It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:58 pm

FOREX Cue 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post FOREX Cue
I want to trade the EUR/USD during NY market hours. I searched this forum to construct a cue to use. I will be using a written trading plan for this which will be in a separate envelope labeled Our Customized Trading Plan. Here is the cue I have come up with. Any comments or suggestions?

EURUSD (the exchange rate of the euro expressed in US dollars) / New York City, New York tomorrow's spot foreign exchange market trading positions for XXXXXXX XXXXX using Our Customized Trading Plan / XXXXXXX...

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:35 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: FOREX Cue
Our customized trading plan ?

For the same reason why you can't use

Dick & Jane / optimum trajectory

You shouldn't use our

There is ZERO link between NYSE market hours and FX hours.

Have you purchased the Financial Markets DVD?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:45 am
Profile WWW
Experienced User
Experienced User

I was referring to the NY Forex market, not the Stock Exchange market. Should I specify that in the cue?

I used "Our" because there are two of us. My partner bought the DVD. I bring the trading and technical analysis skills to the table. So the plan is used by both of us. I could change the name from "Our" to something like "Super" or another word. Would that work so long as the document and containing envelope are labeled that way?

It has the entry, exit, position sizing, etc rules in it and is about 2 pages long. So putting it directly in the cue like the DVD has would not work. A post here indicated it could be in a separate envelope and referenced in the cue.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:54 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

You realize that ForEx is a 24 hour market right? Attempting to tie it to a city will not help you at all, the matrix doesn't care where the trades are executed.

Sounds like you made the trading rules then so why reference another person to make the cue non-sensical?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:00 am
Profile WWW
Experienced User
Experienced User

Actually FOREX is traded at 4 marketplaces: Sydney, Tokyo, London and New York. NY market trades from 8AM-5PM Eastern time. We want to open trades only during the NY market trading hours.

The trading plan was collaboratively developed, although I did most of it. I do have a question on the plan. It will change over time as we adjust it. Should I use a version number or date or does the matrix use the one currently residing in the envelope? Also just to clarify, he and I will be doing the H-ARV sessions together: he has the envelopes in his location, I do the session and send him the results to pick the selected photo.

Last edited by lsilva on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:14 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

The advice you were given in this thread is based on YEARS of testing this in live trading. You're spitting in the face of really valuable advice.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Experienced User
Experienced User

I am not trying to spit on anything. I am hoping to get opinions and other's experiences on a way to better nail down when I want to trade FOREX. On this board, there are several discussions of time frames. I understand that clock times do not work. Also, concepts such as "near term" and "short term" are vague. Doing the session right before trading, another option on this board, is the closest I could find to what I want to do (trade during NY Market times). In other similar work I have done, I have found that using such a reference as a proxy for clock time works. I wonder if in any of those many experiments, this approach has been used.

I suppose another way to ask the question to try to get the benefit of prior experimentation is: has a way been discovered that allows the matrix to understand the reference to a time period such as "tomorrow"? Even for stocks and futures, there is aftermarket activity, so saying FOREX is open 24/7 (which by the way it is not, but nearly so) is kind of a red herring. (BTW: The FX market opens Sunday 5 PM EST and runs continuously until Friday 5 PM EST.)

So any results other than those already posted on this board that would provide usable cues for this is what I am hoping to get. If research has not yet been done along this line of cues, perhaps new research would be fruitful. Since many FOREX traders are day traders, finding a way to better specify "tomorrow" would be very fruitful.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:50 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Quote:
...so saying FOREX is open 24/7...

I don't recall anyone saying 7 days a week.

Quote:
Also, concepts such as "near term" and "short term" are vague.

On what statistical evidence do you base that conclusion? I would disagree on near term, and I don't have enough evidence on short-term to make a clear cut call on that.

Quote:
If research has not yet been done along this line of cues, perhaps new research would be fruitful.

Research is always going on, most of it is not public. You have definitely taken the right approach/path of least resistance, i.e. asking for the current level of public knowledge (I am surprised that I am about the only person who even admits to continuing research on the subject of markets), and then continuing on with independent research.

I will throw you a bone. You could use a known unambiguous unit of time in the cue, like minutes or hours. But you have to determine whether or not

next 360 minutes trading... or next 360-minute trading...

works or not.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
Experienced User
Experienced User

My comments on 'near term' and 'short term' were based on looking at posts on this forum which were trying to do something similar to what I want: nail down the time horizon of the H-ARV session's viewing. Neither seemed to work to get tomorrow, or the next couple of days. Instead they seemed to relate to an undetermined number of days in the future. I did not see any statistical results posted. Perhaps more rigorous research has been done but not posted here.

Thanks for the bone. <gnaw> <gnaw> yummy! I will see if I can use that.

This thread has helped me refine the cue, hopefully an improvement, to:

EURUSD (the exchange rate of the euro expressed in US dollars) / tomorrow's New York forex market session trading positions XXXXXX using FOREX Visionary Trading Plan / XXXXXX

I replaced "our" with something else. I also put the more common term used by traders for the NY session.

Suggestions are certainly welcome! We plan on starting to test this in a couple of days.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:22 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Statistical research has been done on near term and has not been posted in this forum.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:57 am
Profile WWW
Experienced User
Experienced User

I guess that is being saved for the Advanced FM Class ;)

Can you give some crumbs? Does it apply to next day or a few days, or is it in the weeks time frame?

Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:13 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

There are plenty of crumbs, just search for the terms "short term" or "near term". Especially look out for the Major's postings like so and so. That, plus the foundation given in the RVFM presentation, is the current state of publicized research.

It is natural and understandable, that the question about more exacting qualifiers keeps coming up. All we really know from experience at this time is, that some seemingly inexact terms such as "near" are interpreted by the Matrix in a reproducible manner, whereas feeding it numbers via the cue is a beast yet to be tamed. Here and there you'll find some claims of successes in various contexts, but I haven't seen anyone able to offer a cake that's risk free to eat for the general public.

>>

Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:24 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

lsilva wrote:
I guess that is being saved for the Advanced FM Class ;)

Perhaps it is. ;)

Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:36 pm
Profile WWW