It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:00 pm

Question about pairs 
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Question about pairs
hi, instead of using a image pair in a H-ARV question, could I use latt/long values instead for each image...

Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:15 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Question about pairs
Guess you could pioneer to try this out, if you use coordinates of two very different locations. If those coordinates are what you want to find out, then you're thinking the wrong way.

>>

Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:42 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Honestly, I don't understand at all the strong aversion to just printing pairs out. It isn't that expensive using a service like snapfish. I have paid a total of $8 for 150 color 4x6 prints over the last 6 months.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

kocmodpom, its just my mind is sick of images, resulting in 'displacement'... I'm just trying to connect more with the target via google earth...

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:33 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Using google earth for pairs will not solve the problem. Try understanding the source of the problem before applying a medication to treat the symptoms.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:38 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Before ordering photos I want to know if noise can occur using pairs already marked with different TRNs other than for the HARV cue.

"The universe [...] is written in mathematical language, and the letters are triangles, circles and other geometrical figures, without which means it is humanly impossible to comprehend a single word." Galileo Galilei

Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:21 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Hello Raptor, I must redact my previous advice as I experienced a temporary lapse in reason in fully comprehending your question. Better to fix it, than leave it. The way I reason your question is : Would a photograph that has an affixed TRN on it, then forever be bound to the TRN and cue ? The answer to your question, in my opinion, would be a no...You may use the same photograph for differing session work, and be free of noise as long as we use fresh and different TRN's and cue's. Order away... And I apologize for the mix up. Dan

Last edited by Dan Ellis on Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Hi Raptor, Given with what I stated above, I personally cannot rule out bleed-through issue's when like images, with different TRN's are used in our work. I must consider for our purpose's here, that when a photograph has physical TRN's written on it, that, and are tied to a cue, it then becomes plausible in my opinion, that/the information becomes fixed in the Matrix. I hate to double redact, but for the record, I do. Use fresh and novel images when you can get them. What do you think Raptor ? Merry Christmas ! Dan

Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:08 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Okay, will do. Thanks Ellis. That's safest.

"The universe [...] is written in mathematical language, and the letters are triangles, circles and other geometrical figures, without which means it is humanly impossible to comprehend a single word." Galileo Galilei

Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:33 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

mindscape wrote:
kocmodpom, its just my mind is sick of images, resulting in 'displacement'... I'm just trying to connect more with the target via google earth...

Displacement is not the same as target morphing. They are two distinctly different and mostly unrelated phenomena. Perhaps you could be more specific as to the problem you have chosen to call "displacement"?

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

kocmodpom wrote:
Honestly, I don't understand at all the strong aversion to just printing pairs out. It isn't that expensive using a service like snapfish. I have paid a total of $8 for 150 color 4x6 prints over the last 6 months.

Are you sourcing the pictures from Nat Geo online? Today I watched the RVFM disc. It was my first exposure to H-ARV.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:04 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Yes, I get them from National Geographic.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:37 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

kocmodpom wrote:
Yes, I get them from National Geographic.

As a follow up, I used pictures at this link:

http://photography.nationalgeographic.c ... y/archive/

I printed/ordered 129 of them in order to start a pool of pictures to use for H-ARV sessions. The resolution was low on most of them. I can use 41 of them. Is that enough in your opinion?

Also, would it be ok if I were to post any H-ARV sessions on here for review if I leave out the cue? I know the cue is proprietary and cannot be posted here or anywhere else.

Thank you.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:30 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

That many will probably work for the first 5 sessions, then you will start to really guess which is next. Oh yea, you will probably be guessing on the first few as well. Try it and you will get a better feel for it. I am up to 150+ pairs now.

You can always get the wallpaper version of them at higher resolution, then crop off the description at the bottom

Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

Your responses have been most generous on this forum, kocmodpom. Thank you.
Concerning the photo pairs on the FM disk, the quality for best results is not clear to me. I see offers on ebay for a complete set of all years for National Geographic on DVD. Would these be advisable to use? Or would it be better to buy someones collection of 100 to 300 magazines and cut with scissors? Should those smaller photos than be scotch taped to 8 1/2x11 copy paper with the TRN on the copy paper with an arrow to the appropriate object on the photo or should the TRN be on the photo itself?
Kocmodpom, you mentioned a printing service you used, but I didn't understand how the source of your pictures traveled from the initial photo site to your computer or however you received it. How important is the connection on this route from the original image to the paper photo in my hand/envelope? Would it be good to take a 35mm film camera out and take photos of every useable scene that I see over a few weeks time?, which would make all the s4 AI's mine, as the photographer. Would that degrade photo quality as a frontloaded component? Would a 600 dpi printout on plain copy paper be just as usable as a photo quality print on glossy photo paper?
My goal is 500 photos/ 250 pairs. In the past I have been so distracted by trying to guess what the photo is because it was front loaded so I would be more confident to avoid this AOL by going into overkill on quantity for FOREX work.
If I can complete a quality package I would like to send them on to anyone who wants them next since I can only use them once.
Thanks, anybody who can help me along on this.

Thu May 22, 2014 11:27 pm