It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:09 pm

Nadex experiment 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Nadex experiment
Using the RVFM DVD examples I am experimenting with formulating a Forex cue for usage within the Nadex binary options system (nadex.com, Forex Binaries). I am hoping someone could shed some light on my blundering.
In effort to not to reveal any proprietary RVFM methods, I have put my two cue attempts between the first and second cue phrases provided in the DVD specifically for Forex exchange rates (near the end of the DVD).

Notice my cue additions in bold.
1st cue adjustment
[xxxx/xxxx] …/ nadex.com / EUR/USD > 1.1210 (4PM) / trading …. /….
2nd cue adjustment
[xxxx/xxxx] …/ EUR/USD > 1.1210 (4PM) / trading …. /….

The reference to EUR/USD > 1.1210 (4PM) is defined by Nadex as the “calculated level of the underlying market at Expiration, as determined by Nadex”, meaning for example to receive payout for this contract with a LONG position, the nadex calculated level must be above 1.1210 (4PM) Eastern Standard Time.

These contracts are commonly offered in 4 pip intervals, for example…
EUR/USD >1.1210 (4PM)
EUR/USD >1.1206 (4PM)
EUR/USD >1.1202 (4PM)

The issue I have seems to be related to when the index closes real close to the contract option I decide to RV an hour earlier.
When I choose to RV EUR/USD >1.1206 (4PM) with results saying to go LONG at the end of the session around 3:15 PM EST, what sometimes happens, even with a stellar, obvious HARV session, is that the nadex expiration calculation will expire at something like 1.12059, which is miss, a loss of course. This doesn’t seem to happen with expiration values that are clearly further out like if the above example closed at 1.1182. In this case the RV session would have told me to go SHORT (most of the time). Notice below - Nadex has a unique way of interpreting where the Forex rate is at a given time.

Do you think my cue is off or is it something else like the expiration index variation?
I try hard to keep a good RV diet these days, lots of photo practice sessions, high interest stuff, occasional HARV, etc.

Nadex says…
Expiration, Expiry, Expiration Time, Expiration Date
The point in time at which the Expiration Value is calculated. For most Nadex contracts, exchange members can leave orders to trade

right up until this point. However, please note that some Events markets may close prior to Expiration.
Expiration Value
The calculated level of the underlying market at Expiration, as determined by Nadex (except for Economic Events where it is determined by the relevant source agency). Nadex uses the following processes to calculate Expiration Value:

Nadex Forex Contracts:

1. Take the last 10 midpoint prices in the underlying market
2. Remove the highest 3 prices and the lowest 3 prices
3. Take the arithmetic average of the remaining 4 prices and round to one decimal point past the point of precision of the underlying market

Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:28 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Re: Nadex experiment
I went back and watched the DVD again. I missed the note about greater than and less than. Now I assume we can't use greater than (>) and less then (<) signs in the cue even if it is a specified contract in Nadex. I'm thinking this whole cue is flawed.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:27 pm