S3 or any other stage (with the exception, to some degree, of the S3 analytical sketch and the site template). It is your mind-body, not your thinking brain, that produced the freehand sketch -- it is the same mechanism that gravitates towards the most important key site aspect. Get out of its way!

Another point: If the target and the site are synonymous, then (after practice) you will only produce a single key aspect, to wit, [X].

There are even cases, albeit uncommon, where multiple targets appear (eg., several murderers), or even multiple [A]'s (eg., planets orbiting a star, where the star is the target -- in the case of let's say a binary star system with three orbiting planets, we would have two [X]'s and three [A]'s each numbered with subscripts). Regardless, it is your body that does the labeling, not you brain. Stop thinking and start RVing.

Source: DVD # 2 - Target 3 - Warning Target Discussed

"The universe [...] is written in mathematical language, and the letters are triangles, circles and other geometrical figures, without which means it is humanly impossible to comprehend a single word." Galileo Galilei

Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:49 pm