It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:54 am

Explanation of "from the top of X something should be percei 
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post Explanation of "from the top of X something should be percei
The instruction for the s3 drawing says - from the top of X something should be perceivable. Since I had a tall structure (not correct but the right shape) as X, I took it to mean what do you see from the top of that tall building and I drew land & a town. This was evidently not the right interpretation of the stipulation - from the top of X. What are we to look for?

Thanks in advance,

Zenshin

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:52 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Explanation of "from the top of X something should be percei
Quote:
The instruction for the s3 drawing

S3's are sketches based on S2 dimensions.

Quote:
from the top of X something should be perceivable

This is a prompt, think of it as instructions for the unconscious, not instructions for you to draw something that you think may be seen from a specific perspective. This would be a analytical interpretation, which is a form of thinking, even though expressed in a visual form.

Quote:
I took it to mean what do you see from the top of that tall building and I drew land & a town

The tall building/structure was a label given to the dimensions sketched in S3. This is a Aol, triggered by thinking. This label has to be declared as a Aol. If you sketched something that you think you recognized in a S3, or what would be seen around it, declare that as a Aol, don't draw or sketch it.

Quote:
from the top of X. What are we to look for?

There's no need to look for anything, just record the words in the appropriate columns.

Watch the dvd's again, and post sessions for feedback.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:00 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Thank you for your help.

I think your last section is the answer. Watch again and just forge on. The instruction - from the top of X - certainly threw me to a position from which to view. I still don't quite understand what that instruction means. For example: should it be asked - what is underneath X - that would be a directional cue. From the top something should be percieved seems hard to ignore. I sure don't want to question too much and will just see if it all falls in place down the road. Funny, what came to pen at that prompt was what was in the background and at the right angles lol. I'm surely taking this too seriously. So:

How much of the RV session is visual? I'm not really seeing much and took those glimpses to be AOLs

Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:04 am
Don’t get stuck on this... This cue just "gets you to the aspect" and allows the viewer to perceive the target. Alex

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:34 pm