It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:57 pm

Mixed results on both stage 1 & 3?? 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post Mixed results on both stage 1 & 3??
I have been struggling with getting mixed sensory descriptor words in stage 1, and also the site freehand sketches in stage 3. I have been writing down both the short photo and long photo descriptors, and my freehand sketches have resemblance of both photos as well. I feel Stage 4 of X is hard to justify when this happens. Has anyone experienced this? Looking for reasons whys I might be struggling with getting a clear directional result when working through the Forex market pairs? Any suggestions or ideas?

Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:36 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Mixed results on both stage 1 & 3??
Hi! Where are you at in the DVD course? Better to post a session for review. It is common to struggle at first with staying in one category at a time in S2. Gaining the upper hand here is an important exercise.

>>

Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:44 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Hi Kfa,

I made a mistake when referencing stage 1... Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Yes, I would have to agree that I am writing the Stage 2 sensory descriptors down in any order they come to me...

In the "Learn RV Course" I have only completed the first 3 DVD's and RV projects. Its been awhile since I worked through the "Learn RV Course" and I don't recall working on any projects in the 4th DVD. As for the, "RV Financial Markets" DVD course, I have reviewed it multiple times. I have done many sessions within the past several months, and I have been in trading for +4 years.
Initially, I was very familiar with all the subjects being covered in the "RV Financial Markets" DVD in regards to Trading. At first, I had a week of great success with the RV Financial Market projects and then all went down hill fast from there on. Ever since then, my session results have been mixed with both short and long descriptors in the 2nd stage (sensory descriptors), 3rd stage (free hand sketch), and final 4th stage (sensory of X).

I have often wondered if my que is flawed due to the slash between the pair, but then I don't see how I would have been so successful in the very first week if that was a true issue.

Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:05 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Before you master the basics, it is pretty much useless to spend time wondering whether the cue was perfectly worded or not. The order in stage 2 is there for a purpose, and doing many sessions while outright ignoring instructions comes at a price. We're here to help, if you want it. Disc 1, exercise 1, only up to the freehand sketch, over in the relevant forum section. The RVFM topic is taboo until course graduation.
8)

>>

Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:00 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Hi kfa,

Wow, I recall the teachings in the DVD's telling us to get away from using the rigid sensory descriptors list as soon as possible. We are to write them down as they come to us as in Stage 4.

I actually was still using the worksheets because its easy and simple to go back to, and I was actually feeling like I was being a bit lazy by not developing myself away from it. Now I feel a bit thrown back, and don't understand why I was told the RV financial markets was some of the simpliest forms of RV.

Okay, I will check out the forum.

Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:45 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

I will review the DVD set for the Learn RV course.

Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:55 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

The S2 worksheet only gives word suggestions to make things easier at first, and the list covers a major portion of what actually occurs. It is a crutch like the supporting wheels on a children's bicycle. But doing without it and relying on your own vocabulary does not mean you can throw out the structure. If there was a misunderstanding about this so early in the course, we have to go back to square one and fix it.

>>

Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:14 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

It would be worth your time to copy the word descriptor list 3-5 times, to reinforce your vocabulary.

Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:04 pm
Profile WWW