It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:10 pm

Anyone making a living on the FM? 
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Anyone making a living on the FM?
With this technology there is no reason that a moderately experienced RVer can not make a living (if not a killing) doing this as their primary source of income.

Anyone on these boards using RVFM tech as their primary source of income? Are my expectations out of whack if I want to make this my job and enjoy a comfortable lifestyle? Anyone getting rich?

Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:15 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Re: Anyone making a living on the FM?
I think only few are doing it actually,

But this DOES NOT matter. What does matter that it is actually possible.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:07 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

I posted a very conservative analysis here:

viewtopic.php?p=16755#p16755

where I speculated

Quote:
If one is investing $3750 per contract in a risky investment like E-Mini NASDAQ 100 Futures, one should have more than that committed to one's whole investment process to cover potential losses and keep trading...
My rule is to keep an individual investment under 10% of my nut, so I would need about $50,000 committed to investment to cover this one trade, and I couldn't trade 2 contracts until I had more than $75,000.
... working through a little more practical model over the course of a year [with one trade per day] (80% hit rate, 10% return on success, 10% loss on failure, 25% tax rate [professional traders are taxed differently], taxes paid quarterly, and a modest amount pulled out monthly for spending money) at the end of that year you're pulling out $4000 a month with about $75,000 in the account.

Scale the numbers up or down as appropriate. Do you think you could live on on RV session a day? Do you have the discipline to keep this rate up for a year?

Do you think you could do enough other targets as to avoid the "loss of novelty" issue?

Live first, kill later...

Speaking part DVD4 00:17:49

Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:56 pm
Red gator

The novelty is lost NOT due to the "target" not being interesting. It's the "process" that becomes less novel.

So the most exciting tragets will not bring back novelty.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:26 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

[purged]

Last edited by PSIA on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:30 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

It would seem as though Seeker has returned under a new moniker.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

Quote:
With this technology there is no reason that a moderately experienced RVer can not make a living (if not a killing) doing this as their primary source of income.

I'm headed there no doubt about it.

Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny!

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:34 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Jazzman wrote:
Quote:

I'm headed there no doubt about it.

Jazzman - care to elaborate?

Are you trading futures? Options? Forex?

Without divulging your methods - what's your success rate been? Are you using the FM DVD as your primary method?

Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:14 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Balance in all things

I've traded all of the items you've mentioned. Whatever method you use, my opinion the real key to successful trading is good money management! Even if you hit your trades at a 50% success rate you'll still be ahead if your use good money management. All of the various exchange traded commodities have their advantages and challenges, that's why good money management is so very important to "successful trading". Learning RV helps a great deal, don't presuppose anything in how it works, just learn it. Used the way it's taught has a very high success rate. (Did I mention that good money management is taught with the RV program as well?)

I'm actually not trading now, I'm focusing on learning RV myself as well as addressing some personal health issues. I'm confident that using RV and good money management things will work very well, however---

Learning the habits of millionaires is really the only way to attract and maintain wealth, that's for another forum, feel to pm or e-mail me and I'll share what's worked for me.

Personally the greatest wealth and riches I've experienced have nothing to do with money, yes it's nice to have extra and needed to function, but having lived both I'll share where my wealth is. Watching my children grow up and being key to their growth and education. Seeing my son grow from being an excited 12 year old with a new telescope to being a budding astrophysicist that knows hundreds of objects in the skies and discusses intergalactic gravitational interaction with the pros in our local astronomy club at 18 (he's far beyond me there). Seeing the results as my daughter aced her college entrance exam with the highest score on record as well as all the amazing things she has accomplished so far. (good days for home school parents) Last summer I walked my daughter down the wedding isle and gained an amazing son in law at the same moment, that was a very, very good day for dad, money helped with the wedding but the moment was far beyond any riches could buy. And yes music, both classical and jazz is huge for me as well, (i.e. my forum name). The bad times and challenges that are presented to us create great wealth as well when they are addressed and growth is experienced from them, sometimes that the only way we can grow in needed areas.

Am I encouraging finding financial wealth, yes

Am I encouraging growing a garden of our passions, definitely

I do realize this is a learning forum for RV, though I felt inclined to place this post. if it's not suitable for this forum feel free to delete it.

All the Best!
Jazz

Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny!

Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:21 pm